Draft Day ****Official Round 7 Draft Thread****

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Let's keep it clean ladies and gents. Try to stick to the rules.
No reason to get yourselves in trouble while the draft is going on.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
So not 1t and no help at safety..
I'm a little confused...

The good thing is that there are some decent free agents at safety still out there. You can't tell me you spent several weeks trying to trade for Earl Thomas and then claim you are good with Frazier, Woods, and Heath.

A far as 1Tech, it's like the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus to them, they simply don't believe in them. They like to take the anchor-type (5Tech) players and put them in the shade to beat the interior offensive linemen with quickness. Tyrone Crawford, David Irving, Datone Jones, and probably Kony Ealy are all career defensive ends that Dallas utilizes inside. It can be effective against the pass but is a huge liability against the run. The team either doesn't consider run-stopping a huge problem or thinks they can coach up players to overcome physical constraints.

Last edited:

bud914

Reaction score
just tuned back in and saw that round 7 was a bust for us (see below)....how??? what did i miss?

"Today, 4 through 7 is abysmal. And that is trying to be positive about it."

DFWJC

Reaction score
The good thing is that there are some decent free agents at safety still out there. You can't tell me you spent several weeks trying to trade fro Earl Thomas and then claim you are good with Frazier, Woods, and Heath.

A far as 1Tech, it's like the Easter Bunny or Santa Claus to them, they simply don't believe in them. They like to take the anchor-type (5Tech) players and put them in the shade to beat the interior offensive linemen with quickness. Tyrone Crawford, David Irving, Datone Jones, and probably Kony Ealy are all career defensive ends that Dallas utilizes inside. It can be effective against the pass but is a huge liability against the run. The team either doesn't consider run-stopping a huge problem or thinks they can coach up players to overcome physical constraints.
I hear...definitely wanted a safety in this draft if possible and without reaching

Do you think a late rounder or free agent would come in and start year 1...or ever?
You never know, but odds are very slim.

Kind of like at various stages today
Kyzir White in 4th
Marcus Allen or DeShon Elliott in 5th

Just didn't happen

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
just tuned back in and saw that round 7 was a bust for us (see below)....how??? what did i miss?

"Today, 4 through 7 is abysmal. And that is trying to be positive about it."

It is obvious, you missed some abysmal picks including the future 7th round pick.

bud914

Reaction score
It is obvious, you missed some abysmal picks including the future 7th round pick.
aaahhhhh, you're psychic now?

220px-Carnac.jpg

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
UDFA signings up next.

They probably already have a list compiled and ready to hit the phones. Maybe already talked to some players, saying if they are not selected, here is our offer.

Expect at least 10 to 15to be signed between tonight and tomorrow.

cowboyec

Reaction score
curious to see what CB Marquez White does this year...if he makes the jump from p squad to 53.

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
They probably already have a list compiled and ready to hit the phones. Maybe already talked to some players, saying if they are not selected, here is our offer.

Expect at least 10 to 15to be signed between tonight and tomorrow.
Yea, I'm hoping someone keeps a thread going on them.