Draft Day ****Official Round 1 Draft Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
In the presser they said we had an offer to trade down but passed. Would love to know what that offer was

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
*laughs*

It's entertaining how people are so desperate to blame someone for every thing that doesn't go their way in life that they reach the levels of blaming fans who are happy about their favorite team winning a game. If only all fans would have rooted for the Cowboys to lose that game, then it would have happened because coaches and players have nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:

297bys.jpg

Carson

Reaction score
The meaningless Eagles game cost us Derwin James. I cant let that sink in....

Do we even know if Dallas covered James like we do?

We all keep yelling we didn’t move down. But LVE was their guy, how interested were we and we don’t know if we had willing trade partners.

A lot of moving variable parts here. It’s not like we passed on James for LVE

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
And if the Cowboys had lost that game and moved up to 15 or so, the team than got James may have made a trade to move up before that and get him.

People have to realize your team doesn't draft in a vacuum, there are 31 other teams involved. Just like "why didn't Dallas trade up to get James", who's to say some other team would work with the Cowboys to do that?

Besides, not getting James isn't the end of the world, there's plenty of other safeties still available...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
But LVE was their guy,

That's the crux of the matter, I agree that I think they wanted him from the get-go. The Cowboys only have 6 LBs on the roster, including the oft-injured Lee and others that have been on the team or in the league for years and haven't "blossomed", so linebacker is a need, and Vander Esch is certainly a good athlete...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Problem is does Vander have injury concerns? Or was that all bs

The Steelers stated they had no concerns about his neck, and they have no history of drafting "injured" players. The whole neck injury thing came from, guess what? "SOURCES", from who? Teams?

No, it came from one Mike Mayock. Not verified, denied by other teams and many other "sources".

Cowboys checked him out and found no issue, that's all you can do. Can't chunk every player off your draft board because of rumors and unverified "sources" (some of which may have been a team that wanted him at a later spot and floated the rumor to drop him down)...

Daillest88

Reaction score
The Steelers stated they had no concerns about his neck, and they have no history of drafting "injured" players. The whole neck injury thing came from, guess what? "SOURCES", from who? Teams?

No, it came from one Mike Mayock. Not verified, denied by other teams and many other "sources".

Cowboys checked him out and found no issue, that's all you can do. Can't chunk every player off your draft board because of rumors and unverified "sources" (some of which may have been a team that wanted him at a later spot and floated the rumor to drop him down)...

That’s what I’m hoping! If everything is good than I really like this pick. Neck Injurys are no joke

trickamsterdam

Reaction score
*laughs*

It's entertaining how people are so desperate to blame someone for every thing that doesn't go their way in life that they reach the levels of blaming fans who are happy about their favorite team winning a game. If only all fans would have rooted for the Cowboys to lose that game, then it would have happened because coaches and players have nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:
I think it's more that the "real fans" were saying that winning the meaningless game would not hurt the Cowboys, when in fact it did.

ksg811

Reaction score
That’s what I’m hoping! If everything is good than I really like this pick. Neck Injurys are no joke

That was the major concern for the 5 conservative teams that flagged him. They were just concerned about a neck impingement he sustained in September 2016, just because it’s his neck. It was originally misdiagnosed as a concussion. To be clear, no team flunked him medically. He was cleared by 27 teams including Dallas and 5 teams flagged him, meaning they just dropped him about 10 spots on their boards.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I was at a sports bar with buddies taking in the 1st round last night.

I bet this forum was going nuts with both Edmunds and James dropping towards us.
Almost glad I wasn't here....as I assume there was some serious whining going on
.:muttley:

Maybe I'll read some of the thread later for comic relief.

In any case, I plan to join the lunatic fringe tonight on the CBZ draft thread.
Here's to hoping we knock it out of the park
:dance:

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Then I apologize ....... unfortunately I have seen many people saying it and mean it.

Don't need to apologize. I should've been clearer about trying to demonstrate absurdity with equal absurdity. But it was draft night and the whiskey did flow.

I actually liked the pick, but hey, if the Cowboys Front Office made it it MUST be bad, right? (See, more jest).

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Do we even know if Dallas covered James like we do?

We all keep yelling we didn’t move down. But LVE was their guy, how interested were we and we don’t know if we had willing trade partners.

A lot of moving variable parts here. It’s not like we passed on James for LVE

After a night of refection, this dude better be the first one in, and the last one out of the facility.

He better be Lee.....or I'm flippin tables

Status
Not open for further replies.