*Official* Mario To Houston A "done Deal"...*6-yrs, 54m 26.5 guaranteed*

CowboysFan07

Reaction score
bbgun said:
Poor Houston fans : no Bush or Young for you.

Poor Houston fans? Poor Mario after the pressure hes going to be under and the possible boos he'll face because he's not Reggie Bush. You know what, nevermind, not poor Mario, he's going to make more money than I ever will.:p:

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Good signing imo. That is how you build a team, inside out. Under Campers they attempted outside in but that didn't work out very well.

calico

Reaction score
:laugh2: Lol,

I was listening to some Houston sports radio for the entire Houston to Austin drive I just did and it was TOTAL Meltdown the whole time.

They said it was a 5 year deal, with a one year option worth $54 million overall with $22 million guaranteed.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
adbutcher said:
Good signing imo. That is how you build a team, inside out. Under Campers they attempted outside in but that didn't work out very well.
I agree. My first opinion was for them to trade down and pick up some OL. But this one is a great move for them, cuz their D is what cost them a ton of games last year. And their secondary is still suspect. Phillip Buchanon anyone?

Natedawg44

Reaction score
I got to give PFT some credit. They have had two big scoops in the past month. They knew about Reggie Bush's parents house a full month before the story broke and now they broke this story before anyone.

CanadaBoys

Reaction score
wow... what a major F-up.... what a joke the Texxans are to pass over reggie Bush... this is gonna haunt their franchise for years.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
CanadaBoys said:
wow... what a major F-up.... what a joke the Texxans are to pass over reggie Bush... this is gonna haunt their franchise for years.

Yea, the same way the Colts were haunted by taking that Manning guy over the certified stud Ryan Leaf.

Williams helps their franchise more this year and in the near future than a part-time RB would.

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
ESPN.com reports the Texans are focusing Friday contract talks on Mario Williams, not Reggie Bush.

There were conflicting reports Wednesday that a deal with Bush was close. But Len Pasquarelli reports the Texans haven't contacted Bush in over 24 hours, and have negotiated with Williams all Friday. A FoxSports.com report claims the Texans have told Williams he will be the first pick. Houston GM Charlie Casserly denies that.

Apr. 28 - 7:38 pm et
Source: ESPN.com

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
The owner of the house Reggie Bush's family lived in is planning to sue the family for $3.2 million. The NFLPA claims the family was the subject of unlawful threats.

We've heard whispers that this story is only getting started. Bush's family reportedly did not pay rent at the house they were living at. There are indications that Bush's stepfather was involved in setting up the agency that he eventually spurned. The possibility of him losing his Heisman is growing.

Apr. 28 - 9:56 am et
Source: San Diego Union-Tribune

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
Yea, the same way the Colts were haunted by taking that Manning guy over the certified stud Ryan Leaf.

Williams helps their franchise more this year and in the near future than a part-time RB would.
Wonder where Bush goes now....

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
I'm sitting in front of the TV watching the NFL Network, 7:40 pm CDT and I heard that the Texans have just signed Mario Williams.

Holy shmagoley!! :laugh1: :eek:

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I bet Houston still takes the full 15 minutes of the clock tommorrow......

Natedawg44

Reaction score
Would you give a player thats never played a down in the nfl at running back more money than LaDanian Tomlinson? I can see why they did it.

maxsports

Reaction score
This is a mistake!! The Texans are taking the place of the old Bengals. They have no idea what they are doing!! They have no offense and a quarterback that gets killed every week.
THERE IS ONLY 1 REAL TEAM IN TEXAS!!