***Official Fire Stewart Thread***

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
You can't fix everything at once. Dumping the HC in the middle of the season is a non-starter to me.

Dumping Stewart and replacing him with someone decent would have a real chance at improving defensive performance, which would have a nice snowballing effect on everything else. The offensive needs more snaps, they need better field percentage, and fewer come from behind situations.

Our D still doesn't scare anybody despite all the talent. We need a defense that attacks. Forget about this bend-but-don't-break BS. From here out it should be break or be broken.

silver

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2354156 said:
I don't like him as coordinator, but this is Wades defense. Both need to go.

that is correct. wade runs the defense. Stewart is just a patsy. fire both of them and let Campo run it. wait, that didn't come out right. let jerry run it. i'm not so sure he could do a worse job than these 2 fools

Hussein

Reaction score
The defensive players don't respect Stewart, the offensive players probally dont either. He's overmatched and looks confused.

utrunner07

Reaction score
Can we get a pic of stewart just sitting on the bench during the game?

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
The flaws in the soft zone were apparent today...

but what do you do when guys like Mike Jenkins release the WR to NOBODY?

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
EPL0c0;2356817 said:
The flaws in the soft zone were apparent today...

but what do you do when guys like Mike Jenkins release the WR to NOBODY?

stop playing zone!!!!!!!!1

If this defense gives up another 20 + points Stewart needs to be fired :chop: :chainsaw:

JVita17

Benched
Reaction score
Fire the guy that had me banned for a week, oh and send this stewart guy with him. Demote Wade to DC and bring in Bill Cowher. I dont think Jason Garrett will be any type of answer for us as head coach just more of this junk we go through on a week to week basis! IM BACK BABY.....

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
JVita17;2357181 said:
Fire the guy that had me banned for a week, oh and send this stewart guy with him. Demote Wade to DC and bring in Bill Cowher. I dont think Jason Garrett will be any type of answer for us as head coach just more of this junk we go through on a week to week basis! IM BACK BABY.....

I agree 100%.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
I think Stewart and Read should both be fired. Now. This team needs a strong message sent to it.

Question: Can you hire a coach from another team in mid-season if it is a promotion? If so, fire Stewart and hire Capers. If Wade doesn't like it then tough.

Cowboys2008

Reaction score
JVita17;2357181 said:

I just posted about Cowher in another thread and was totally just thinking about the demotion of Wade to DC as I was coming to this thread! Lol.

Another thought I was having was Jimmy for the remainder of the year. I know he doesn't really want to do this long term but perhaps something could be worked out for the rest of the season. Another thing with Jimmy is he could be good for Jason making that transition to HC for us in a year or two. After all, it is basically Jimmy's offense Jason is attempting to bring to the table.

JVita17

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboys2008;2357318 said:
I just posted about Cowher in another thread and was totally just thinking about the demotion of Wade to DC as I was coming to this thread! Lol.

Another thought I was having was Jimmy for the remainder of the year. I know he doesn't really want to do this long term but perhaps something could be worked out for the rest of the season. Another thing with Jimmy is he could be good for Jason making that transition to HC for us in a year or two. After all, it is basically Jimmy's offense Jason is attempting to bring to the table.

I really do think a demotion to DC for Wade is the best thing and he so "Aww-Shucks" about everything Im sure he would do it without problem. Im not sure about Jimmy doing that, but sounds like a plan Id be on board for.

I think Wade and Norv Turner are the exact same type of coaches. They can coach like hell but cannot lead the team. They are most effective as coordiators and thats it. WE NEED A LEADER :banghead:

JVita17

Benched
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2353618 said:
We don't need a hundred fire Stewart threads so here is a thread for you to vent on him.

This guy is right, we need a thousand. Maybe it will reach Mr. Jones. :laugh1:

JRid21

Reaction score
cowboys#1;2353671 said:
now this is what i agree on. he is not intimidating, looks like one of the players. we need an old white guy with a pissed of attitude. :D

Didn't we have that up until last year?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Wade runs the defense. Nobody really knows what Stewart is capable of.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
nyc;2357843 said:
Wade runs the defense. Nobody really knows what Stewart is capable of.

Well he's not doing a very good job....GROS and GROW .....Stop this madness allready....................................for the love of G-D

SweetDC

Reaction score
Hey, why does Stewart get a sticky thread but Garrett and Wade don't? Granted, Stewart's departure is more critical but Wade and Garrett's heads deserve to be on the chopping block as well.

Edit: Check that. I see Wade's thread is stickied now.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I've been saying to get rid of Brian Stewart even when we were winning and everyone thought it was ridiculous nitpicking. I wanted him axed since last year but I really turned it on since Philly. I felt this was necessary to create an example for this team defensively and to get Wade fired up! The truth is, this guy never added any value to the team and the way things are structured with him and Wade defensively on this staff he wouldn't even need to be replaced because he is pretty much non existent to begin with. We're all going to be wishing for new defensive linemen and don't be surprised that you start hearing some serious 4-3 scheme talk from the fans. Don't care what Wade says, you need a big beefy nose tackle in a 3-4 to help thos ILB's. Ratliff is great and more than we could have asked for but he would be better utilized as a DE in this scheme especially beside a monsterous nose guard. Canty and Spears are serviceable at best on the ends in the 3-4. We'll be a 4-3 defense next year unless we snag Cowher. It was a good thing we didn't sign Canty up long term but I could see him and Ratliff being more successful as a DT tandem on a 4-3 right now as opposed to this 3-4 scheme. I also think it would benefit Zach and Braide James much more in the run game.

Our blitz won't be anywhere as successful but I don't think Ware would have a drop off pressure wise anyways and we know Greg Ellis can hold his own at DE. Spencer, when he gets healthy can play OLB on either side and can be our blitzing LB even though he'd be our biggest LB. I don't like changing schemes in the middle of the year but as you can see our defensive personnel is going to get physically pulborized like this. If Wade gets the axe, and it's a 75% chance he will after the Giants game, because they will expose us with the run more so than Tampa and it will be devistating, no one will be here to carry on Wades scheme. Campo would become defensive coordinator (4-3) and Jerry will get to see Garret first hand as a head coach on an interim basis. It won't be overly successful either but better. Don't be surprised if Big Red isn't our HC by next year either. Just my 2 cents of the very probable "what ifs?" of what's left of this season.