*** Official Fan Mock Draft Thread ***

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1394229 said:
I don't know why anyone would be upset w/ drafting a crazy athletic, shutdown corner

There is nothing wrong with drafting a shutdown corner with your first pick.

Not everyone is enamored with him though. He has been placed in the high bust box by some. And for good reasons.

He's small as well.

We need to stay conservative and pick players who have been productive in large programs. We don't need to show everyone how brilliant we are by picking work out warriors who are one year wonders and have been relatively unproductive otherwise.

I'm not saying he won't be great. He has potential. I'd like to stay more conservative with our first day picks.

We cannot afford to miss as much as in the past. The above formula is not a sure fire method. It's just more proven than other ways.

Sorry to be so late with the reply.

acruther

Reaction score
1st - Joe Staley, OT - Flo's future replacement is big, strong, and fast - that's right fast. The guy had one less bench press rep than Joe Thomas, and runs a 4.75 forty. Imagine, another lineman who can pull. With Staley onboard, our line suddenly gets a lot younger with Staley, Gurode, Kosier, and LD all signed to long-term deals and Columbo to get a long-term deal if he plays in 2007 as he did in 2006.

2nd - Jason Hill, WR - 4.3 speed, decent size, good route running ability, great atheleticism, and great hands. This guy is kind of being forgotten about lately, but he was a very productive player in college and projects well to the pros. Hill has the skills to perhaps - perhaps - develop into a #1 player in this league, but would be brought along slowly behind the big 3 WRs currently on the roster.

3rd - Paul Soliali, DT - big space eater to back up Fergie. Projects as a great 3-4 NT prospect.

4th - Zak DeOssie, OLB - 6'4", 250, 4.6 speed. Sounds like a 3-4 OLB to me! The guy also is a long snapper. LP has been a good long snapper, but he is a wasted roster spot at present.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
1. Oakland Raiders - LSU QB JaMarcus Russell
2. Detroit Lions - Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn
3. Cleveland Browns - Wisconsin OT Joe Thomas
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Georgia Tech WR Calvin Johnson
5. Arizona Cardinals - Clemson DE Gaines Adams
6. Washington Commanders - Louisville DT Omobi Okoye
7. Minnesota Vikings - Michigan CB Leon Hall
8. Atlanta Falcons (via Houston) - LSU DB Laron Landry
9. Miami Dolphins - Michigan DT Alan Branch
10. Houston Texans (via Atlanta) - Oklahoma RB Adrian Peterson
11. San Francisco 49ers - Nebraska DE Adam Carriker
12. Buffalo Bills - Penn State OT Levi Brown
13. St. Louis Rams - Pittsburgh CB Darrelle Revis
14. Carolina Panthers - Ole Miss LB Patrick Willis
15. Pittsburgh Steelers - Florida DE Jarvis Moss
16. Green Bay Packers - Cal RB Marshawn Lynch
17. Jacksonville Jaguars - Arkansas DE Jamaal Anderson
18. Cincinnati Bengals - Miami TE Greg Olsen
19. Tennessee Titans - LSU WR Dwayne Bowe
20. New York Giants - Florida S Reggie Nelson
21. Denver Broncos - Texas S Michael Griffin
22. Dallas Cowboys - Arkansas CB Chris Houston
23. Kansas City Chiefs - Tennessee WR Robert Meachem
24. New England Patriots (via Seattle) - Utah DB Eric Weddle
25. New York Jets - Ohio State WR Ted Ginn Jr
26. Philadelphia Eagles - Central Michigan OT Joe Staley
27. New Orleans Saints - Georgia DE Charles Johnson
28. New England Patriots - Michigan LB David Harris
29. Baltimore Ravens - USC C Ryan Kalil
30. San Diego Chargers - USC WR Steve Smith
31. Chicago Bears - USC WR Dwayne Jarrett
32. Indianapolis Colts - Florida State LB Lawrence Timmons

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
Close but no cigar, IMO Bob. Although I do agree Leon Hall will be off the board, I dont think we would pick Houston over Revis or Hughes.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
joshjwc9;1442579 said:
Close but no cigar, IMO Bob. Although I do agree Leon Hall will be off the board, I dont think we would pick Houston over Revis or Hughes.

Revis is off the board too at pick 13

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
I saw that after my first post. But well thought out position wise, obviously barring a Oakland or Cleveland trade down, which I think is imminant.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
And I think NE will be after a CB or a OLineman, although with the Thomas and Stallworth signing, IMO they will be one helluva contender next year IMO.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
joshjwc9;1442587 said:
And I think NE will be after a CB or a OLineman, although with the Thomas and Stallworth signing, IMO they will be one helluva contender next year IMO.

I picked for them Weddle because he's a typical New England player, not the greatest of measurables, although they are good, plus he's a heck of a football player and ball-hawk, plus he has the skills to cover slot receivers

and Harris I chose because he's a productive 3-4 ILB, where they are thin at

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
My Dallas Mock.....

