CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just my opinion. The first six episodes are:
  • Welcome to the Hellmouth
  • The Harvest
  • Witch
  • Teacher's Pet
  • Never Kill a Boy on the First Date
  • The Pack
These first six episodes establish Buffy's significance, her mission, her inner circle of friends and their diverse personalities, and the importance of the town of Sunnydale. Teacher's Pet is the episode that completely hooked me.
Also, it establishes her mindset...her reluctance and her resentment at having so much responsibility and self sacrifice thrust upon her.
In my opinion, the show will not appeal to anyone who reaches The Pack episode and still does not like it. The first half dozen leads up to the seventh episode, Angel, which sets the foundation of the debut season's story arc.
Personally, I still don't like that episode. I don't know if it's the acting, or just the premise, but that's one of the few episodes I could do without.

Again. Just my opinion for which I could be completely wrong. Everyone likes what they like and dislike what they do not like.

I remember watching the pilot episode of Star Trek | The Next Generation, Encounter At Farpoint, and getting so disgusted at watching the primary and secondary hulls of the Enterprise separate that I turned it off. Was not used to seeing the Federation's flagship split into pieces. :p And while at warp of all things. :rolleyes:
I loved when they separated the saucer section. I'm guessing a lot of people didn't, since they rarely did it in future episodes.

About a year later, I was channel surfing and began watching the eleventh episode, Contagion, just for the heck of it and got hooked. Maybe that kind of thing will happen for you if your next try watching Buffy strikes out too. :)

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Just finished season 4 of Banshee, some of the gun and fight scenes were a bit over the top but overall thought it was entertaining.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I never cared for the movie, and I'm a huge Kristi Swanson fan. IIRC, the only reason I started watching the series is because I saw Charisma Carpenter in the ads for Angel, so I started watching that first. Once I got a few episodes in, I started watching Buffy, and the gags were hilarious, and often clever, but I think what I found funniest was the way they intentionally butchered the English language to create their own type of slang.
Sorry brother, when I read this my mind instantly flashbacked to hearing the Strip-club DJ voice say: "Put yours hands together/Welcome to the stage - Charisma."

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I'm all caught up on Mare of Easttown. It's been a really solid show thus far. Last night's episode had an interesting development. Unfolded rather quickly I thought, so, there has to be more to the storyline. Me thinks.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Watched the first episode of Project Blue Book on IMDB. I liked it a lot. It's 2 seasons and has apparently been cancelled.

Creeper

Reaction score
Did anyone catch the last episode of "The Nevers"? Is that it for the season? I saw something that said it was the season finale Part 1. It was good to see Claudia Black ("Farscape") back in action, but I think the Nevers went completely off the rails.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did anyone catch the last episode of "The Nevers"? Is that it for the season? I saw something that said it was the season finale Part 1. It was good to see Claudia Black ("Farscape") back in action, but I think the Nevers went completely off the rails.
HBO is known to split seasons into 2 parts.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HBO is known to split seasons into 2 parts.
The Nevers is made up of parts. The first two parts contain six episodes each, with the episode True being Part 1's finale. Not sure if any future parts following the first two will be composed of more than six episodes.

Laura Donnelly has made me a true fan of her. Plus she gives me a Carla Gugino vibe, which means I will be a true fan of the show also throughout its run, lol.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched "Army of the Dead", Nflix, last night and one thing I do not get, what's the shimmy about Snyder? I watched that 4 hour snoozefest of the Justice League and this thing was 2.5 hours long, about an hour too long. Just because Nflix takes the run time governor off, he has to do this?

Save yourself some time and just watch the credits, that's the best part of this, 4/10. Not scary in the slightest. Zombies should be scary. The Zombie tiger was the best part of it. I think that was the one that attacked either Siegfried or Roy, I get them confused. The tiger didn't.

In all fairness, the whole Zombie thing is dead for me. I liked World War Z because they brought a little something extra, fast as stripedassed gorilla zombies.

I think we need some Zombie mob movies. "The Departed and Returned". "The Godzombie". "Goodzombies".

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Very hit and miss. Seems like it was two completely different shows. It's definitely the weakest of these types of Superhero shows (The Boys, Umbrella Academy, Doom Patrol, Invincible,etc.)

But I'd still give it a go if you're into that. And of course they are all based on comics/graphic novels so there is a lot of lore, even with Jupiter's Legacy.
I'm halfway through the third episode, and while it's not as good as The Boys, I do think it's better than The Umbrella Academy, so far...On a side note, while he did look familiar the whole time, it took me until this episode to realize that was Josh Duhamel playing The Utopian. He looks pretty badass these days!

