Official San Antonio Spurs Thread

MC KAos

Reaction score
David276;1830334 said:
screw the spurs to absolute hell and back. the mavs will take them and everyone this year just give them time. the spurs are too old and will flame out in the play offs. they are doing everything they can now to keep parker and duncan rested and it just wont work .

hahaha, i guess you forgot who won the championship last year. keep wishing, players dont age that much from one year to the other. Oh, the finals MVP is in his mid 20's, duncan is 31 and ginobili is 30, thats all that matters

ps RED ROCKET!!!!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
GO SPURS GO

I have been a lifelong fan.....we Alamo City folk love our Spurs....

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
tough sledding without tim and tony right now.

we'll be ready when it matters.

MC KAos

Reaction score
ya, i hope they sit out the rest of the year (calendar) and reduce manu's minutes, our season doesnt start till the rodeo road trip

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Rut row

Parker hitting the papers - cheating claim making the rounds

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1835145 said:
Rut row

Parker hitting the papers - cheating claim making the rounds

dude, this story broke THURSDAY!! both eva and tony have already denied it. the french model, although extremely hot, has always been an attention *****. She got sued by Ronaldihno a couple of years ago and lost for doing this same exact thing.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Phoenix 100, San Antonio 95

Preview - Box Score - Recap

By ELIZABETH WHITE, Associated Press Writer
December 17, 2007

AP - Dec 17, 10:29 pm EST
More Photos

SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- Grant Hill had 22 points and the Phoenix Suns handed the San Antonio Spurs their first home loss of the season, 100-95, on Monday night.

Leandro Barbosa added 18 points for the Suns, whose win might have helped them get the bad taste out of their mouth they brought with them after losing a controversial and testy Western Conference semifinals series last season.

Tim Duncan led the Spurs with a season-high 36 points and 17 rebounds in his second game back since sitting out for four with a sprained ankle, and Manu Ginobili added 18 points. But the Spurs were without Tony Parker, who sat out third straight game with a sprained left ankle.

The Suns were up 74-67 going into fourth quarter after a late third-quarter burst. But the Spurs opened the final period with a 10-2 run capped by Duncan's basket to put San Antonio up 77-76.

After that it was back and forth, and the game was tied at 90 with 1:55 to play. Ginobili's running jumper put San Antonio up by one, 95-94, but the Suns hit six free throws and the Spurs made mistakes that cost them the game. Bruce Bowen missed a corner 3-point attempt and the Suns' Boris Diaw stole the ball from Ginobili after an inbounds pass, leading to a pair of free throws that made it a two-possession game with 6.8 seconds to go.

The Spurs are now 13-1 at home.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Nors;1841915 said:
Phoenix 100, San Antonio 95

Preview - Box Score - Recap

By ELIZABETH WHITE, Associated Press Writer
December 17, 2007

AP - Dec 17, 10:29 pm EST
More Photos

SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- Grant Hill had 22 points and the Phoenix Suns handed the San Antonio Spurs their first home loss of the season, 100-95, on Monday night.

Leandro Barbosa added 18 points for the Suns, whose win might have helped them get the bad taste out of their mouth they brought with them after losing a controversial and testy Western Conference semifinals series last season.

Tim Duncan led the Spurs with a season-high 36 points and 17 rebounds in his second game back since sitting out for four with a sprained ankle, and Manu Ginobili added 18 points. But the Spurs were without Tony Parker, who sat out third straight game with a sprained left ankle.

The Suns were up 74-67 going into fourth quarter after a late third-quarter burst. But the Spurs opened the final period with a 10-2 run capped by Duncan's basket to put San Antonio up 77-76.

After that it was back and forth, and the game was tied at 90 with 1:55 to play. Ginobili's running jumper put San Antonio up by one, 95-94, but the Suns hit six free throws and the Spurs made mistakes that cost them the game. Bruce Bowen missed a corner 3-point attempt and the Suns' Boris Diaw stole the ball from Ginobili after an inbounds pass, leading to a pair of free throws that made it a two-possession game with 6.8 seconds to go.

The Spurs are now 13-1 at home.

Good to see Duncan's back strong.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
so now you are gonna not only update every Celtics game....but also every Spurs loss?

dude you are a piece of work

man bruce had a great look for that 3 in the closing moments...he makes that, and the Spurs most likely win. Also, Duncan should have slammed it at the end of the third, instead of playing volleyball with it 3 or 4 times.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
West will be there in Finals BEATEN UP - Unfortunately Celtics appear fast track to home court. Championship will run through the Garden....

MC KAos

Reaction score
Nors;1841985 said:
West will be there in Finals BEATEN UP - Unfortunately Celtics appear fast track to home court. Championship will run through the Garden....

best records the last couple of years

2007-dallas, lost in first round
2006-detroit, lost in conference finals
2005-phoenix, lost in conference finals
2004-indiana, lost in conference finals
2003-san antonio, NBA champions
2002-sacramento, lost in conference finals
2001-san antonio, lost in conference finals

yup, best record is DEFINITELY important if you want to win a championship!!

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1846505 said:
Rudy Rudy Rudy Rudy Rudy :D

Where did he come from? I should have picked him up in my fantasy league - too late. :banghead:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Mavs Man;1846516 said:
Where did he come from? I should have picked him up in my fantasy league - too late. :banghead:

2nd year pro from UConn......the Griz traded Shane Battier for him in lasy years draft. He's on my team. :D

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1846610 said:
2nd year pro from UConn......the Griz traded Shane Battier for him in lasy years draft. He's on my team. :D

Only thing is, he averages nearly 20 points but doesn't do much else (5 rebs pg). Hey, that's better than Eddy Curry.

I already get that with Kevin Durant.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Mavs Man;1846875 said:
Only thing is, he averages nearly 20 points but doesn't do much else (5 rebs pg). Hey, that's better than Eddy Curry.

I already get that with Kevin Durant.

I didn't get a chance to draft him :D

MC KAos

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1846610 said:

that was a pretty good move by the griz. If rudy hadnt hit that win there is no doubt in my mind we win in overtime, but he did and they held on for a good win.

as for the spurs, we need to get better play out of our backup PGs, hopefully washington can continue to develop

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
MC KAos;1847471 said:
that was a pretty good move by the griz. If rudy hadnt hit that win there is no doubt in my mind we win in overtime, but he did and they held on for a good win.

as for the spurs, we need to get better play out of our backup PGs, hopefully washington can continue to develop

Ahh yes Darius Washington. I still wish he had stayed at Memphis for another year. He was not ready.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
MC KAos;1847471 said:

How do you guys feel about the Beno Udrih trade now? He didn't do much with the Spurs, but he's been doing pretty good spotting for Mike Bibby while he heals.

SA_Gunslinger

Official CZ Ea-girls hater
Reaction score
congrats to avery johnson for getting his jersey retired tonight.

well deserved.

he may be in dallas, but his heart is in San Antonio.

One day he coaches the Spurs. You'll see.