1-22 Dallas trades down with the Chargers after watching players like Landry, Nelson, Merriweather, CJohnson, Bowe and Meachem all get drafted before their turn. Without thinking, they make the trade the Chargers offer because their man is Ted Ginn. We get the 30th, 62nd and 167th picks.

1-30. We select Tank Tyler DT NC State.
When in doubt, take a two gap tackle. Although he wont be leading the league in sacks, he will make Ware do that starting next year. Plus, goaline defense will be stepped up with him and Fergi, along with the ability to rotate and keep Fergi fresh for late in games this year.
2-53. We select Antonio Pittman RB Ohio State.
What?!!!! *** is going on here 90% of the Zone says....and while on the clock Dallas deals Julius for a 2nd rounder in the '08 Draft from the Packers, who didnt select a RB in the first as they wanted to. Pittman is a similar runner to Julius but we will see him succeed moreso with Barber wearing out Defenses then subbing him in.
2-62. We select Tanard Jackson CB Syracuse.
Obvious a helpful and value worthy pick here. Jackson is a younger version of Henry, IMO, but with some more speed. He could come in and be the nickel guy unless Glenn totally beats him out.
3-87. We select Jacoby Jones WR Lane.
A small school player, kind of like the no. 1 WR we currently have. Jones is raw, but easily has the skills to develop into a good no.2 or maybe more. Fast, nice frame and can catch the ball with his hands moreso than his body. Wont play much behind Crayton and this also means Hurd is gone as Austin will return kicks.
4-122. We select James Marten OT Boston College.
A athlete at OT, can play any line position. How can you go wrong with a Olineman from BC?
5-159. We select Jordan Palmer QB UTEP.
Can't go wrong with someone related to Carson Palmer right?
5-167. Nate Harris LB Louisville.
Typical 3-4 backer...good depth.
6-195. Louis Leonard DT Fresno State.
Another DT.
6-200. Chris Houston CB Arkansas
After being a projected 1st rounder, his inconsistancy raises many questions about his motivation and he drops, far.....
7-212. Leroy Harris C NC State.
A smart, overachieveing Olineman, hopefully he can develop into a valuable backup C.
7-234. Ryan Moore WR Miami.
Dropped because of his inconsistancy like Houston, but he has some valuable playmaking skills.
7-237. Marquise Cole CB/S Northwestern.
Another project with some help from Newman/Glenn who can maybe become a valuable backup.

Although some of these picks will be rounds off, and although I do think a Julius trade will happen, I firmly believe we are a true NT (Jamal Williams/Casey Hampton) and a above average Oline with some help from a attacking Defense we can maybe, just maybe take the next step and make it to the Super Bowl....flame on!

America's Team

Florida Cowboy
Reaction score
If every owner in the nfl did some kind of drugs on draft day this is what would happen. its only 1 through 10, ill finish the rest later, sorry about the spelling.

1. Oakland Raiders
Drew Stanton QB
Its simple, the raiders need a QB and since Al Davis's favorite color just happens to be green, Mr. green spartan here just happens to be the first pick in the NFL draft.

2. Detriot Lions
David Irons CB
The Lions thought it was Kenny Irons, but by the time they realized it they couldnt take it back because Roger Goodell said they would be considered indian givers.

3. Clevelend Browns
Kenny Irons RB
The Browns thought it would be funny to take Kenny right after the lions just messed up and got David on accident, the Lions didnt find it to funny, not because the Browns picked them up, but because they just ran out of drugs.

4. Tampa Bay Buccanears
Chris Leak QB
They thought Leak was a funny last name, so uhhhhh there you go.

5. Arizona Cardinals
They lost this pick because they didnt even pick a player, they werent even found in New York. (They were found 1 week later in canada looking for ricky williams, ohh yeah and they wanted to taste their maple syrup)

6. Washinton Commanders
Joe Staley OT
Joe gibbs picked him because they have the same first name.

7. Minnesota Vikings
Chris Leak QB
They just took thi pick away because as you know he was already picked.

8. Atlanta Falcons
Reggie Bush RB
They thought they were at last years draft.

9. Miami Dolphins
Mason Krosby K
They just got ride of Mare, and even though there still picking a kicker with the 9th overall pick in the NFL draft, this is somehow the safest pick in the draft.

10. Houston Texans
Chris Houston CB
Houston and Houston, it fits, not the pick but certainly the names

Wimbo

Reaction score
Family-Guy---Im-Not-Drunk-Poster-C10114396.jpeg

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I think the eternal question on everyone's mind is 'Why?'

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
I think this is just taken from Kipers site, he just forgot to post the link.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
What you've just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response did I come across anything even remotely resembling a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;1450072 said:
What you've just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response did I come across anything even remotely resembling a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
rookie3.jpg

Mcquistan rules!!