Creeper

Reaction score
Just finished Shadow and Bone. I thought it was pretty run of the mill, like a lot of stuff on Netflix these days. I thought the last episode was predictable and at times a bit corny. I don't know if they will renew this for a season 2 but it seems like they set it up that way. The problem is, as Family Guy has mocked many times, it will probably be 3 years until season 2 comes out. We could get 3 Star Trek products by then!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just started watching Marvel's M.O.D.O.K. Getting a few chuckles, but not sure if I'll keep watching.

Creeper

Reaction score
Watched "Army of the Dead", Nflix, last night and one thing I do not get, what's the shimmy about Snyder? I watched that 4 hour snoozefest of the Justice League and this thing was 2.5 hours long, about an hour too long. Just because Nflix takes the run time governor off, he has to do this?

Save yourself some time and just watch the credits, that's the best part of this, 4/10. Not scary in the slightest. Zombies should be scary. The Zombie tiger was the best part of it. I think that was the one that attacked either Siegfried or Roy, I get them confused. The tiger didn't.

In all fairness, the whole Zombie thing is dead for me. I liked World War Z because they brought a little something extra, fast as stripedassed gorilla zombies.

I think we need some Zombie mob movies. "The Departed and Returned". "The Godzombie". "Goodzombies".

I watched it last night. I don't think it was intended to be scary. It was kind of comic bookish. But while it didn't piss me off, it was not as good as I hoped.

I also caught Breach, with Bruce Willis. 5 out of 10. The guy who is the central character was too much of a dolt to make the movie good. And the ending was predictable.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watched it last night. I don't think it was intended to be scary. It was kind of comic bookish. But while it didn't piss me off, it was not as good as I hoped.

I also caught Breach, with Bruce Willis. 5 out of 10. The guy who is the central character was too much of a dolt to make the movie good. And the ending was predictable.
I started watching that and it has gone to my Continue Watching library, which has grown weekly as I am not finding a lot of good stuff to watch and find myself re-watching series as I am at least investing time in something I know I liked. That's why I have a BluRay/DVD library.

Man, watching guys like Schwarzenegger, Seagal and Willis is like watching Andrew Stevens and Eric Roberts when they pioneered DTV films, only they at least looked like they enjoyed doing that and understood their roles. Stevens, the son of Stella and one time ultra hot hottie, is the father of DTV, which spawned the original streamer films. That's the model they use.

DTV opened up another world for actors not considered bankable or A list and not wanting to get soap opera jobs and then the world of streaming opened up for them and I have been impressed with a lot of actors I have seen on the streamers. Name familiarity doesn't mean squat anymore.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Netflix released the fourth season of Castlevania over a week ago. The anime artwork is first-rate, plus the action, dialogue and pacing are solid. A myriad of characters have individually diverse personalities, so none of them blend into each other.

I think the series' producers were not sure if another series based on a video game would gain a viable streaming audience. They made four episodes only for the first season.

Obviously, the decades old video game had a respectable core audience because the show expanded to eight episodes for season two and 10 episodes for the past two seasons. All three main characters are superbly delivered. The show has latched onto very good voice actor work, including a few 'well-known' names like Malcolm McDowell and, Bill Nighy and Matt Frewer during its run. One of the main trio, Alucard, is voiced by James Callis, who played Gaius Baltar on the SyFy network series Battlestar Galactica.

I know. Some will roll their eyes and say, "It's just a cartoon." Well, it's not. Far from it.

Edit: Warning. The show is definitely NOT for children. I should have started off with that.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Netflix released the fourth season of Castlevania over a week ago. The anime artwork is first-rate, plus the action, dialogue and pacing are solid. A myriad of characters have individually diverse personalities, so none of them blend into each other.

I think the series' producers were not sure if another series based on a video game would gain a viable streaming audience. They made four episodes only for the first season.

Obviously, the decades old video game had a respectable core audience because the show expanded to eight episodes for season two and 10 episodes for the past two seasons. All three main characters are superbly delivered. The show has latched onto very good voice actor work, including a few 'well-known' names like Malcolm McDowell and, Bill Nighy and Matt Frewer during its run. One of the main trio, Alucard, is voiced by James Callis, who played Gaius Baltar on the SyFy network series Battlestar Galactica.

I know. Some will roll their eyes and say, "It's just a cartoon." Well, it's not. Far from it.

Edit: Warning. The show is definitely NOT for children. I should have started off with that.
Thanks! I've been looking for something new. Watching Longmire, but not sure if I'll stick with it.

EGTuna

Reaction score
Is the series "Animal Kingdom" any good? I've almost started it a few times, but passed for something else. For reference, I'm thoroughly enjoyed/enjoy the following, which seem in the same wheelhouse:
  • Sons of Anarchy
  • The Shield
  • Yellowstone
  • Suburra
Thanks in advance for any thoughts.