Official San Antonio Spurs Thread

Captain

Clutch
Reaction score
Outside of the Cowboys I'm a huge Spurs fan. I've lived in Austin all my life so I've been near the Spurs atmosphere and also been to many games. So I don't bother many users with different Spurs topics and events I'm going to create a Spurs thread. If Big-D fans like the Spurs and not the Mavs, come on over and let's talk.. or if you want to battle out the talk Spurs vs. Mavs talk, let's go ;). So, let's talk some Spurs basketball!

Go Spurs!

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:shoot2::shoot2::shoot2::shoot1::shoot1::shoot3::shoot3::shoot3::chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw::chainsaw::spanking::spanking::spanking::spanking::yousuck::yousuck::yousuck::yousuck::yousuck::yousuck::yousuck::yousuck::yousuck::thumbdo::thumbdo::thumbdo::thumbdo::thumbdo::thumbdo::bastid::bastid::bastid::bastid::bastid::bang3::bang3::bang3::bang3:

MC KAos

Reaction score
a wee bit jelous are we?

back to the topic at hand, right now im very impressed by the way the spurs have played without timmy, but hopefully when he gets back next week against Golden State we can drop Manu's minutes a bit, hes playing a little too much for my taste this early in the year

Captain

Clutch
Reaction score
Nice post Kaos. Spurs fan yourself? I'd have to agree, I don't want Manu running out of steam in the long run. He will be a HUGE piece of the puzzle when the playoffs come around. Sure is nice to see we still have a strong enough team, including our bench, to win without our MVP caliber player.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
always nice to see more spurs fans on here.

we rock.

everyone knows it.

GSG!

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Are there Spurs fans on this board?

Ha!

But we're always glad to have more hoops fans in the Sports forum. :welcome: aboard.

Captain

Clutch
Reaction score
I honestly don't have a problem with the Mavs.. Honestly I will route for the other Texas teams unless they are playing the Spurs. I'm not a big fan of Howard and the punches in the back of the head or Cuban stepping onto the court but other than that the Mavs are fun team to watch. I miss Nash being here though

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
clutch;1818504 said:
I honestly don't have a problem with the Mavs.. Honestly I will route for the other Texas teams unless they are playing the Spurs. I'm not a big fan of Howard and the punches in the back of the head or Cuban stepping onto the court but other than that the Mavs are fun team to watch. I miss Nash being here though

Same here - as long as they're not playing the Mavs, I'm rooting for Houston and San Antonio and for us keeping the NBA championship in Texas.

I give Cuban a lot of credit for turning this team around (though more of it goes to Nellie and his son), so I cut him more slack than fans of other teams do. I can see why people don't like him. And there are plenty of times I wish he'd stop whining and let the players do the talking.

As for Steve Nash, I think at the time the Mavs made the right decision. I would have loved to keep Nash, but he was entering his 30s, had injury problems, and hadn't played a full season but a couple of times. That usually doesn't work out, but the Suns made a gamble and it's really paid off for them. But the talent they have on that team is much more athletic than what the Mavs have, so I don't think if he had stayed he'd be doing exactly the same things. He wouldn't be as much a liability on this team (defensively) as many say; Devin Harris is a much better perimeter defender than Nash, but Nash is twice the offensive player Harris is. Nash would improve our points in the paint, too.

Captain

Clutch
Reaction score
I'll be completely honest, I shouldn't be complain about Cuban when I love the Yankees. Who is a bigger owner who trys to play GM than Big Stein? No one.

MC KAos

Reaction score
haha, ya, us spurs fans here in cowboyszone are large in numbers and loud, sometimes it seems there are more of us than mavs fans. I like mavs man tho, he is a good basketball fan. as for other texas teams, i dont really ever want them to win

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
MC KAos;1818662 said:
haha, ya, us spurs fans here in cowboyszone are large in numbers and loud, sometimes it seems there are more of us than mavs fans. I like mavs man tho, he is a good basketball fan. as for other texas teams, i dont really ever want them to win

I think you're right about Spurs fans outnumbering Mavs fans on CZ. I think a large segment on this board live outside of Big D, so Cowboys fans don't always = Dallas sports fan. Or at least, not in this forum.

The NBA is the only sport I watch where I'll root for other Texas teams. I don't in the NFL (Texans - ugh). Certainly not in college football (A&M? Tech? Nope.). Not even the Astros in MLB.

Captain

Clutch
Reaction score
Only team I venture out of Texas is for the Yankees. Huge fan, but other than that I'm Cowboys & Spurs.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Mavs Man;1818917 said:
I think you're right about Spurs fans outnumbering Mavs fans on CZ. I think a large segment on this board live outside of Big D, so Cowboys fans don't always = Dallas sports fan. Or at least, not in this forum.

The NBA is the only sport I watch where I'll root for other Texas teams. I don't in the NFL (Texans - ugh). Certainly not in college football (A&M? Tech? Nope.). Not even the Astros in MLB.

well, there are a lot of mavs fans, most of them though, expect for you and a couple of others, disappear when the mavs are loosing *cough* HH *cough*. i never cheer for other schools besides UT unless its a small school like TCU. Academically i do though, im proud of things A&M and UT do together that are a lot more important than sports, and i think people tend to forget that UT and A&M work together on a lot of research.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
MC KAos;1819008 said:
well, there are a lot of mavs fans, most of them though, expect for you and a couple of others, disappear when the mavs are loosing *cough* HH *cough*. i never cheer for other schools besides UT unless its a small school like TCU. Academically i do though, im proud of things A&M and UT do together that are a lot more important than sports, and i think people tend to forget that UT and A&M work together on a lot of research.

Definitely; as a university, A&M is excellent. Still, I can't bring myself to cheer for their sports teams.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Mavs Man;1818917 said:

It is funny the teams that they root for in the part of Texas I grew up in (Killeen; Fort Hood area). Dallas was king of course and still is. The Spurs took over in Basketball in that area in the 80's when basketball was just starting to boom in that area. Baseball had no real allegiance it was an untapped market until Drayton McClain in lives in Temple started broadcasting the games. The Astros have taken root there and with the Round Rock Express it has gotten bigger.

Me personally I root for the Atlanta Braves which goes back to my 1st year in school and of course baseball being the sport back then I became a Braves fan having lived in Fort Stewart at the time. Which grew with me watching the braves on TBS all the time :D

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1830123 said:
Celtics 18-2
Spurs 17-4
Phoenix 16-6
Dallas 14-9

and its still december and the celtics still havent played any of those teams or any other teams well above .500 besides the magic, who they lost to, and the warriors before they got back jackson

David276

Benched
Reaction score
screw the spurs to absolute hell and back. the mavs will take them and everyone this year just give them time. the spurs are too old and will flame out in the play offs. they are doing everything they can now to keep parker and duncan rested and it just wont work .

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
David276;1830334 said:
the spurs are too old and will flame out in the play offs.

That's what I said last year.

Note: I'm still trying to remove my foot fully from my mouth...

They have a lot of players pushing or past 30, but until they start showing their age, I'm reserving judgment.