Offseason Fun, Pt. 2: Seattle is on the phone

JBS

Reaction score
Because both Sherman and Thomas are cogs in a system. Take them out of that system and they are a lot more "mortal" especially with this defensive front 7. Elliott will have 10 times the impact on this team that either Thomas or Sherman would at a fraction of the cost.

At least that's how I could justify it.

I don't think that's fair at all to Earl Thomas..he's the best in the game...

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Because both Sherman and Thomas are cogs in a system. Take them out of that system and they are a lot more "mortal" especially with this defensive front 7. Elliott will have 10 times the impact on this team that either Thomas or Sherman would at a fraction of the cost.

At least that's how I could justify it.

pretty much my line of thought. Almost never does a star play as well at the second stop.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Without question, leave it. Only way that deal would be feasible is if there was no cap. We'd basically be trading our oline for them because we'd never be able to afford the oline and them. I'd rather finish this ride, with Zeke, and see where it goes.....

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I would leave it. With Jones already on our roster I don't see the point. We cannot afford to lose skill position talent on offense.

Craig

Reaction score
A safety won't bring us a Super Bowl, but we absolutely could run our way to a Super Bowl with Elliott.

I wouldnt make the trade, but I couldnt disagree more with this portion of the post.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Hard pass. Elliott is 20 years old at a key position for our team identity, and looks to be elite from early going.

A safety won't bring us a Super Bowl, but we absolutely could run our way to a Super Bowl with Elliott.

A safety doesn't really help us much if we don't have a pass rush. No defensive back can cover forever.

Jenky

Reaction score
Hard pass. Elliott is 20 years old at a key position for our team identity, and looks to be elite from early going.

Would you do it if they offered you both guys and the draft pick? Cause that's a lot of money tied up in the secondary.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Would you do it if they offered you both guys and the draft pick? Cause that's a lot of money tied up in the secondary.

No. I like our secondary enough to make a run. I'll lean on the side of youth and continue to draft well.