Official playoff scenerio...

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
So what you're saying is that I'm rooting for Dallas to win (Of course) and for the Eagles, Bears, Buccs and Falcons to all lose this weekend and we're in?

Sweet hot sauce!

Coy

Reaction score
sonnyboy;2499281 said:
What are the chances our week 17 game against Philly is moved to 4:15 or 8:15pm?

Not sure but if it does change to 4:15 it has to be announced today.
If it is changed to 8:15 it can be announced until Monday.

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Coy;2499371 said:
Not sure but if it does change to 4:15 it has to be announced today.
If it is changed to 8:15 it can be announced until Monday.

Here's to hoping it's moved.

Obviously the best scenario to hope for would be us clinching week 16.

This is the next best thing for me. I hate the eagles and their fans like no other. For them to get eliminated 10 mins before our game starts would be the sweetest.

I remember how miserable 2005 was for us getting the boot just before our game with the Rams started.

Fans are falt, teams flat. Then you have to your team get its *** kicked because its flat.

It's the worst way to end a season and I'm wishing it on them.:D

Coy

Reaction score
sonnyboy;2499552 said:
Here's to hoping it's moved.

Obviously the best scenario to hope for would be us clinching week 16.

This is the next best thing for me. I hate the eagles and their fans like no other. For them to get eliminated 10 mins before our game starts would be the sweetest.

I remember how miserable 2005 was for us getting the boot just before our game with the Rams started.

Fans are falt, teams flat. Then you have to your team get its *** kicked because its flat.

It's the worst way to end a season and I'm wishing it on them.:D

That could easily be the situation in week 17.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
AmericasTeam31;2499147 said:
I didn't see this posted, sorry if it is a repost...
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace/scenarios

Dallas can clinch a playoff spot:
  • a win and a Philadelphia loss or tie and a Chicago loss or tie and an Atlanta loss OR
  • a win and a Philadelphia loss or tie and a Chicago loss or tie and a Tampa Bay loss OR
  • a win and a Chicago loss or tie and a Tampa Bay loss and an Atlanta loss OR
  • a win and a Philadelphia loss or tie and an Atlanta loss and Dallas clinches strength of victory tiebreaker over Chicago
I guess we know what we have to do... WIN!

wow lets go Cowboys!!!!!!

:bears: :bucs: :eagles::falcons:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Basically let's just beat Baltimore first. I'm not the type to envision losses, and I know we have a championship caliber defense to get it done. Yes the Ravens have a great defense and it's going to be hard to get things done Saturday, but they will have the same problems.

silver

Reaction score
I'm counting on the Cowboys winning out and hitting the wild card game on a roll. Hopefully we travel to New York for a complete reversal of fortune from last year.

kycowboyfan

Reaction score
Ok somebody explain this to me I am confused. If Philly wins against Washinton how can they be eliminated before we play them? They are currently 8-5-1 we are 9-5. Assuming we both win this weekend we would be 10-5 they would be 9-5-1, and God forbid if they beat us they would be 10-5-1 and we would be 10-6.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Philly is playing lights out. Wash needs to play very well and get some turnovers. Unless McNabb has one of his bad games. I'm not confident Wash can beat them.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;2499746 said:
Philly is playing lights out. Wash needs to play very well and get some turnovers. Unless McNabb has one of his bad games. I'm not confident Wash can beat them.
Not really. They are winning but playing lights out? No. Now if they beat Wash and beat us then I will say they are playing lights out but not yet.

demirji22

Reaction score
kycowboyfan;2499735 said:
Ok somebody explain this to me I am confused. If Philly wins against Washinton how can they be eliminated before we play them? They are currently 8-5-1 we are 9-5. Assuming we both win this weekend we would be 10-5 they would be 9-5-1, and God forbid if they beat us they would be 10-5-1 and we would be 10-6.

If Atlanta and TB both win their last 2 games then they would both be 11-5 and I assume that they both hold the tiebreaker over the eagles.
So the eagles would be out even if they beat us putting them at 10-5-1, which is a 1/2 game behind Atl and TB.
If we beat the eagles and baltimore then we would also be 11-5 and hold tiebreakers over atlanta and TB, so one of them would be eliminated as well.

Hope that helps

Coy

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2499773 said:
If they beat Washington, they can't be eliminated before we play them. But even if they win, we can clinch a playoff spot this week.

If we win and Philly wins this weekend but Tampa Bay, Atlanta and Chicago all lose, we and Philly are in the playoffs, and next week's game would just be for seeding.[/QUOTE]

Not true in the eagles case, because we could beat Philly and atlanta and TB could win therefore eliminating the eagles.

kycowboyfan

Reaction score
demirji22;2499765 said:
If Atlanta and TB both win their last 2 games then they would both be 11-5 and I assume that they both hold the tiebreaker over the eagles.
So the eagles would be out even if they beat us putting them at 10-5-1, which is a 1/2 game behind Atl and TB.
If we beat the eagles and baltimore then we would also be 11-5 and hold tiebreakers over atlanta and TB, so one of them would be eliminated as well.

Hope that helps
Ah! I see the logic now, it would mean that them beating us would eliminate us and they would not gain enough ground on the others to pass them in the standings. Not a pleasant senerio but I guess that would better than them knowing that a victory would give them a spot. Thank for that input I hadn't wrapped my mind around that concept yet LOL

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
bootsy;2499336 said:
I'm pretty confident in the Falcons losing to Minny. The Vikings are trying to clinch the division and will be tough to beat at home.

As for Philly losing, it depends on the Commanders. If they are going to roll over and don't care anymore than the Eagles will win if they Skins have some pride then it will be tough for Philly to get out with a win.

Well I for one do think its possible both the Falcons and Eagles lose this week. It just matters if their competition is going to hold up their end of the bargain. I just don't know about the Vikings and their quarterback play whether its Jackson or Ferrotte. If Peterson has a monster game they win. With the Eagles you just don't know if the Deadskins will play to win or already feel they're out of the post season so what's the use. We need some help to clinch this week but I wouldn't rule out the possibility that they both lose. Is the Deadskins and Eagles game at the Deadskins?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
bootsy;2499760 said:
Not really. They are winning but playing lights out? No. Now if they beat Wash and beat us then I will say they are playing lights out but not yet.

Have you seen their games lately? McNabb is getting all day to throw and he is looking as good as I've ever seen him. No fluttered passes. All bullets. And very accurate. I hate he has chosen to play his best right now but he is. And Westbrook is healthy and he is one of the better players in the league. I hate that, too.

It will not be a fun game IMO. Hopefully their OL won't look as good against our pass rush. I just pray that we will keep the pressure up all game and not back off in the 4th qtr.