***Official Draft Thread Day One***

Status
Not open for further replies.

cml750

Reaction score
He would have not taken a center and guard in the 1st rd the last two years if he was all about the glitz.
Anyway, I doubt they draft in the top 5 next year unless Romo goes down.

Speaking from experience with back problems there is a good chance we draft top 5.

DFWJC

Reaction score
From Dilfer @TDESPN
For whatever it's worth, favorite pick of the 1st round is Zack Martin - ND.#Cowboys will move him to guard & he will dominate #ProBowl

Run game should be a force with Freddy, smith, and Martin ...if Garrett and Lineham will allow it.
Then play action will actually have so e meaning.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Speaking from experience with back problems there is a good chance we draft top 5.

Not the worst thing in the world. We are building for the future. Romo will not be apart of that future and I wish we would not have signed him to that toxic contract. We aren't contending next year at all.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Run game should be a force with Freddy, smith, and Martin ...if Garrett and Lineham will allow it.
Then play action will actually have so e meaning.

Do we target an RB?

I think Demarco can be a pro-bowler (not a fill in pro-bowler) behind this O-Line if we run more like we should. But I think it's time we start to build a committee and really try to dominate the LOS and control the clock. Maybe after the 3rd round we should start considering RB's.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
My only real surprise is that it wasn't a defensive pick. I like it though.

Well the CBs were gone. Shazier gone. I thought maybe they'd go with a S there but shows at least they didn't want to spend a 1st on one so must think between Johnson, Heath, and Wilcox they might have a player.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Another thing: suddenly I'm not afraid of that 49er front 7 on opening night. :)

Fredd

Reaction score
When they interviewed him, he sounded genuinely happy to be coming to Dallas; especially during the "phone call" form Garrett and Linehan...pretty happy about him...he has just enough of an edge to him to build with Fred, Ty and Leary (and possibly free) for the future

DFWJC

Reaction score
Do we target an RB?

I think Demarco can be a pro-bowler (not a fill in pro-bowler) behind this O-Line if we run more like we should. But I think it's time we start to build a committee and really try to dominate the LOS and control the clock. Maybe after the 3rd round we should start considering RB's.
You know Murray is pumped.

Should be great value at the position. But yeah, can't see it before the 4th or later.

Eddie

Reaction score
I'm far from a Romo hater. In fact, For most of his career I was one of his biggest fans. Take it form someone who has the EXACT SAME back problems as Tony, HE's NEVER gonna be the same. Remember how easy he fell down this past year. Someone got near him and his first instinct was to go down. That's human nature and the body protecting itself. He's had TWO surgeries in less than a year. We will be lucky to see him play 10 games over the next two years. We are going to see Weeden and hopefully you guys are all ok with that...

The reality is that we've been going through season after season living on HOPE. We hope so and so pans out. We hope so and so's healthy. We hope Romo's back is ok. This is not how to run a team. We need to cover our bases. Romo's career may end this year. I'm not advocating taking Manziel, but we need to look for Romo's replacement ... now.

We can't wait like we did with Aikman ... where we finished the season with Anthony Wright, and then panic by drafting Quincy Carter in the 2nd round. We need to find someone to groom between Friday and Saturday.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Not the worst thing in the world. We are building for the future. Romo will not be apart of that future and I wish we would not have signed him to that toxic contract. We aren't contending next year at all.

Exactly.

Is there any doubt we are rebuilding?

The rest of the draft is way more critical than this pick of Martin.

We'll see.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am stoked for the 2nd and 3rd round tonight. Keep the momentum going with the Martin pick. No head scratchers or off the wall picks. Value, value, value.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought the best pick of the first round was the Vikings selecting Bridgewater at 32.

The worst pick was the Dolphins' selection of Ja'Wuan James. With an honorable mention to the Eagles reaching for Marcus Smith.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The ESPN set tonight and the rest of the draft is Berman, Mel, Dilfer and McShay. A much better panel than what they did in the first round. That was a horrible decision going with Gruden and Ray Lewis. They were NFLN bad.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
True, and I would understand if Pryor and Clinton-Dix were off the board... But seriously, we really should've taken one of them. I know taking Ealy or Jernigan woulda been a reach... but Dix is a top 10 overall talent in this draft and safety is probably our biggest need behind d-line... Can't believe we passed up on them

Not if Martin was grading out higher. Draft is not just need and there are other top players to be had in this draft. Dallas will take defensive players but being smart and taking the best player who also helps fill a need is important with that move we not only gain a starter but a guy who can play LT, RT and some say Center we also add depth with guys who played last season and faired well.

Smith22

Reaction score
Do we target an RB?

possibly in round 3 or 4. i just don't see it happening round 2.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I thought the best pick of the first round was the Vikings selecting Bridgewater at 32.

The worst pick was the Dolphins' selection of Ja'Wuan James. With an honorable mention to the Eagles reaching for Marcus Smith.

Didn't like the Fins pick. Bridgewater will be ok at least. I think the Eagles could have gotten a player. I saw him as late first at best upper second at worst. He's a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.