*** Official Fan Mock Draft Thread ***

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1450072 said:
What you've just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response did I come across anything even remotely resembling a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Happy Gilmore

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Couple Dallas Mocks

Mock 1
1. Dwayne Bowe - WR LSU
2. Johnathan Wade - CB Tennessee
3. Alan Barbre- OT Missouri Southern St
4. Brian Robinson - OLB Texas
5. Kareem Brown - DT Miami
6a. Dan Stantucci - OG Notre Dame
6b. Dustin Fry - C Clemson
7a. Le'ron Mclain - FB Alabama
7b. Justin Medlock - K UCLA

Mock 2 (all picks the same except)
1. Anthony Spencer - OLB Purdue
4. Chris Davis - WR FSU

Thoughts?

superpunk

Reaction score
masomenos85;1452690 said:
Couple Dallas Mocks

Mock 1
1. Dwayne Bowe - WR LSU
2. Johnathan Wade - CB Tennessee
3. Alan Barbre- OT Missouri Southern St
4. Brian Robinson - OLB Texas
5. Kareem Brown - DT Miami
6a. Dan Stantucci - OG Notre Dame
6b. Dustin Fry - C Clemson
7a. Le'ron Mclain - FB Alabama
7b. Justin Medlock - K UCLA

Mock 2 (all picks the same except)
1. Anthony Spencer - OLB Purdue
4. Chris Davis - WR FSU

Thoughts?
I love it, both ways - although I wonder if we'd like a shot at Gonzales (WR) in the second?

bhamzspecial

Reaction score
My Mock Draft is as good as it gets

Round 1-WR-Dwayne Jarret(USC)
Round 2-OLB-Quentin Moses(Georgia)
Round 3-CB-Courtney Brown(Cal-Poly) or Usama Young(Kent State)
Round 4-OG/T-Allen Barbre(Missouri Southern)
Round 5-NT-Walter Thomas(NW Mississippi JC)
Round 6-OT-Jermon Bushrod(Townson State)
Round 6-OLB-Jacob Ford(Central Arkansas)
Round 7-FB-Jessie Allen(Virginia Tech)
Round 7-OC/G-Kyle Young(Fresno State)
Round 7-BAP

This mock stays true to your board and you don't reach for any player.

Comments

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
i wouldn't be disappointed with the Jarrett pick...he doesn't separate that well against WR's all the time, but looking at some of his highlights, this guy just makes plays in big game situations. I think he has game speed which is something you can't teach or measure! Plus he would be entering an offense similar to USC just because of the fact he will have so much talent around him. So Jarrett could make an immediate impact, especially if Owens or Glenn go down.

Not really sure about the Moses pick...he had a pretty mediocre senior year and i don't know what other LB's would be on the board at this point. I'de rather see someone like Anthony Spencer or even LaMarr Woodley come off the board for the Cowboys.

I like the Courtney Brown pick, I'm not sure if the 3rd round would be a tad of a reach, wouldn't disappoint me though. Don't know much about Usama Young.

Love the Barbre pick. Obviously we're interested in this guy and it's almost certain we'll draft him.

Kinda weary of Walter Thomas. HUGE guy and probably perfect for the 34, but he has character and work ethic issues. This guy is a project I think.

Can't really comment on the rest of them because I don't know much about them except Kyle Young. Good pick to be the swing guy for C/G.

Not bad at all.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
bhamzspecial;1456406 said:

Round 7-BAP

Comments

Quinten Moses might not even go on day one, let alone rd two...I wouldnt mind Jarrett, but I think he can be had later than 22

David

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Two things.

1. :welcome: to the board.

