***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Jeselnik is my favorite. I've seen him twice now.
Have you seen the newest Tosh stand-up? You'd really love that as well. Its dark.
Yeah I love Tosh. Was a bit let down he "settled" for Tosh.O bc he's way too talented to be on a shock humor bit show, but hey he's making money. First one I saw was his broadcast in the OC. Seen the rest since and definite top 5 in today's stand up. Louis CK, Tosh, Jeselnik, Bill Burr, Jeff Ross, etc. are all part of that "dark humor" stand up I tend to sway to.

Last edited:

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Maybe they try to definitively expose who was responsible for his death....I just didn't like how the show went with the Americans and the girlfriends....etc
It did get a bit too convoluted when they stressed those elements towards the end as if it felt they were trying to pack in too much too quickly. There was a natural flow to the show that went into hyperdrive when it turned into his personal prison, etc. Him running for office was essential to understand where his ego had taken him and his anger at the government (can't be a kingpin and a political figure). Hope they notch it back and follow him getting through Columbia via the back channels only to find "X" was responsible for his eventual murder. It's TV, doesn't have to be non fiction; least I'm hoping.

Daillest88

Reaction score
- Trailer Park Boys - not originally created/funded by Netflix but bought them up when IFC didn't(?)
-Narcos
-House of Cards
-Netflix presents: Mike Epps stand up special
-Netflix presents: David Cross stand up special
-Netflix presents: Bill Burr stand up special
soft hearted
-Netflix presents: John Mulaney stand up special
-Netflix presents: Jim Gaffigan stand up special

Really enjoyed Making a Murderer: more so the second twist of course and Beasts of No Nation

Going to try out Stanger Things

Stranger things is awesome. Me and the family watched in last week, one episode a night. The 80s feel is on point. Looking forward to Narcos

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
Stranger things is awesome. Me and the family watched in last week, one episode a night. The 80s feel is on point. Looking forward to Narcos
I've got to bite the bullet and find time for this (Stranger Things). Word of mouth is near Breaking Bad/Wire at this point. The quality/production values of Narcos surprised me tbh; Netflix original but kept the Spanish, etc. Similar to Beasts of No Nation, Making a Murderer and "The Poker Kid" on Daniel Negreanu, but not sure if the third is a Netflix original though. Netflix also cleverly found a way to bring stand up back into the fold w/recent originals over the last few years instead of the Comedy Central fluff pieces.

- I Love that Netflix and other apps are making cable companies break/give a bit/at least sweat w/the recent effort to "regain customers; aka cord cutters". Outside of sports, they're schooling cable companies on what they used to be when they had competition, etc.

Last edited:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure how many anime fans have frequented the thread but Netflix has a good selection of English dubbed adult-oriented dramatic series. They're usually one or two seasons in length with 13 or so episodes per season. I recommend Fate/Zero. It compares in dramatic quality associated with mainstream fare but it and other seriously produced anime is not for those with impatient curiousity. I woukd recommend the series sequel, Fate/Stay Night, but it's target audience was obviously more for 16-24 year olds. The sequel was well produced also though.

Last edited:

nobody

Reaction score

Loved season one. I'm glad that they announced that it was renewed.

I've got to bite the bullet and find time for this (Stranger Things). Word of mouth is near Breaking Bad/Wire at this point. The quality/production values of Narcos surprised me tbh; Netflix original but kept the Spanish, etc. Similar to Beasts of No Nation, Making a Murderer and "The Poker Kid" on Daniel Negreanu, but not sure if the third is a Netflix original though. Netflix also cleverly found a way to bring stand up back into the fold w/recent originals over the last few years instead of the Comedy Central fluff pieces.

- I Love that Netflix and other apps are making cable companies break/give a bit/at least sweat w/the recent effort to "regain customers; aka cord cutters". Outside of sports, they're schooling cable companies on what they used to be when they had competition, etc.

Stranger Things is definitely worth the time if you like the genre. To me it hearkened back to the 80's Sci-Fi/Horror movies. There's the right mix of drama, mystery, and comedy.

chicago JK

Reaction score
just started watching Last Chance U. Gotten great reviews from what I have read.

