Official Terrell Owens Poll!!

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Mike Taylor of ESPN 103.3 stated he felt most Cowboy fans were on board with this move. He named 80%. I sent him the link to this poll and he responded with a simple thanks for the evidence of his accuracy.

Gordon

Reaction score
I wasn't really sure where to vote. Obviously he really helps the team talent-wise, but the signing has a serious potential to backfire.

I think he'll be on his best behavior for atleast the first year, so I voted yes, he'll help.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
notherbob said:
I voted "I don't care", because I don't.

I just want to see good football and I don't care who plays it or which team wins or loses. If I had a preference, it would be to see a cleanly officiated game.

Up until 25 years ago, I cared deeply, too deeply, and I was emotionally devasted by Referee Norm Schacter taking the ball away from Dallas and giving it to Baltimore so that Jim O'Brien could kick the field goal that won the game. It took me weeks to recover from the morbid depression that set off in me and I vowed never to allow anyone else to crush my emotions that way again. I will never cheer for or against any particular player or team nor care who wins any particular encounter. I enjoy reading the posts of those who care, whether they are celebrating or angry or depressed. As long as I get to watch good football, I am happy, no matter who plays it.

Too often, it is not the voters who determine the outcome of an election, but those who count the votes; conversely, it is also too often not the players who determine the outcome of a game, but the officials who determine the winner.

I am always happy either way. :)

Sometimes the only way to win, or at least, not to lose, is not to play.
Dude, you need a blood transfusion, a shot of adrenaline, or gulp a couple of power drinks or something.

Do you not care if the Cowboys win or lose when you watch ?

You will never experience the highs if you aren't willing to risk the lows.

You will never make the great catch of the ball in the gap if you always let it fall, ... so you don't risk dropping it.

You'll never hit the home-run if you fear striking out.

I feel bad for you, and I don't mean that in a bad way.

Sports are a blast, .. take a chance, risk it, ... who knows, you might win the big one !

Gfunk

Reaction score
it happened in San Fran, then it happened again in Philly, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't happen in Dallas

you heard his rap song, he got what he wanted from ya'll, $10 million in his pocket

he's about TO, not about team

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Gfunk said:
it happened in San Fran, then it happened again in Philly, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't happen in Dallas

you heard his rap song, he got what he wanted from ya'll, $10 million in his pocket

he's about TO, not about team

you just worry(as you are already) about whats going to happen to the skins 2x a year.... back to the way things were.... a new winning streak over the Commanders.....

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
YoMick said:
you just worry(as you are already) about whats going to happen to the skins 2x a year.... back to the way things were.... a new winning streak over the Commanders.....

Sounds like jealousy to me. I'm positive that the same guy would be pissing his paints and singing with glee if Snyder pulled another $30 million contract out and sign Owens to the Commanders.

:rolleyes:

notherbob

Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
Dude, you need a blood transfusion, a shot of adrenaline, or gulp a couple of power drinks or something.

Do you not care if the Cowboys win or lose when you watch ?

You will never experience the highs if you aren't willing to risk the lows.

You will never make the great catch of the ball in the gap if you always let it fall, ... so you don't risk dropping it.

You'll never hit the home-run if you fear striking out.

I feel bad for you, and I don't mean that in a bad way.

Sports are a blast, .. take a chance, risk it, ... who knows, you might win the big one !

WV -

I understand where you're coming from and I admire your enthusiasm as I felt the same way as a young athlete. Actually I do prefer the Cowboys win, but it is not as important to me as seeing good football and clean officiating. As soon as they announced the referees for that game I knew the Boys were going to lose because of a controversial call and that Norm Schacter would be the ref involved, just like it had been every time he reffed a game the Boys were in up until that time.

I grew up in OK and Neb where there was no local pro team to cheer for but I loved to watch the pros play because they were the best. and when I moved to Dallas as an adult, the Cowboys were formed I became a rabid Boys fan. After that game I came to the conclusion that as long as there was public interest and betting, powerful unscruplous men would try to influence the outcome of the games for personal gain and that the only way to insulate myself from the deep hurt was to temper my enthusiasm for individual players and teams and go back to loving the sport for its own sake. It has worked for me but it's not for everyone.

Most fans want a specific target to focus their affections on but for me, it is the game itself. I do cheer for great plays, regardless of who makes them and groan for bonehead plays and boo the refs when they make flagrantly bad calls. It's just part of my trying to accept things I can't change.

If TO makes great plays for the Boys I will feel mildly good about it just as I will feel mildly irritated when he goes crazy and trashes his team just like he has in the past, but it will not destroy me. I'm the one who is in charge of my feelings and I will not allow others to affect how I feel - that's my job.

marsbennett

Mars Man
Reaction score
I think Jerruh is doing a good job of not telling everyone with this obsessive problem to FO.