2. Your quote above is all I read. Couldn't go any further. Don't be insulted. My mom could put out a mock and I wouldn't read it either.

hendog

Reaction score
Nice mock. I personally don't think I want 5 of my first 7 picks to be from small schools playing lesser competition. Seems too much to ask all of them to pan out.

bhamzspecial

Reaction score
Besides the first three picks who will need to contribute this year. After the first three all are the other picks are for 2008 and beyond. Jarret can play right away. Moses even though he had a subpar senior year is a threat on the edge and Courtney Brown can work his way into the nickel by years end. This guy has speed and some ability

alancdc

Reaction score

Round 7-BAP

Comments

Like small schools? How in the world do you, or could you know anything about the players at these small schools? I don't mean that as bad as it probably sounds, but man....If so, hats off to you for doing homework!

bhamzspecial

Reaction score
Look at Jarrett's numers vs. any other receiver not named Calvin Johnson because he is a whole another story. Regarding the small schools, I don't care where they play but what potential they have at the next level and hope it translate to the pro's. Jerry Rice(Goat) Miss. Valley and our own Larry Allen arguably one of the best guards of all time Sonoma State, never heard of it in my life. I know those are two extreme example but true.

VACowboy

Reaction score
Round 7-BAP

Jarret reminds me way too much of Mike Williams.

I LOVE the Barbre, Thomas and Young selections.

In a perfect scenario we'd trade down somewhere between 27 and 30 and pick up an extra third-rounder. My mostly realistic draft would then look like this:

(Thanks to Draft Countdown for the info: http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/)

1) Anthony Spencer, LB, Purdue, 6'3", 265, 4.7 -- An excellent athlete with great speed...Playmaker who is very active with a great motor and always around the action...Versatile and has experience dropping into coverage...Natural pass rusher with a knack for getting after the quarterback and making plays in the backfield...Extremely productive...A good technician who plays with solid leverage...Relatively stout against the run for his size...Experienced and battle tested...Good range with a burst to close fast...Very instinctive and smart. He had 9.5, 3 and 10.5 sacks the past three seasons, playing against top competition.

2) Eric Weddle, S, Utah, 5'11", 203, 4.48 -- A playmaker with excellent ball skills...Has great instincts...Tough, aggressive and a good tackler...Is always around the action...A high character player who will be an asset on and off the field...Smart and a hard worker with a great motor...Was very productive and a game changer at the college level...Will be a great special teamer and also returned punts for the Utes...Versatile with experience at both safety and cornerback with the potential to play either position at the pro level. Special education major who is very active in the community...The type who won't impress you with his physical tools but just gets the job done between the lines and is a true football player...Underrated prospect whose grade will be affected by a lack of measurables but he will end up making teams regret passing on him. He had 4, 4 and 7 INTs the past three seasons.

3) Josh Wilson, CB, Maryland, 5'9", 189, 4.39 -- Has phenomenal speed...A tremendous natural athlete with excellent quickness, agility and leaping ability...Tough and physical guy who plays a lot bigger than he is and will help against the run...Smart with good instincts...Hips are fluid and he can turn and run with anyone...Is also a terrific return man...Has good bloodlines. One of the fastest players in the draft, regardless of position...Also ran sprints for the Terps track team. One INT in each of the past two seasons.

3) Johnnie Lee Higgins, WR, U.T.E.P., 5'11", 186, 4.52 -- Has outstanding speed...Very quick with a burst...Excellent athlete...Great leaper with good ball skills and body control...Big play threat...Elusive and runs well after the catch...Tough and plays bigger than he is...Has reliable hands and will snatch the ball out of the air...Very productive...He can also contribute as a return man. Averaged 14.5, 20.6, 17.1 and 16.1 YPC, had 362, 700, 837 and 1319 yards, and caught 0, 10, 9 and 13 TDs the four years of his college career.

4) Allen Barbre, OT, Missouri Southern St., 6'4",302, 4.84 -- A fantastic athlete for the position...Mobile with good range...Decent size and the frame to bulk up further...Great strength...A hard worker...Tough and plays with a physical demeanor...Effective as a run and pass blocker...He dominated his level. Division II All-American...A workout warrior who really opened some eyes at the Scouting Combine...Could also project to guard at the next level..Might thrive in a zone blocking scheme...One of the top sleeper prospects in this draft and he will attempt to follow in the footsteps of guys like Todd Herremans and Kevin Boothe.

