***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Finished Godless if you like westerns you will probably like this.

The casting choice and direction of the "good guy" in this film seemed odd to me. He looked a bit young and though he did well with the passive role of his life... He just did not seem right when he would play the part of a bad arse. Kind of hard to explain until you see it. Think of Clint Eastwood playing William Munny... When he played sober it worked as he came across as the good guy... But when he got drunm and switched... He really made it lookime the devil was in him and you believed he was bad just by looking at him.

Either way... The show was pretty good my guess was it was a extended movie mini series vs a regular series.

Jeff Daniel's did a good job of playing the bad guy who was kind of crazy. Some of his speeches/stories in the movie kind of reminded me of how waltz played the jew hunter in inglorious basterds. Not quiet as good but the tension would build and it held your attention.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Finished watching the last season of Longmire.
I liked it. Still wished it would go on a few more seasons but it is what it is.
I liked most of what they did with the characters in trying to close out the series although I just did not see Walt's daughter in the role they assigned for her future. Just did not seem to fit even though they tried to give examples and reasons.

Finished watching the Dexter Season with Jimmy Smits (have been rewatching the whole dexter season from time to time). I think the next season will be with Lithgow and he did a good job in it.

Started watching Punisher and like it so far.
Of course I liked the character when it was on the Daredevil season as well so this is just more of it.
Hunka, how good is Longmire in comparison to, say, Fargo (TV) or Deadwood? Is the writing on that level?

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

The casting choice and direction of the "good guy" in this film seemed odd to me. He looked a bit young and though he did well with the passive role of his life... He just did not seem right when he would play the part of a bad arse. Kind of hard to explain until you see it. Think of Clint Eastwood playing William Munny... When he played sober it worked as he came across as the good guy... But when he got drunm and switched... He really made it lookime the devil was in him and you believed he was bad just by looking at him.

Either way... The show was pretty good my guess was it was a extended movie mini series vs a regular series.

Jeff Daniel's did a good job of playing the bad guy who was kind of crazy. Some of his speeches/stories in the movie kind of reminded me of how waltz played the jew hunter in inglorious basterds. Not quiet as good but the tension would build and it held your attention.
This Godless is incredibly intriguing, Backwoods. Jeff Daniels is golden. Just looked it up. May be my next series after I finish 6 Feet Under

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

This "good guy" you speak of sounds an awful like Tim Olyphant's character in Deadwood. Altho, Tim's char was never doubted as anything other than moral caught in a corrupt city. But he was young, and his grizzly, do-gooder development felt forced, for me, for the first half season of season 1.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Punisher was a bit slower than I anticipated but I still enjoyed it. I just thought there would be more action and more punishing going on.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Hulu's The Runaways is great.

of course its a Josh Schwartz-Stephanie Savage show so of course its going to be great tbh.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Hunka, how good is Longmire in comparison to, say, Fargo (TV) or Deadwood? Is the writing on that level?
Longmire is more like Justified....... alpha male with a weekly story and a serial storyline
Katie Sackoff is dynamite and LDP is a force

Not clever or nuanced like Fargo and no one touches Deadwood(top 5 all time imo) but a worthy investment

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Longmire is more like Justified....... alpha male with a weekly story and a serial storyline
Katie Sackoff is dynamite and LDP is a force

Not clever or nuanced like Fargo and no one touches Deadwood(top 5 all time imo) but a worthy investment
Thanks, Night. I didn't like Justified. It was too forced and the script contrived, imo. Especially, when I think the second episode, there were trucks full of bazooka toting villains. I was out. I do know it was loved. I just couldn't get into it. Same with SoA.

I'll give it a couple episodes. Thanks for the feedback, brother

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Longmire is basically a modern day western.

I also like the interaction with native American people, the reservation and their own police.

It can be slow and it is not a Fargo or deadwood type of show.

yesfan

Reaction score
Amazon series Sneaky Pete is definitely up there. Breaking Bad’s Bryan Cranston and Giovanni Ribisi, he is bad guy in Ted. Excellent show.

slick325

Reaction score
Been watching "El Chapo" on Netflix. Series based on the Sinaloa Cartel's (of Mexico) drug lord Juan "El Chapo" Guzman. Didn't go thru the pages to see if anyone else had mentioned the show or not, but, it's pretty good so far. Similar to Narcos on Netflix. If you liked Narcos you'll like El Chapo.

There are captions much like Narcos so you have yo be fully engaged while watching in order to keep from missing important dialogue. Good show.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Longmire is da bomb. Just good old schoolish show like Walker Texas Ranger
Plus Katie Sackoff

Longmire-10-Katee-Sackhoff.jpg

Fi-T-Top10-Big-Bang-Theory-Guest-Stars_R2D9E6-1080p30_480.jpg

The Dark Bishop

Reaction score
Just got done watching Mind Hunter and The Punisher on Netflix, both are fantastic.

Not seen the Punisher yet but made it through Mind Hunters. While I love anything forensic, rather it be behavioral or biological, the show was rather slow. If the 1st season was nothing but a blueprint to set up future seasons then I understand completely, as It was needed. The problem with setting roots as a tv show is it must hold interest to get to the real meat and potatoes of the issue. I think the 1st season really explained behavior science in it's infancy, but struggled after that. If the season was twice as long and allowed their beliefs to be better proven, it would have taken a better ratings for continuation. I really like the series and hope it continues. Just think with the new age of viewers, it will be canceled before it gets to where it was headed. I hope I am wrong.