Draft Day ****Official Round 5 Draft Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like our draft so far! It's a good draft so far!

I don't like it it. Not that I won't learn to like it after it is all done and I take a look at it. But we did not need a DE and at this point we did not need a TE.
Other than LVE and Williams. These picks have been reaches for need. not saying they weren't values with the pick, but they were not needed at that point. Other players available that can help much sooner.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Here we go

Would've taken both 4th rounders later, but both good players.
Cant split hairs too much then

Go Cowboys
:flagwave:

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
CBS SPORTS GRADE D+

Dalton Schultz TE, Stanford
Height: 6-6 Weight: 242

Has blocking experience but not good in that area. Limited receiver too. Good size.
CBS is the first draft coverage anywhere this year

Carson

Reaction score
CBS SPORTS GRADE D+

Dalton Schultz TE, Stanford
Height: 6-6 Weight: 242

Has blocking experience but not good in that area. Limited receiver too. Good size.

Lmao I love these.

They clamor they should take a TE. Then you draft one and it’s “we don’t like it” it’s not like Kellen Winslow Sr. is there to pick

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We drafted Stanford TE Dalton Schultz. Know nothing about him but he has good size at 6'6 245 lbs. Going to assume he's a poor blocker since he's going this late.

Needs to get stronger with that frame though. Another 15 lbs of muscle is necessary.

I see what you did there.

USMarineVet

Reaction score
download.jpg

Daillest88

Reaction score
We drafted Stanford TE Dalton Schultz. Know nothing about him but he has good size at 6'6 245 lbs. Going to assume he's a poor blocker since he's going this late.

Needs to get stronger with that frame though. Another 15 lbs of muscle is necessary.

He’s actually a great blocker

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I don't like it it. Not that I won't learn to like it after it is all done and I take a look at it. But we did not need a DE and at this point we did not need a TE.
Other than LVE and Williams. These picks have been reaches for need. not saying they weren't values with the pick, but they were not needed at that point. Other players available that can help much sooner.

Unfortunately, Witten's likely retirement prompted the need for a TE. Luckily, Schultz is a very solid TE.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
Would rather have had Jaylen Samuels although he is more of hybrid. But he can catch and run.

Status
Not open for further replies.