Draft Day ****Official Round 2 Draft Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
We need receivers now we shouldn't be worrying today about who isn't locked up long term. We got a good lineman but we needed a wr more.

We came into the draft with guard on the list. Williams isn't based on Martin's contract status.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
Maybe the Dez and Written activity is all a ploy to influence our rivals in the draft.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Panic much? Williams is the right pick and FYI you are not replacing Witten with any tight end in this draft

So we aren't even going to try? Witten was a 3rd round pick. You have no clue what the potential is for any of these TE's. All I know is that we clearly need one and philly jumped up 3 spots to steal the best TE on the board..............

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yeah man.....they should've took what they could get. Now I'm pushing it back to one of our 4th's. But honestly...I wouldn't be opposed to trading that fourth to move up.
True. Maybe Washington or St. Brown at receiver then trade back up for Moore at safety

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I love Witten. I've seen them all since 63. He's one of my top 5 all time Cowboys. But let's be real, he was just average last year. He played 97% of the snaps so we didn't get to see anyone else. I think we will be OK at TE.

Gameover

Reaction score
Props to the Cowboys

The Cowboys of old would’ve taken a WR in the first round. The Cowboys of old would have moved up in panic mode to draft the best available TE in round 2, given the blow they received today.

They have grown as an organization in that respect.

Critics will criticize the Boys for not drafting a WR or a TE, not knowing or caring if they actually selected All Pro players or not.

Give the Cowboys credit for trying to add substance instead of reaching for steak

Carson

Reaction score
I love Witten. I've seen them all since 63. He's one of my top 5 all time Cowboys. But let's be real, he was just average last year. He played 97% of the snaps so we didn't get to see anyone else. I think we will be OK at TE.

Agreed Rock.

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
I will be honest i really like Ronnie Harrison would be nice if Earl Thomas is not gonna happen

superonyx

Reaction score
The goal should be to improve over last year not suck just as bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.