***Official Draft Thread Day One***

Status
Not open for further replies.

manster4ever

Reaction score
I thought the best pick of the first round was the Vikings selecting Bridgewater at 32.

The worst pick was the Dolphins' selection of Ja'Wuan James. With an honorable mention to the Eagles reaching for Marcus Smith.

I'm not sold on Teddy as a QB...but I am as a person. GREAT kid and I'm very happy he went in the first.

DTown214

Reaction score
OK I originally hated the idea of taking OL early in this draft... But if we get that Xavier Su'Filo guy in the second to pair with Travis Frederick, Tyron Smith, and now Zack Martin... Damn... best o-line in football by next season. And Murray is running for 1500 yrds behind that wall.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
We better start loading up on the D with maybe an exception until round 7. JMO.

daveferr33

Reaction score
We better start loading up on the D with maybe an exception until round 7. JMO.

In the Second: If Xavier Su'Filo is there for the taking, and there are no higher rated D-Linemen, don't you have to take the guard?

jnday

Reaction score
The best pick since Larry Allen

I am not blaming you for being excited, but Martin would be lucky to have the career that Flozell and Gurode had during thir day and I won't even mention Tyron and Fred. Martin is not top tackle prospect and some teams didn't have him as their top guard prospect. If anything, he is a safe pick that should have a solid career and his ability to play more than one position gives him value as well.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
In the Second: If Xavier Su'Filo is there for the taking, and there are no higher rated D-Linemen, don't you have to take the guard?

No there are still CBs out there as well as LBs. I'm not certain about the safeties but I'm guessing that's not a high priority for them this year. They have to have another decent CB from somewhere. I'm not the person to talk to in the later rounds. I just can't keep up with it with all the other stuff I have to do.

They can get by without another DL although I advise against it. But they have to find another pass rusher or three. I was hoping on getting Shazier as a WLB and situational pass rusher. They are going to have to take one of the lesser rated guys tonight and hope it works out. They should be looking for a WLB, too.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
OK I originally hated the idea of taking OL early in this draft... But if we get that Xavier Su'Filo guy in the second to pair with Travis Frederick, Tyron Smith, and now Zack Martin... Damn... best o-line in football by next season. And Murray is running for 1500 yrds behind that wall.

while that does have me salivating a bit, even i think that would be too much given our needs on D.

Carolina Cowboy

Reaction score
The ESPN set tonight and the rest of the draft is Berman, Mel, Dilfer and McShay. A much better panel than what they did in the first round. That was a horrible decision going with Gruden and Ray Lewis. They were NFLN bad.

Dude, Lewis was beyond Emmitt bad. Lost, confused, marble mouthed and completely out of sync with the rest of the crew. I generally can stand Chuckie but the JF love pick after pick was asinine beyond words.

Status
Not open for further replies.