Offseason Fun, Pt. 2: Seattle is on the phone

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score

lol.

They are offering you, Jerruh Jones, Richard Sherman Earl Thomas and an undisclosed draft pick in exchange for Zeke Elliott.

You can't alter the deal. Take it or leave it. What's your call, Jerruh?

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
The value of the draft pick is kinda important on this one. Of course with McFadden's offseason shenanigans, it may not be viable now anyway.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I edited my post too, in order to explain my thoughts a little bit.

After edit answer is still the same. No thanks.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score

lol.

They are offering you, Jerruh Jones, Richard Sherman Earl Thomas and an undisclosed draft pick in exchange for Zeke Elliott.

"They'll be no deal you see...... "

Lol

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
The value of the draft pick is kinda important on this one. Of course with McFadden's offseason shenanigans, it may not be viable now anyway.

It's a 2nd, or it's a 5th. You don't know until you pull the trigger. Whats your call?

CCBoy

Reaction score
No thanks...and in a Jerry view, he stands to lose millions in turn-style and promotional dollars...

Last edited:

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
It's a 2nd, or it's a 5th. You don't know until you pull the trigger. Whats your call?

You keep changing the deal, lol. Though Thomas and Sherman are pretty equal, they have both made three first team all pros already and unless something weird happens they both are going to the Hall of Fame.
I would do it. I'm not anti-Zeke (actually kinda excited now that he's here) but I never was a fan of the pick at 4 and to get that caliber of a player in a position of need and a pick would work.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
You keep changing the deal, lol. Though Thomas and Sherman are pretty equal, they have both made three first team all pros already and unless something weird happens they both are going to the Hall of Fame.
I would do it. I'm not anti-Zeke (actually kinda excited now that he's here) but I never was a fan of the pick at 4 and to get that caliber of a player in a position of need and a pick would work.

I'm just adding stuff for you to help you make a call, lol. Trying to make it where it's intriguing for most to spark some fun discussion during the worst part of the year for sports. Nothing on TV but baseball and the WNBA.

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
Nope. I'd trade him for 3 number ones, 3 number twos, 3 number threes and 10 players of our choice...but I know you just asked a simple question...do we have Hershel around to get traded again..?:laugh:

JBS

Reaction score
How could anyone say no? That I don't understand

DTown214

Reaction score
I mean... we're talking about arguably the best corner and best safety in football right now. That would be extremely difficult to decline but I love Zeke. I think this team is built to win better with a dominant offense, and that includes Zeke obviously. Ehhh... I'm keeping Zeke. If Sherman and ET were both 21 yrs old and we knew they would pan out to be the great players they are now, then I'd take the deal. But both players are approaching 30.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I'd take it. Id rather take my chances at finding another Elliot than I would the best safety in the league.

Kaiser

Reaction score
I would leave it. Zeke is 20 and will be great behind this line while Thomas is a great player - he is 27 and at an age where he may start to decline.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

lol.

Tempting, but pass.

If Im trading a top 4 pick on a rookie deal, it's gonna have to be for elite money 5

skinsscalper

Reaction score
How could anyone say no? That I don't understand

Because both Sherman and Thomas are cogs in a system. Take them out of that system and they are a lot more "mortal" especially with this defensive front 7. Elliott will have 10 times the impact on this team that either Thomas or Sherman would at a fraction of the cost.

At least that's how I could justify it.