About a junior college in Mississippi who takes on the kids who never got the grades for division 1 or had problems at their division 1 school. The star of the show to me is the female guidance counselor on the show.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When the show was originally on TV I missed the first season or two and did not want to start watching the season 3 not knowing the back story. So I am one of the few that did not watch it.

A friend kept telling me to watch the show. I watched the first two episodes and was so so on it. Friend said to continue watching. Now I have been binge watching it.

The show..>Sons of Anarchy.

I am on season three when they are in Ireland.

I like the show, each episode goes by pretty fast.

However I am already wondering how many times they can in one show go out to kill the Mayans (or insert other club name here) only to make peace with them the next episode and then a few episodes later get ready to be at war with them again only to make peace again and do on. That aspect is getting old already.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
just started watching Last Chance U. Gotten great reviews from what I have read.

About a junior college in Mississippi who takes on the kids who never got the grades for division 1 or had problems at their division 1 school. The star of the show to me is the female guidance counselor on the show.

Pretty good show. They have announced they are making another season of it.
I liked it because of former FSU and WVU QB Clint Trickett being on it as a QB coach.
The woman you talked about is a good person and you can tell she really cares about the kids but I feel bad for her because it seems like most of that love is one sided and they just take advantage of her.

And the ending of the first season seemed too scripted...it was like it was put into motion for them to get into a fight and get into trouble.

nobody

Reaction score
Dark Matter (season 1). This show hooked my wife and I and season two is airing on Syfy. It'll probably head to Netflix in the spring or so?

Later this month, Luke Cage will be on Netflix.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dark Matter (season 1). This show hooked my wife and I and season two is airing on Syfy. It'll probably head to Netflix in the spring or so?

Later this month, Luke Cage will be on Netflix.

I enjoyed the first season of Dark Matter as well. Kind of had a little Firefly vibe to it, although firefly was better.

I have been recording all the season two shows on DVD, along with Mr Robot season two and the Last Ship..just figured I would wait till later to watch them.

nobody

Reaction score
I enjoyed the first season of Dark Matter as well. Kind of had a little Firefly vibe to it, although firefly was better.

I have been recording all the season two shows on DVD, along with Mr Robot season two and the Last Ship..just figured I would wait till later to watch them.

Season two has definitely been worth the watch so far. It didn't got as I thought it would, either.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
Just started Narcos. I am a little worried i might grow bored with the subtitles, does feel authentic though. So far seems like a good show, plus the 4k is nice.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Starting last season of Sons of Anarchy.
Pretty sure they could have wrapped this show up in the 5th season but stretched it out a couple more.

After this I will probably watch the second season of Narcos.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just binge watched Stranger Things. Has that Lost Boys, Stand by Me, Alien, Goonies, Tales from the Crypt feel to it.....basically ideas from a lot of the nostalgic 80's movies :)

Not sure why some did not like Ryder, she already has the crazy gene and fit perfectly in the role, thought she did a good job.

One question, why did the police chief get in that car with the two suits at the end? Can't figure that one out :(

nobody

Reaction score
Just binge watched Stranger Things. Has that Lost Boys, Stand by Me, Alien, Goonies, Tales from the Crypt feel to it.....basically ideas from a lot of the nostalgic 80's movies :)

Not sure why some did not like Ryder, she already has the crazy gene and fit perfectly in the role, thought she did a good job.

One question, why did the police chief get in that car with the two suits at the end? Can't figure that one out :(

We aren't given the answer to that one. The assumption is that he worked out a deal where they would leave the family alone if he worked with them.

AzorAhai

Reaction score

Sci-fi has got some really good shows lately. Not too long ago it was just awful D grade, knockoff movies. Now theres a ton of things to choose from. Dark Matter, Killjoys, The Expanse, The Magicians, 12 Monkeys, Defiance before it was canceled and probably some others I'm forgetting. Hunters was another one, but it wasn't quite as good.