*Official* Mario To Houston A "done Deal"...*6-yrs, 54m 26.5 guaranteed*

DBoys

Reaction score
POSTED 6:22 p.m. EDT, April 28, 2006
MARIO TO HOUSTON A "DONE DEAL"
A league source tells us that the Houston Texans have informed Joel Segal, the agent for Reggie Bush, that the team has a "done deal" with defensive end Mario Williams.
More details to come.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
Thats posturing to try to force Reggie into a bad deal, they wont take Williams.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Sounds like someone probably got their wires crossed. Houston has been negotiating contracts with both Bush and Williams. They want to have a contract in place no matter who they pick. It appears that they've finished negotiations with Williams and have a final contract, but that does not at all mean they're selecting him.

DBoys

Reaction score
theogt said:
Sounds like someone probably got their wires crossed. Houston has been negotiating contracts with both Bush and Williams. They want to have a contract in place no matter who they pick. It appears that they've finished negotiations with Williams and have a final contract, but that does not at all mean they're selecting him.

Yeah I just think for the Texans it would be a bad idea to pick him considering their needs. I think Mario will have a better career but heck you never know.

I will prolly be wrong about a whole lot of stuff maybe even Carp over Manny heheheh

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
DBoys said:
Yeah I just think for the Texans it would be a bad idea to pick him considering their needs. I think Mario will have a better career but heck we won't know until tomorrow :p

I will prolly be wrong about a whole lot of stuff tomorrow maybe even Carp over Manny heheheh
Did you do mock in the competition?

DBoys

Reaction score
theogt said:
Did you do mock in the competition?

Nope didn't have the time. The only things I will go out on the limb about are....

1) I think Bush will not live up to the hype.
2) Mario is a safer #1 pick.
3) Vince will go top 5.
4) Leinhart will slip out of top 5.
5) Cowboys will take Carpenter at 18 or trade out.

Thats my gut and I could be wrong and you be right but it's no biggy. I didn't see Ware coming at all last year.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
DBoys said:
Nope didn't have the time. The only things I will go out on the limb about are....

1) I think Bush will not live up to the hype.
2) Mario is a safer #1 pick.
3) Vince will go top 5.
4) Leinhart will slip out of top 5.
5) Cowboys will take Carpenter at 18 or trade out.
Well I had my top 4 as:

1. Texans - Bush
2. Jets - Leinart
3. Titans - Young
4. NO - Mario
18. Lawson, of course.

DBoys

Reaction score
theogt said:
Well I had my top 4 as:

1. Texans - Bush
2. Jets - Leinart
3. Titans - Young
4. NO - Mario
18. Lawson, of course.

Tomorrow will be interesting for sure. Houston could really jack stuff up.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
DBoys said:
Tomorrow will be interesting for sure. Houston could really jack stuff up.
For some reason I just think that's been the surest #1 pick in a long time, but if they decide to screw things up man....every draft board in the country is thrown out the window.

DBoys

Reaction score
theogt said:
For some reason I just think that's been the surest #1 pick in a long time, but if they decide to screw things up man....every draft board in the country is thrown out the window.

Yeah for sure but my doubt in him stems more from being a Longhorn fan than anything else. I just remember all the hype he got all year long building up to the Rose Bowl. How they were going to destroy Texas and nobody can stop Bush.

Texas DL, LB, CB totally contained him and him trying to run up the middle was a joke. Then he would line up wide and Huff shut him down. He is not very big and going to a bad OL is not going to make things easy for him.

I hope the Texans draft him because I cant wait for Dallas to ring his bell ;)

Reggie meet Roy hehe

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt said:
Actually, Mort was just on Sportscenter and said there have not been any talks with Bush's people in 24 hours. I do agree that a agreement between Houston and Williams means nothing.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
If Houston picks Williams over Bush, the entire draft is thrown up in the air and every mock draft is ripped apart

Roughneck

Reaction score
DBoys said:
POSTED 6:22 p.m. EDT, April 28, 2006
MARIO TO HOUSTON A "DONE DEAL"
A league source tells us that the Houston Texans have informed Joel Segal, the agent for Reggie Bush, that the team has a "done deal" with defensive end Mario Williams.
More details to come.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
I'll believe it when I see it and, even with Williams up on stage holding a Texans hat, I would still be a little skeptical.

Bush - Fine
VY - Super
Trade Down - Outstanding
A DE who underachieved in College, often taking plays off - Get out the noose

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Will someone explain to me why it's imperative for Houston to sign Bush before the draft when they have all spring and summer to hammer out a deal?

DBoys

Reaction score
bbgun said:
Will someone explain to me why it's imperative for Houston to sign Bush before the draft when they have all spring and summer to hammer out a deal?

No kidding I would like to know this as well.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
bbgun said:
I actually heard Bob McNair (or maybe it was one of his underlings) talking about this on NFL Sirius. He basically said they just made it a priority to have a contract done before the draft. He didn't want any chance of a hold out.

Roughneck

Reaction score
bbgun said:
I think they just want to have a basic deal structure in place so they don't have to go through any hassles about him showing up to Training Camp on time, being ready to play when the season starts, etc. (i.e. San Diego)

They also might want to have the contract established if this whole Reggie Bush/Family/Expensive-*** House They Didn't Pay For situation gets a little pricey.