5) Walter Thomas, NT, NW Mississippi C.C., 6'4", 374, 5.15 -- Outstanding size and a huge frame...Very athletic...Fast and quick off the snap for a man of his dimensions...Strong and extremely powerful...Fantastic feet...Upside is basically limitless...Was really impressive at the Texas vs. Nation All-Star game.

6) Cory Anderson, FB, Tennessee, 6'2", 247, 4.70 -- A terrific athlete...Has good size and bulk...Timed speed is adequate...Excellent blocker...Strong and powerful...Has good hands and can contribute as a receiver out of the backfield...Explosive, physical and aggressive...Still has some upside...Definitely has a lot of the physical tools you look for...Basically a lead blocker and pass catcher now but has potential as a runner.

6) Kyle Young, C, Fresno State, 6'5", 354, 5.61 -- Has terrific size...Extremely strong and physical...Tough and aggressive...Stout at the point of attack and will not get pushed around...Has a nasty demeanor and a killer instinct...Versatile...Durable...A hard worker and coaches speak highly of his intangibles...Excellent awareness and a high football IQ...Has a lot of experience.

7) Jake Kuresa, G, BYU, 6'3", 322, 5.25 -- Has fantastic size...Is real strong...Proved to be extremely versatile...Athletic with pretty good feet...A hard worker...Is smart and aware...Can physically dominate opponents with his sheer bulk...Once he locks on it's over...Team leader/Captain.

7) Anthony Pudewell, TE, Nevada, 6'4", 250, 5.04 -- Excellent blocker...Very tough...Has reliable hands...Smart...Hard worker with a great motor...Aggressive and never gives up on a play...Runs hard...Uses good leverage...Decent target in the short passing game...A team leader and captain.

7) Jeff Rowe, QB, Nevada, 6'5", 226, 4.98 -- Has excellent size and bulk with a big frame...Moves well in the pocket...Throws a nice ball...Accurate and excels in the short to intermediate passing game...Tough and hard working...Nice timing and touch...Smart with great leadership abilities. 2633, 2925 and 1907 yards, 58.4, 62 and 64.7 completion percent, and 15/12, 21/10 and 17/8 TD/INT the past three years.

Undrafted Free Agents
Marcus Hamilton, CB, Virginia, 5'11, 186, 4.51 -- Has adequate size and bulk...Long arms...Really excels in zone coverage...A good leaper...Smart and very instinctive...Has good hands...Does a solid job versus the run...Anticipates well...A playmaker who jumps on opportunities...Top intangibles. The past three seasons he's totaled 4, 6 and 5 interceptions, respectively.

Jordan Kent, WR, Oregon, 6'4", 221, 4.50 -- Has outstanding height and bulk with long arms...Tremendous natural athlete...A long strider with decent speed...Just oozes potential...Phenomenal leaper...Smart and a hard worker w/ top intangibles...Showed big improvement in a short time. Was born in Saudi Arabia...Played basketball for the Ducks and his father, Ernie, is the head basketball coach...For the most part he had been known as a track and basketball star and he actually excelled in both sports at the high school and college levels...Opted to give football a try in 2005 and in doing so he became the first NCAA athlete to letter in three sports since 2002...Didn't see much action on the gridiron in high school...An extremely intriguing prospect who may get drafted based on upside alone...Whoever brings him into the fold will have to be willing to invest a lot of time and effort in him but in the end it could pay major dividends. Very raw, but very big and fast, too.

alancdc

Reaction score
bhamzspecial;1456494 said:
Look at Jarrett's numers vs. any other receiver not named Calvin Johnson because he is a whole another story. Regarding the small schools, I don't care where they play but what potential they have at the next level and hope it translate to the pro's. Jerry Rice(Goat) Miss. Valley and our own Larry Allen arguably one of the best guards of all time Sonoma State, never heard of it in my life. I know those are two extreme example but true.

