***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I have to disagree. I thought it was an excellent show. The whole concept of what they're doing is dangerous, but they're trying to make it somewhat realistic, rather than making it a thriller. The backstories give insight into how they interact with each other and react to situations.
Fair enough. I usually like shows like that but it just didn't do it for me.

Creeper

Reaction score
Got through 2 episodes of Away on Netflix. I’m seriously considering not watching any further as it is too blah and cookie cutter. Predictably the Americans are the good guys keeping the peace with UK and India trying to help and the Russian and Chinese have hidden agendas etc

I got through 2 as well but I am going to keep going. I will probably regret it. But the storylines these days are so predictable. A lesbian Chinese astronaut? They spent the entirety of Episode 2 on this. Does anyone really care about this anymore? And why are astronauts in movies always so ridiculously consumed by pettiness? There is no chance we would risk a $1 trillion expedition to Mars by sending a crew that does not get along perfectly. These people train together for years but these Hollywood productions make it seem like they assemble the crew by drawing straws 5 minutes before blastoff. This is why I prefer shows like Farscape to shows that attempt to be realistic but fail miserably.

visionary

Reaction score
I got through 2 as well but I am going to keep going. I will probably regret it. But the storylines these days are so predictable. A lesbian Chinese astronaut? They spent the entirety of Episode 2 on this. Does anyone really care about this anymore? And why are astronauts in movies always so ridiculously consumed by pettiness? There is no chance we would risk a $1 trillion expedition to Mars by sending a crew that does not get along perfectly. These people train together for years but these Hollywood productions make it seem like they assemble the crew by drawing straws 5 minutes before blastoff. This is why I prefer shows like Farscape to shows that attempt to be realistic but fail miserably.
Agree

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This is a crew made up of people from different countries, whose priorities are different than each other's. The Chinese and Russian characters reflect the traits we Americans stereotypically expect.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't like reality shows because they're staged but I did start this BBQ Showdown on Nflix last night and lmao a couple of times. They've got a strange mix of contestants and I don't know where they found them but I love this old guy from GA called Grub. He refers to his food as Grubacue and himself as a Grillbilly, which had me laughing for quite some time.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Absolutely agreed. What a gem they found with him.

I just watched last Friday's new episode last night. Once again, some wild, intense stuff. There's was a really shocking moment that turned out to be a bait-and-switch deal, but when it first happened, my jaw about hit the floor.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I just watched last Friday's new episode last night. Once again, some wild, intense stuff. There's was a really shocking moment that turned out to be a bait-and-switch deal, but when it first happened, my jaw about hit the floor.
I admit, I was thinking, "This must be just in his head.", but I wasn't completely sure until the scene was over. Lol

But how graphic was that scene??? Holy crap!

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I admit, I was thinking, "This must be just in his head.", but I wasn't completely sure until the scene was over. Lol

But how graphic was that scene??? Holy crap!

Yeah, I was thinking that the entire series has just made a major, major turn. Not so much.

I'm starting to find flaws in the writing and I hope it's just temporary.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah, I was thinking that the entire series has just made a major, major turn. Not so much.

I'm starting to find flaws in the writing and I hope it's just temporary.
It's getting a little predictable, I'll say that. For instance, the hook up scene.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If I'd watched only these last 2 episodes of The Boys, I wouldn't waste my time and am wondering if anymore time spent with this is worth it. As good as the acting was, it's falling off a cliff and adding this actress as Storm Front has done nothing. Either be a good actress or pleasing to look at, she's neither. She's acting like Bruce Campbell is directing her in Evil Dead.

Ya see this is the problem with giving this to me an episode at a time, each one must stand on it's own if that's how their serving it to me, their losing me. I want it all and I want it now and I'll decide just how much I want to watch. The Netflix model, and what Amazon was doing, has spoiled me.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
If I'd watched only these last 2 episodes of The Boys, I wouldn't waste my time and am wondering if anymore time spent with this is worth it. As good as the acting was, it's falling off a cliff and adding this actress as Storm Front has done nothing. Either be a good actress or pleasing to look at, she's neither. She's acting like Bruce Campbell is directing her in Evil Dead.

Ya see this is the problem with giving this to me an episode at a time, each one must stand on it's own if that's how their serving it to me, their losing me. I want it all and I want it now and I'll decide just how much I want to watch. The Netflix model, and what Amazon was doing, has spoiled me.
Hmm, I'm a few episodes behind but I'm not liking what I'm hearing. @stasheroo @Runwildboys

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Will do man. I think I'm 3 episodes behind. I love the premise of The Boys.

I do as well. I'm a big comic book fan and I find it fascinating to see the idea of 'heroes' actually being the 'bad guys'. And Antony Starr's Homelander is my favorite character by far. I think the actor does an incredible job in the role.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I do as well. I'm a big comic book fan and I find it fascinating to see the idea of 'heroes' actually being the 'bad guys'. And Antony Starr's Homelander is my favorite character by far. I think the actor does an incredible job in the role.
He really has and I expect his career is about to take off. Evil / not so good Superman is awesome.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
i finished Breaking Bad last night. every episode of teh last season plus was rivetting. Usually when a series is wrapping up, it seems like you can tell all the story lines are being rushed through but the ending of the series was just epic. It could not have ended any better. and even in the evilness of the main character, there was some redemption at the end. This is now my favorite series of all time and I dont even think it is close. Great Acting, great story lines, great writing, and truly an epic series.