Official playoff scenerio...

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
I didn't see this posted, sorry if it is a repost...
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace/scenarios

Dallas can clinch a playoff spot:
  • a win and a Philadelphia loss or tie and a Chicago loss or tie and an Atlanta loss OR
  • a win and a Philadelphia loss or tie and a Chicago loss or tie and a Tampa Bay loss OR
  • a win and a Chicago loss or tie and a Tampa Bay loss and an Atlanta loss OR
  • a win and a Philadelphia loss or tie and an Atlanta loss and Dallas clinches strength of victory tiebreaker over Chicago
I guess we know what we have to do... WIN!

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
Someone finally broke it down!! Thanks!!

:eagles: :bears: :falcons:

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
From what I'm seeing everywhere, it seems that we can make it as the #5 seed, but not as the #6... We hold tiebreakers over both ATL and TB so we would be #5 no matter what in the event of a tie or a 3way tie.

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
Actually, if ATL, TB, and Chi lose one game, and we beat BAL but lose to PHI we are the 6th seed assuming PHI wins out. They would be the 5th seed.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
TheCount;2499182 said:
So we need to win? Good to know.

Well actually its more than that. He's bringing up possible ways for us to clinch before the Eagles game. I've been wondering was it even possible that we could clinch this week. We'd need a lot of help. Looks like this could go down to week 17. Hopefully Falcons and Eagles can get L's this week.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I if Dallas wins we have a good chance at getting a spot this weekend. With Philly vs Wash, Chicago vs GB and Alt vs Minn

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
AmericasTeam31;2499147 said:
a win and a Philadelphia loss or tie and an Atlanta loss and Dallas clinches strength of victory tiebreaker over Chicago

Clinching the strength of victory tiebreaker over Chicago this weekend is a foregone conclusion (if we beat Baltimore). Out of nine specific games, we just need ONE of them to go our way to clinch it.

If by some miracle none of those games go our way, we would just need one out of 10 specific games to go our way in Week 17.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2499259 said:
Clinching the strength of victory tiebreaker over Chicago this weekend is a foregone conclusion (if we beat Baltimore). Out of nine specific games, we just need ONE of them to go our way to clinch it.

If by some miracle none of those games go our way, we would just need one out of 10 specific games to go our way in Week 17.

What game is it? :)

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
AmericasTeam31;2499147 said:
I didn't see this posted, sorry if it is a repost...
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace/scenarios

Dallas can clinch a playoff spot:
  • a win and a Philadelphia loss or tie and a Chicago loss or tie and an Atlanta loss OR
  • a win and a Philadelphia loss or tie and a Chicago loss or tie and a Tampa Bay loss OR
  • a win and a Chicago loss or tie and a Tampa Bay loss and an Atlanta loss OR
  • a win and a Philadelphia loss or tie and an Atlanta loss and Dallas clinches strength of victory tiebreaker over Chicago
I guess we know what we have to do... WIN!

I'm fairly confident we get 3 out of those 4 this weekend and a win over Bal.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
I could see Atlanta losing at Minnesota and Tampa losing to San Diego. San Diego is still alive and plays before Denver Sunday, and Tampa hasnt looked very good in either of the last two games.

I doubt Philly loses to Washington, also dont think Chicago loses at home to Green bay.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2499259 said:

Question for Adam regarding one scenario I see as a strong possibility.

Assuming Dallas, Philly and Atlanta win in week 16.

Atlanta can eliminate Philly with a win in week 17 playing a 1:00pm game.

What are the chances our week 17 game against Philly is moved to 4:15 or 8:15pm?

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
rocyaice;2499244 said:
Well actually its more than that. He's bringing up possible ways for us to clinch before the Eagles game. I've been wondering was it even possible that we could clinch this week. We'd need a lot of help. Looks like this could go down to week 17. Hopefully Falcons and Eagles can get L's this week.
I'm pretty confident in the Falcons losing to Minny. The Vikings are trying to clinch the division and will be tough to beat at home.

As for Philly losing, it depends on the Commanders. If they are going to roll over and don't care anymore than the Eagles will win if they Skins have some pride then it will be tough for Philly to get out with a win.

Coy

Reaction score
sonnyboy;2499281 said:

What are the chances our week 17 game against Philly is moved to 4:15 or 8:15pm?

The only way the eagles would be eliminated before our game on week 17 is if both the bucs and falcons win their last two games.

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
sonnyboy;2499281 said:

it already has been flexed in hasn't it