Officials had a horrible game too

ghst187

Reaction score
I really don't think the officiating was biased in any way, I really don't.
I just think it was flat out bad all around, which IMO, is becoming the norm rather than the anomaly. :mad: I think its time for the NFL to pony up the cash and pay these refs all-year round and force them to get better. They need to quit relying on instant replay and feeling like its a backstop. It seems like the refs hesitate to make calls now.

On us:
The PI call on Henry on 3rd and long was atrocious,
yet we get the no-call when RW hits Shockey a fraction before the ball does
The NYG OL held and held and held, esp held Demarcus Ware in an egregious fashion all game long but I don't remember the NYG getting any holding calls (I saw one of our DL get thrown to the ground and then it looked like the Giants OL player punched him in the throat)
I thought Plax and Shockey got away with a few push-offs
I think the hit on Romo was close to helmet-helmet, seems like they would've called it considering how bad its been called all year
I thought the false start against TO was crap, I don't know how a ref caught that at full speed.
The call that Romo threw a backwards pass to JJ was a dumb call. I'm sad that we had to challenge it to get it overturned.

On them:

the crackback block call was a really horrible call flatout
the PI that was called against whomever was covering Fasano in the endzone was a horrible call

I'm sure there were a few more but it just really seemed like there were a ton of crummy calls

As for the Personal Foul calls, I don't remember any of them not being pretty obvious and warranted. I remember thinking kudos to Keith Davis and one of our OL for NOT retaliating and making it offsetting penalties. For the first time, we looked like the more disciplined team on the field.

Carl23

Reaction score
Agreed. I actually think that they got the worst of the deal by a small margine...

Bryan8284

Reaction score
The personal fouls were pretty blatant.

Headbutt?
Late hit?
Helmet to helmet out of bounds?

Crackback was bogus.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
The problem with the officials is that they don't care who wins.

:)

Kidding aside, they were awful yesterday...Sad part is, it's gonna cost a team in a BIG way sooner or later...I just hope it's not us.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
if they had called a fraction of the holding and illegal use of the hands that was glaring all night they woulda not scored what they did. They didn't get screwed at all the holding penalties that never got called are a testiment that we got screwed more than they did.

MtlCowboy

Reaction score
seriously, i really didn't get that crackback block call. i figured that maybe they called out the wrong number and it occurred somewhere else on the field

JaiRiid

Reaction score
Romo was also complaining about a defensive holding call on a pass he threw towards the end... they never showed the replay but the pass was overthrown and so I'm slightly biased to think there was a penalty...

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Juke99;1207589 said:
The problem with the officials is that they don't care who wins.

:)

Kidding aside, they were awful yesterday...Sad part is, it's gonna cost a team in a BIG way sooner or later...I just hope it's not us.

Sooner or later?? You mean like the Seahawks in the Super Bowl?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
The crackback was awful - but Fox might have not picked it up on their replay. The Henry call was weak. Other stuff, well, in a bang bang game it only comes out in slo-mo.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
The crackback call appears to have been correct. A receiver cannot block in the back nor below the waist in that area of the field. It appears to have been a good call.

deadrody

Reaction score
MtlCowboy;1207592 said:
seriously, i really didn't get that crackback block call. i figured that maybe they called out the wrong number and it occurred somewhere else on the field
Me too, especially since Aikman was saying the flag was thrown at Plaxico's feet.

Dallyjake

Reaction score
The Fasano PI call was correct. The defender was holding him as he made the turn for the ball.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Why do you think the pass interference call was bogus on the Fasano play? The guy grabbed him twice. You can't do that. I thought it was a very obvious call.

The crack back block was an easy call as well. Aikman and Buck were confused and focused on the whether the block was in Ware’s back or front. That doesn’t matter. It is the below the waist part that matters.

4. Crackback: Eligible receivers who take or move to a position more than two yards outside the tackle may not block an opponent below the waist if they then move back inside to block.

I didn't think the refs missed much at all. Even the lateral call to Julius was close in live speed.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
I actually thought that Austin was blocked into the punt returner. I'll have to watch it again but they didn't seem to show a good angle of it.

DBoys

Reaction score
joseephuss;1207625 said:
The crack back block was an easy call as well. Aikman and Buck were confused and focused on the whether the block was in Ware’s back or front. That doesn’t matter. It is the below the waist part that matters.

4. Crackback: Eligible receivers who take or move to a position more than two yards outside the tackle may not block an opponent below the waist if they then move back inside to block.

I didn't think the refs missed much at all. Even the lateral call to Julius was close in live speed.

Thanks for clearing up the crackback call.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
joseephuss;1207625 said:
Why do you think the pass interference call was bogus on the Fasano play? The guy grabbed him twice. You can't do that. I thought it was a very obvious call.

4. Crackback: Eligible receivers who take or move to a position more than two yards outside the tackle may not block an opponent below the waist if they then move back inside to block.​

Exactly. The PI on Fasano and the crack back were both easy calls for the officials.

DBoys

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;1207629 said:
I actually thought that Austin was blocked into the punt returner. I'll have to watch it again but they didn't seem to show a good angle of it.

You can see the hands of the defender extend but his body is out of the picture. They had a shot of Austin on the sidelines and it looked like he said I didn't see him raise his hand.

ghst187

Reaction score
I thought the hands that Pierce put on Fasano were inconsequential and very weak. I would've been pissed if they had called PI on us for the same and I think everyone here would be pissed too if situation were reversed.
It was a weak call IMO.
I still think it would've been an incompletion. That's my opinion. I respect different ones.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;1207629 said:

Well, even if he was pushed into the punter, he still wrapped up his legs as if he was tackling him. That is enough to call the penalty alone.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
I thought the officials spotted the ball poorly on at least three plays. One in Dallas' favor and two in the Giant's favor.