Offseason weight training has been good to CeeDee

chagus

Reaction score
Yeah the taller frame makes it easier for guys to look great by just bulking up a couple of key areas. I used to be jealous of you guys but now I'm 60.. and am happy just to spend another day a half a step ahead of Father Time. I know he will eventually catch me.. but until that day I am going to train like a fiend. I've always had the ongoing internal debate with myself about getting huge or getting cut. If I drop all my body fat and get cut to me I look small.. even tiny.. Because 5'7" 160-170 pounds IS tiny. At least to my eye. But that guy could run all day. The bigger 200 pound me can't run like that but fills out a suit better. :) Of course I wear a suit like once every three years (weddings and funerals) but I look great in them! LOL! I hear you about what joints and ligaments can and can't bear though. Back when I was young and stupid I would always try to finish up my workout with a max bench. I got up to 400 pounds once.. and almost tore my shoulder out of its socket doing so. I don't think I've even attempted anything above 225 in like 20 years.. What's the point? Once you accept that working out can be done just to stay healthy and fit you don't have to play mind games with yourself pretending you're going to become a body builder or Olympic power lifter or something equally ridiculous. I think I've enjoyed my gym visits far more since I made that transition. I don't need an artificial "goal." Staying healthy is goal enough.

Great story, man! Very inspiring!

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I applaud your self awareness. Most people just go through life doing the same stupid stuff and wondering why they don't get the same results as the guy on the magazine cover. Thanks for mentioning protein though. Since my wife banned me from the gym (Covid) my workouts have all been dumbbells out of my trunk before a 45 minute track workout. Because I have not been doing extensive weight work I have not been doing my post workout protein shake. But the great thing about sprint workouts is they do a fine job of keeping the muscles toned. Not going to get any mass out of the deal but I got enough mass anyway. But I do think I should probably get back into the habit of feeding the muscles protein after the workout. I think it would cool to get to spend a week or two with NFL trainers. Not that I could even finish one of their workouts but it would be great to go through the process of how they determine what workout and what nutrition works for each guy and then be able to apply some of that to my own efforts.

I have found creatine helps with the workouts, not that much, just a couple of capsules before and after a weight training session.

Not that I have or can get a lot of mass, just isn't in me, but I do get just a bit more pep in my workouts...

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yup. That's the game of football. Its one of the reasons we watch the game.

It also bears stating that at least in the videos I've seen there was a DB right there with Lamb. In those situations, putting the ball up where only your guy can get to it is the correct play. A chest high throw there is easily broken up by the DB.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Great story, man! Very inspiring!

Thanks man.. I just try to pass on the same wisdom that someone passed to me when I was a youngster. . . It was a paraphrase of the old Satchel Paige quote which is "Aint no need o lookin back to see if Father Time is comin after ya He comin'. And the more you sit around waitin' the sooner he will catch ya. So keep movin!"

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You're asking a lot. The talent isn't there. He's an area thrower once you get open. No anticipation, no touch, no accuracy.

Dak, is more than an area thrower, but he can be erratic at times. If he was just an area thrower, he nor the catchers of the ball, would have any success.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
His YAC at OU was due to some really poor tackling and that is pretty standard in the BIG 12, the passing conference. They spend more time on covering than tackling. I've never seen the stat but I would be surprised if the Big 12 didn't lead the FBS in YAC.

This is spot on....I'm a big 12 fan but the defenses are built for speed and the tackling is lacking.....then insert the OU offense was built to open up underneath passes for him to run wild with. He will be fine with a capable QB back. The extra muscle will help get him free in the NFL hopefully.