Oh, I have no doubt that you can find talent at small schools, but to have that many in the mock I just don't see how anyone could know that much about them. If you do....I hear ya!

marchetta

Reaction score
zrinkill;1393996 said:
First 2 look good ..... I know nothing about Jay Moore ...... Can Thor tell us anything?

Jay Moore DE Nebraska

STRENGTHS
Jay is a sleeper DE in this draft. He has excellent size, strength, speed and burst to play his position. He does a very good job defending against the run and looks to be a good teammate. Jay has an excellent burst off the line of scrimmage to rush the QB and if he chose to, he could blow by just about any O-lineman at the college level; however, to his credit, he played within the scheme of the defensive system and was more interested in playing his assignment than freelancing and making flashy looking plays. Jay has the potential to be an impact DE for the team that drafts him.

NEEDS TO IMPROVE
Jay has two issues he needs to address: 1) he needs more confidence in his talent and 2) he needs a coach to bring out leadership qualities that are hidden away in Jay because he is such a good teammate and doesn’t want to rock the boat, so to speak. Of course he needs to learn better techniques and yada, yada, yada, get bigger and stronger, but that is the normal stuff that we all know about already.

TALENT BOARD ROUND: 1

Jay has enormous potential, but because he was on a team with Adam Carriker, I feel he was willing to take a second chair, which caused him to be overlooked by most people who were looking at the other side of the D-line to watch Adam. When I do my consulting work and seminars, I always use this analogy when trying to teach someone my system: when you see an outstanding player on the defensive line or offensive line, make sure you look at the player who plays the same position on the opposite side of the line. In most cases, you’ll find a player who may be just as good or better than the player everyone else is raving about. Last year, I told you all to look at the player on the other side of the defense from Mario Williams because he was a very good player. Manny Lawson has done a pretty good job for the team that drafted him; when I wrote my profile of him and rated him as a 1st round talent, no one had noticed Manny. Now I’m telling you that Jay is as good a talent as Adam is and no one has noticed him either. When he gets to the Senior Bowl and starts to workout, everyone is going to see some talents that have been hidden away because the kid is an excellent teammate. Jay will be able to play either side of the line, but I think if a team is smart, they will put him on the strong side and leave him there because he is an excellent all around talent against the run and at rushing the passer.

- Drew Boylhart (thehuddlereport.com)

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
1st round #22 Tennessee WR Robert Meachem…6'2" 214

Combine measurements:

4.39 40
*1.49 10-yard dash
2.49 20-yard dash
37" vertical
*10'8" long jump
*4.19 short-shuttle
6.97 3-cone drill

*Pro-Day measurements

The Skinny Outside of Calvin Johnson, Meachem has the best size/speed ratio of projected 1st day receivers, huge YAC threat, explodes in and out of his cuts, turns up field quickly once he secures the football, averaged 18 yards a catch on 71 receptions as a Junior, Dallas is said to be really high on Meachem
==================================
2nd round #53 Akron OG Andy Alleman…6’4” 305

Combine measurements:

5.07 40-yard dash
1.71 10-yard dash
2.87 20-yard dash
27 reps of 225
30” vertical
*4.38 short-shuttle
*7.43 3-cone drill
8’10” long jump

*Pro-Day measurements

The Skinny Athletic OG who placed very highly among the guard prospects in most of the measurable exercises; his 40 yard dash time…tops, 10-yard dash…tied for tops, 20-yard dash…tops, vertical jump…tops, long jump…tops, and short-shuttle…tops, so as you can see, Alleman is pretty athletic, plus has the room to add more weight, Dallas is said to be interested in Alleman
3rd round #87 Texas DE Brian Robison…6’3” 259

Combine measurements:

