Draft Day ****Official Round 1 Draft Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I still would have traded up for James but can’t complain about the pick. They picked the best available D player on the board at their pick. No reason to complain

Can't trade up/down without a partner. Why is this so hard for some to comprehend?

glimmerman

Reaction score
C'mon, folks.

We need linebackers BADLY.

Let's hope he's our next great one.
Boom. He is smart like Lee and bigger. First round isn’t over yet. Trade back in for a WR. They are being pushed down.

mardwin

Reaction score
This guy has an injury concern. WHY draft another linebacker with injury concerns? How great will he be when his neck acts up and he's sitting in the tub with Sean Lee and Jaylon Smith? Rod jumped up with joy, so given his track record over being enthusiastic, I'm not expecting much from dude.

Trifecta! Lee is made of glass, Jaylon is recovering from major knee reconstruction, needed one more injured LB to complete the set. All with 1st round grade.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Well this just confirm who is running the Cowboys and it is not Jerry. Jerry I think would have traded to get Edmunds or James

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
Grow up? Calling him a reach is immature? Get over yourself.

I also did defend my position. There’s are better players still available at positions of need.

DJ Moore and Calvin Ridley are better overall players. Receiver is also a need.

Harold Landry is a better player overall. Pass rush is always a need.

Isaiah Wynn is a better overall player. OG is also a need.

If you don’t like my opinion that’s fine. But me calling him a reach isn’t immature. So again, get over yourself

Most, if not all, of those players have been consistently ranked behind LVE in mock drafts. If you think they will be better, fine. But "reach" implies objective rankings. Prove your case, not spout your opinion.

Mannix

Reaction score
STUPID, STUPID, STUPID....could have drafted Ridley, and then taken Josey Jewell in the 3rd. This organization is absolutely clueless!!!! Could have had the DB from FSU, but The Clapping Carrot just had to win that Philly game out of insecurity.

J817

Reaction score
I can't wait to watch all of the haters here when they have to eat their words. Assuming it's the same haters that whine when Lee got hurt which left Jaylon to fill his spot. Not a sexy pick now but it will be when he becomes one of the best LB in the NFL.

I’m not mad at this pick at all but.....

Remeber Bobby Carpenter :omg:

skinsscalper

Reaction score
lots of whiners here, if you just logged in to this site you might think it's an anti cowboy forum
Dude if you log on here at ANY time of ANY day you would think this is an Anti-Cowboys forum. Whiny ***** central. There are a lot of Zoner's wives out there that lament on a daily basis when they reflect what it used to be like to have a man around the house at one time. Bunch of Summer's Eve specials.

Seth5545

Reaction score
How is this a decent pick when Vander Esch has injury concerns with his neck? He could very well be sitting on the sidelines with Lee

He has a chance to be a really great player. I agree that they should have traded down. Atleast we didnt draft a WR.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good pick and like the kid's attitude reminds me of Jack Lambert !

Defense Defense and more Defense .....is the only road to Glory!

Status
Not open for further replies.