***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Since I haven't seen it yet, I can't really comment, but I have that technique used in many other series. I always thought of them as time fillers. It is how you take a two hour movie and make it into an 8 episode series. Many of those episodes that go back to fill in the back story, at least in my opinion, can be done in a few minutes. It is just another idea that has been overused and is now cliche.
No, that's not the case here. Everything is important, and intense. They could have just shown everything in chronological order, but at the end of each episode they show the present, to remind you of what's at stake, and ....I don't want to give anything away, so I'll leave it at that.

Let's just say I think this was a very effective way to up the intensity.
 
Star Trek Stange new worlds.
This current season was a mess. There were a few episodes I liked, some that were just meh and some that were *** episodes.

I like the idea of trying new things. Especially with Star Trek, if you have watched a number of the different shows, you will see they tend to have a few basic stories in each one....A haunted place, some reason where the majority of the crew are missing and only one member is awake and present. An episode where the crew is in a fairy tale setting or a vintage earth setting. You get the idea.

So i applaud trying new things for a series that has had many incarnations. However, some of the new things are just goofy. The everyone is singing episode, this seasons puppet episode or the soap opera one. Just goofy. In the past that would be a Q episode.

It is a shame this series has went off the rails. I think it has some good characters and cast. But there is only one more season and I hope they at least do a better job like in the first two seasons compared to these last two.

Discovery was much better IMO
I really liked Discovery until about Season 4. At that point, it just got too weird and disappointed. I can see why they quickly decided to end it. It had gone off the rails.
 
I really liked Discovery until about Season 4. At that point, it just got too weird and disappointed. I can see why they quickly decided to end it. It had gone off the rails.
It would have been much better without all the heartfelt speeches, with only minutes or less to save the ship.
 


Australian 6 episode mini series.

Not bad. This is one you can watch with the wife as it is like something you would see on lifetime but just better overall quality.

At the time posting this, there is only one more episode left.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,028
Messages
14,658,189
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top