4.67 40
1.49 10-yard dash
2.65 20-yard dash
6.89 3-cone drill
4.26 short-shuttle
27 reps of 225
40 ½” vertical
10’1” long jump

The Skinny Crazy, athletic DE, who plugging his bench, long jump and vertical numbers into Pat Kirwan’s strength and explosion formula, grades a 77.51, which is superb, is good at disrupting plays in the backfield and pursuing, needs to work on his pass-rush repertoire however, although his rip and swim moves are really good, Dallas gave a lot of attention to Robison at the Senior Bowl
4th round #118 Missouri Southern OT Allen Barbre…6’4” 300

Combine measurements:

4.84 40
1.65 10-yard dash
2.81 20-yard dash
28 reps of 225
4.63 short-shuttle
7.4 3-cone drill
32” vertical
8’9” long jump

The Skinny Athletic OT who is on the rise thanks to running a 4.84 40-yard dash, as well as scoring highly on the rest of his exercises at the Combine, dominant at the Div-2 level, according to NFLDraftScout, courtesy of masonmenos, Barbre excelled both as a run and pass-blocker, he also projects to OG in the pros, Dallas is said to be interested in Barbre

5th round #149 Kent State CB Usama Young…5'11" 196

Pro-Day measurements:

4.4 40
1.46 10-yard dash
43" vertical
10'11" long jump
6.65 3-cone drill
4.31 short-shuttle
11.98 long-shuttle

The Skinny Intriguing Day 2 CB with obvious physical gifts, had a productive career at Kent State, is receiving a lot of interest thanks to a great Pro-Day workout, including having a workout scheduled w/ Dallas, he could come off the board early on Day 2, even late Day 1
===================================
6h round #180 Nevada QB Jeff Rowe…6’5” 226

Combine measurements:

4.91 40
1.65 10-yard dash
2.84 20-yard dash
4.15 short-shuttle
6.72 3-cone drill
29 ½” vertical
9’6” long jump

The Skinny Solid, developmental type QB with great size and a good arm, has surprising agility, excels in the short to intermediate passing game, shows nice timing and touch on his passes, possesses nice footwork
6th round #185 Virginia Tech SS Aaron Rouse…6’4” 223

Combine measurements:

*4.53 40
1.53 10-yard dash
2.6 20-yard dash
*6.81 3-cone drill
*4.19 short-shuttle
35” vertical
*10’1” long jump
16 reps of 225

*Pro-Day measurements

The Skinny Huge, athletic SS who offers immediate, special teams production, is raw as he switched from OLB to SS in college, offers tremendous potential
7th round #193 Northwestern Oklahoma State NT LaRon Harris…6’2” 350

Pro-Day measurements:

1.74 10-yard dash
33 reps of 225
33.5” vertical

The Skinny Humongous NT w/ surprising athleticism, immediately after finishing his exercises, Harris did a back flip, was originally recruited by Tennessee, even appearing in 4 games for the Volunteers as a Red shirt sophomore
7th round #215 Baylor CB Anthony Arline…6’2” 199

Combine measurements:

4.43 40
1.46 10-yard dash
2.58 20-yard dash
*36” vertical
*10’5” long jump
4.46 20-yard shuttle
7.02 3-cone drill
12 reps of 225

*Pro-Day measurements

The Skinny Tall, athletic corner who was apart of an underrated BU tandem, proved to be smooth in his turns at the Hula Bowl and used his long arms to great effect
7th round #218 Hawaii RB Nate Ilaoa…5’9” 245

Combine measurements:

4.77 40
1.63 10-yard dash
2.75 20-yard dash
25 reps of 225
4.42 short-shuttle
7.10 3-cone drill
30” vertical
8’7” long jump

The Skinny Intriguing back that actually began his UH career as a WR, went over 1,000 yards as both a rusher and receiver for his career, including averaging 7.5 yards a carry his final 2 years and 10.8 yards a catch, better projects to FB in the pros where his rushing and receiving skills can make him a threat, needs to stay healthy