Offseason weight training has been good to CeeDee

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Interesting numbers.. I don't watch much of the combine (because I think it's silly but I understand why they do it) .. but guys are notorious for training to the test so to speak where the combine is concerned so it is certainly conceivable that he bulked up for those measurements but that bulk was not his natural weight at that time. Once he got to training camp and he started working that artificial weight probably fell off him because no one can deny he looked a lot skinnier than 198 as the year wore on. Again the hope is that as he matures he becomes more of a natural 200-205 pounder who can shake free from more tackle attempts made by grown men than he was able to last year.
Lamb still had the same slender build at that 198.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Why no matchup against KJ #FatManIsland?

@Reality Fat Mike is scared that his obsession on length is going to get exposed.
KJ = Bossman Fat, MM = Fatman Boss. Never confuse one for the other. You're scared that your obsession with bare feet is going to get exposed.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
KJ = Bossman Fat, MM = Fatman Boss. Never confuse one for the other. You're scared that your obsession with bare feet is going to get exposed.

KJ = Bossman Fat, Jerry = Fatman MM Boss and don’t you ever forget it.

KJ was a Jerry pick.

kumizi

Reaction score
Heard on 105.3 today from Broaddus and Cavanaugh that Ceedee doesnt look like he put on any weight. They said Gallup looks like he put on 10lbs of muscle.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Lamb still had the same slender build at that 198.

Again I cannot speak on that as I didn't see him then. I did see him consistently ragdolled when guys got hands on him as the season progressed. And I did see that he looked skinny then and he looks thicker now. Again just going on what I've seen. He's still not a Dez level specimen by any stretch but he looks like he put on some muscle. And it looks good on him. Once they put the pads on we will be able to see for ourselves how much it helps his game.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Yea, anybody with any muscle and low body fat is going to look bigger than they really are, apparently Stallone only weighed 165lbs or so for Rocky 3 but he clearly passed for a smaller heavyweight on film

Yes, and Stallone is only 5-9, so 165 pounds of basically all muscle on a guy that height is impressive looking...

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Yes, and Stallone is only 5-9, so 165 pounds of basically all muscle on a guy that height is impressive looking...

This reminds me of a phase I went through a few years back.. when I would look across the gym and see the "roided up" guys working out and wonder if I should be gittin me some roids too so I could get huge like them. Then invariably when I would move over to a station closer to them I would realize that I was bigger than them. Not literally bigger, I mean I am only 5'7" 205-ish, but I had much larger biceps and triceps and my quads, hammies and calves put theirs to shame. Across the room these guys looked like monsters to me.. Up close, they were little guys trying to get big. They had that unnatural level of definition that you only get with ..er.. supplements. But they were smaller in the areas that count than yours truly. Eventually I adapted my "eyesight" to stop seeing these guys are something to envy or emulate. But occasionally I catch myself noticing a huge guy at the gym (back when I was allowed to go to the gym that is) and chuckling because I remember the above episodes from before.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
This reminds me of a phase I went through a few years back.. when I would look across the gym and see the "roided up" guys working out and wonder if I should be gittin me some roids too so I could get huge like them. Then invariably when I would move over to a station closer to them I would realize that I was bigger than them. Not literally bigger, I mean I am only 5'7" 205-ish, but I had much larger biceps and triceps and my quads, hammies and calves put theirs to shame. Across the room these guys looked like monsters to me.. Up close, they were little guys trying to get big. They had that unnatural level of definition that you only get with ..er.. supplements. But they were smaller in the areas that count than yours truly. Eventually I adapted my "eyesight" to stop seeing these guys are something to envy or emulate. But occasionally I catch myself noticing a huge guy at the gym (back when I was allowed to go to the gym that is) and chuckling because I remember the above episodes from before.

There are different body types, and what you do to look your best can vary. I'm naturally thin, could never get to look like Arnold, even with going on the juice, my joints and ligaments wouldn't bear the weights necessary to really grow the muscle. An adult cannot add more muscle fibers, only grow the ones you have. You have to have the genetics to get really huge. I don't have that. Never will.

