Draft Day ****Official Round 7 Draft Thread****

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Switzer wasn't the pick Dallas wanted to take, Philly moved up and took Pumphrey just before Dallas and Dallas took a guy they could have gotten in the sixth round

That's not what Jerry and Stephen said at the time. They said they were discussing Pumphrey or Switzer when the Eagles moved up and decided for them.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Switzer wasn't the pick Dallas wanted to take, Philly moved up and took Pumphrey just before Dallas and Dallas took a guy they could have gotten in the sixth round

Exactly. Switzer was a reach at that time, and there were a few players on defense they could have taken, or even an OL.

They could have taken Woods there, and not make the trade later on for him.Then had that pick this year for another WR.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
We really don't know what we had in Switzer as a receiver, which is why he had trade value. Could turn out great for Oakland or could never really make it as more than a punt returner. We've got players who can handle the returns now.

We eventually had to thin the receivers, but I really would have loved to get a safety or nose tackle in the process instead of another 3-tech.
I have watched Switzer and it was a terrible move. Raiders robbed the Cowboys, yall will see

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
For Cowboys fans, Switzer = Amendola. Likely to see him produce well for another team. Like Amendola, not sure many will have major regrets he is gone. For me personally, he was somewhat of a pet cat and wanted to see him and Beasley wreck havoc on opposing defenses.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Austin isn't a good receiver. Faster and better runner sure. Switzer was one of our best route runners and catchers, something Austin isn't

lol. Switzer caught 6 passes for 41 yards last year and ran the ball 4 times for 5 yards. Other than a couple of good returns on kicks he made ZERO impact. He had one job and that was to come in and take Cole Beasley's job and he failed.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
lol. Switzer caught 6 passes for 41 yards last year and ran the ball 4 times for 5 yards. Other than a couple of good returns on kicks he made ZERO impact. He had one job and that was to come in and take Cole Beasley's job and he failed.
That's not true, they didn't put him in the field to show what he can do. He is more talented then Beasley. I'm usually ok with their decisions but this is a dumb move

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What are the odds we trade a 2019 6th round for a 7th round here, to pick a player we can get as a UDFA. It is not like Dallas not to do something like that. :muttley:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I have watched Switzer and it was a terrible move. Raiders robbed the Cowboys, yall will see

It's possible. I'll be more focused on what Ward brings to our team than what Switzer does for Oakland. Realistically, he was no higher than fourth on the depth chart right now and might have been fifth, and he wasn't going to see the field on offense much as long as we have Beasley occupying the slot.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
It's possible. I'll be more focused on what Ward brings to our team than what Switzer does for Oakland. Realistically, he was no higher than fourth on the depth chart right now and might have been fifth, and he wasn't going to see the field on offense much as long as we have Beasley occupying the slot.
Switzer can play outside. Beasley can't

CPanther95

Reaction score
If you are going to gamble, gamble on a mountain-sized athlete who is young and is extremely aggressive.

I fell for the Moritz Bohringer hype hook, line and sinker. I wouldn't even risk a 7th on this year's International PR Stunt orchestrated by the NFL.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Go watch the Philly game where they actually threw him the ball. He can't produce if they don't put him on the field.

Not only that he scored, something Williams didn't do all year

You mean the meaningless game to end the season that basically had the feel of a preseason game where Philly had a bunch of starters benched? He still only had 4 catches for 32 yards.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
You mean the meaningless game to end the season that basically had the feel of a preseason game where Philly had a bunch of starters benched? He still only had 4 catches for 32 yards.
It was the only chance he got to play. Showed he could get open and actually catch the ball but sure let's keep a body catcher and 1 trick pony that regressed over a sky high potential Playmaker