Twitter: OG Nate Livings and DT Travis Chappelear released

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Try this bit of revisionist history on for size:

On Talkin' Cowboys from yesterday, Broaddus blamed Wade Phillips (who got fired in 2010) for being 'married to his roster' and not letting the Cowboys sign Brian Waters (when he was cut by Kansas City in 2011).

Anyone else see the problem here?

Really?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

On Talkin' Cowboys from yesterday, Broaddus blamed Wade Phillips (who got fired in 2010) for being 'married to his roster' and not letting the Cowboys sign Brian Waters (when he was cut by Kansas City in 2011).

Does this have something to do with that new math they are teaching now?

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Yet another strike against this supposed better talent acquisition under the vigilant gaze of jason garrett

Chocolate lab likes.

If you don't think we've picked up better talent under Garrett than under previous regimes, then you're pretty much just trolling or covering your eyes and pretending its all just a bad dream.

Chocolate lab does not like

sbark

Reaction score
doesn't sound like, with a attitude like Livings has (welcomed IR and guar money)....that he wont be in any better shape week 9, than now.......best hope is another team gets desperate, doesn't due its due diligence and signs him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I heard it and didn't get the same sort of feelings.

What are you trying to say he meant.

That it was Wade's fault that the Cowboys didn't pursue Waters before he signed with New England in 2011.

Vanilla2

Reaction score
That it was Wade's fault that the Cowboys didn't pursue Waters before he signed with New England in 2011.

Oh.

To be fair Broadus has repeatedly said that Phillips tends to be "married" to the guys on his roster.

And says he prefers the team churning the bottom of the roster.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh.

To be fair Broadus has repeatedly said that Phillips tends to be "married" to the guys on his roster.

And says he prefers the team churning the bottom of the roster.

Yeah, but to be fair, Phillips was fired in 2010 and Waters wasn't released until 2011.

Pretty key point, huh?

Vanilla2

Reaction score
Yeah, but to be fair, Phillips was fired in 2010 and Waters wasn't released until 2011.

Pretty key point, huh?

I re read and saw that.

Was it on yesterday's episode?

Any idea of how far in when he said it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I re read and saw that.

Was it on yesterday's episode?

Any idea of how far in when he said it.

Unfortunately not.

I tried to listen to I again and couldn't find it again.

If I do, I'll let you know.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
doesn't sound like, with a attitude like Livings has (welcomed IR and guar money)....that he wont be in any better shape week 9, than now.......best hope is another team gets desperate, doesn't due its due diligence and signs him.

Bill Callahan said Livings was one of the team's hardest workers in the offseason before his knee problems, so maybe people are overplaying the attitude of an injured player. Won't be the first time a player's name gets smeared because he had the audacity to let himself get injured.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Pretty key point, huh?

Phillips is a pretty big man, maybe he physically blocked Waters' route to Dallas. Took too long to get around him.

sbark

Reaction score
Bill Callahan said Livings was one of the team's hardest workers in the offseason before his knee problems, so maybe people are overplaying the attitude of an injured player. Won't be the first time a player's name gets smeared because he had the audacity to let himself get injured.
.........good to hear that from Callahan......

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score

LOL. Terrible, but no worse than a ton of posts I've seen here.

Never let facts get in the way of a good narrative.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score

The best part was he says he was told this by scouts in the front office.

Must have been Jerry jr. Or that genius mike fisher.