But with a slender frame, if I bulk up my chest and shoulders and keep the narrow waist, I look pretty good...

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
This thread reminds me so much of the classic "Lucky Whitehead is Stacked" thread. Good times.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
There are different body types, and what you do to look your best can vary. I'm naturally thin, could never get to look like Arnold, even with going on the juice, my joints and ligaments wouldn't bear the weights necessary to really grow the muscle. An adult cannot add more muscle fibers, only grow the ones you have. You have to have the genetics to get really huge. I don't have that. Never will.

But with a slender frame, if I bulk up my chest and shoulders and keep the narrow waist, I look pretty good...

Yeah the taller frame makes it easier for guys to look great by just bulking up a couple of key areas. I used to be jealous of you guys but now I'm 60.. and am happy just to spend another day a half a step ahead of Father Time. I know he will eventually catch me.. but until that day I am going to train like a fiend. I've always had the ongoing internal debate with myself about getting huge or getting cut. If I drop all my body fat and get cut to me I look small.. even tiny.. Because 5'7" 160-170 pounds IS tiny. At least to my eye. But that guy could run all day. The bigger 200 pound me can't run like that but fills out a suit better. :) Of course I wear a suit like once every three years (weddings and funerals) but I look great in them! LOL! I hear you about what joints and ligaments can and can't bear though. Back when I was young and stupid I would always try to finish up my workout with a max bench. I got up to 400 pounds once.. and almost tore my shoulder out of its socket doing so. I don't think I've even attempted anything above 225 in like 20 years.. What's the point? Once you accept that working out can be done just to stay healthy and fit you don't have to play mind games with yourself pretending you're going to become a body builder or Olympic power lifter or something equally ridiculous. I think I've enjoyed my gym visits far more since I made that transition. I don't need an artificial "goal." Staying healthy is goal enough.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Yeah the taller frame makes it easier for guys to look great by just bulking up a couple of key areas. I used to be jealous of you guys but now I'm 60.. and am happy just to spend another day a half a step ahead of Father Time. I know he will eventually catch me.. but until that day I am going to train like a fiend. I've always had the ongoing internal debate with myself about getting huge or getting cut. If I drop all my body fat and get cut to me I look small.. even tiny.. Because 5'7" 160-170 pounds IS tiny. At least to my eye. But that guy could run all day. The bigger 200 pound me can't run like that but fills out a suit better. :) Of course I wear a suit like once every three years (weddings and funerals) but I look great in them! LOL! I hear you about what joints and ligaments can and can't bear though. Back when I was young and stupid I would always try to finish up my workout with a max bench. I got up to 400 pounds once.. and almost tore my shoulder out of its socket doing so. I don't think I've even attempted anything above 225 in like 20 years.. What's the point? Once you accept that working out can be done just to stay healthy and fit you don't have to play mind games with yourself pretending you're going to become a body builder or Olympic power lifter or something equally ridiculous. I think I've enjoyed my gym visits far more since I made that transition. I don't need an artificial "goal." Staying healthy is goal enough.

When I registered for the draft (dating myself here :() I was 6-2 and 150. After a year or so at college I was measured at the doctor's office at 6-3 and 155.
About a year later a guy that I worked with, who was a short (5-7) guy but pretty muscular. He suggested I work out with him, to which I replied I didn't think I'd be able to do much.
He introduced me to the gym owner, who was 6-3 and 235. He showed me a photo of himself in high school, nearly as skinny as me. Said I'd be able to get to 230 with some work.

Well I worked out for 2 years, never got above 167. Even with middle age spread I'm still only 180. I have had to realize I'll never be "muscular". But I can get good definition and a noticeable V shape, have to be satisfied with that....

RonnieT24

Reaction score
When I registered for the draft (dating myself here :() I was 6-2 and 150. After a year or so at college I was measured at the doctor's office at 6-3 and 155.
About a year later a guy that I worked with, who was a short (5-7) guy but pretty muscular. He suggested I work out with him, to which I replied I didn't think I'd be able to do much.
He introduced me to the gym owner, who was 6-3 and 235. He showed me a photo of himself in high school, nearly as skinny as me. Said I'd be able to get to 230 with some work.

Well I worked out for 2 years, never got above 167. Even with middle age spread I'm still only 180. I have had to realize I'll never be "muscular". But I can get good definition and a noticeable V shape, have to be satisfied with that....

LOL! I see this trio in the gym almost every time I go. The tall skinny guy, the short stocky guy and the one truly ripped guy. Invariably the truly ripped guy is leading the workouts.. and the other two are trying to emulate him. Problem is, they don't have his genetics.. so doing the exact same workout he does will never yield the same results for them. As you already touched on each person's body and body chemistry is different and as such it will take different work to get to where you want to go. In my younger years I used to walk over to that trio and tell them exactly that.. but nearly every time I would get the old MYOB look from them. Sometimes guys would be receptive to the feedback but mostly they were like "Thanks, we know what we're doing, go away." It's the one aspect of weight training that often goes overlooked. No two people are exactly the same.. stop acting like it.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
LOL! I see this trio in the gym almost every time I go. The tall skinny guy, the short stocky guy and the one truly ripped guy. Invariably the truly ripped guy is leading the workouts.. and the other two are trying to emulate him. Problem is, they don't have his genetics.. so doing the exact same workout he does will never yield the same results for them. As you already touched on each person's body and body chemistry is different and as such it will take different work to get to where you want to go. In my younger years I used to walk over to that trio and tell them exactly that.. but nearly every time I would get the old MYOB look from them. Sometimes guys would be receptive to the feedback but mostly they were like "Thanks, we know what we're doing, go away." It's the one aspect of weight training that often goes overlooked. No two people are exactly the same.. stop acting like it.

I was always told, read and heard that to best build strength and mass you had to do your last sets of 1-2 reps with heavy weight. Well that didn't seem to work for me, just wore me out, the next workout sometimes I was even weaker. So after a little experimenting I went to a 4-6 reps at the end of the workout and bingo! Better results.

Well a couple of years ago I was in a store and browsing Muscle and Fitness and lo and behold I saw an article saying 4-6 reps was just as good if not better than 1-2.

Not to brag on my astuteness, just noting that things change. Used to be bodybuilders ate huge amounts of meat and other proteins to gain weight, now we know that you only need a couple more grams of protein to grow muscle, not mass quantities...

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I was always told, read and heard that to best build strength and mass you had to do your last sets of 1-2 reps with heavy weight. Well that didn't seem to work for me, just wore me out, the next workout sometimes I was even weaker. So after a little experimenting I went to a 4-6 reps at the end of the workout and bingo! Better results.

Well a couple of years ago I was in a store and browsing Muscle and Fitness and lo and behold I saw an article saying 4-6 reps was just as good if not better than 1-2.

Not to brag on my astuteness, just noting that things change. Used to be bodybuilders ate huge amounts of meat and other proteins to gain weight, now we know that you only need a couple more grams of protein to grow muscle, not mass quantities...

I applaud your self awareness. Most people just go through life doing the same stupid stuff and wondering why they don't get the same results as the guy on the magazine cover. Thanks for mentioning protein though. Since my wife banned me from the gym (Covid) my workouts have all been dumbbells out of my trunk before a 45 minute track workout. Because I have not been doing extensive weight work I have not been doing my post workout protein shake. But the great thing about sprint workouts is they do a fine job of keeping the muscles toned. Not going to get any mass out of the deal but I got enough mass anyway. But I do think I should probably get back into the habit of feeding the muscles protein after the workout. I think it would cool to get to spend a week or two with NFL trainers. Not that I could even finish one of their workouts but it would be great to go through the process of how they determine what workout and what nutrition works for each guy and then be able to apply some of that to my own efforts.

chagus

Reaction score
I hope Dak stops throwing so many high balls to CeeDee, especially since CeeDee willingly goes up high and grabs them. My concern is CeeDee coming back down and hurting himself due to potentially landing wrong which could cause him lower leg injuries.

Hit him at shoulder level, Dak. Stop throwing so many sky high balls.
Going up and catching balls is literally the WRs job.