Signed by Cowboys OG Signed Mike McQueen; Ed Eagan Waived

Proximo

Reaction score
We still have not got a threat returning KOs and punts in the whole time Garrett has been here.

Carr is going to return them? Dez?

I find that so unbeliveable. Harris was the only guy who ever did anything and he was nothing special.

What the?

Harris was one of the best return men in the league when he was in his prime with us.

And Lucky easily has potential to excel as a return man. He had a couple of good ones last year.

Plus we have a couple of speedsters that aren't starters who they can give opportunities to here in preseason. I don't see how they're scrambling or struggling in this area.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For those wondering about Mike McQueen, he's a 6-6, 287 guard that was cut last week by the Chargers. He has the size to play OT if needed but would probably be expected to bulk up somewhat in doing so. He also attended Ohio State University in college.

Sorry, "Championship."

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was heartened to go through a whole page without seeing it and them Bam!

Ha! That's what you get!

We were too busy ruing the loss of Eagan to celebrate the addition of Whatshisface, but once we were reminded, we reacted appropriately.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I don't understand all the scrambling at the position.

Greene must be stinking up camp.

And this staff is scrambling at LBer, safety and special teams too.

We still have not got a threat returning KOs and punts in the whole time Garrett has been here.

Carr is going to return them? Dez?

I find that so unbeliveable. Harris was the only guy who ever did anything and he was nothing special.

Try watching a game every now and then Dwayne Harris was outstanding. Saying he was nothing special shows a lack of understanding.

Whitehead is on the same track though not as talented as Harris.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Try watching a game every now and then Dwayne Harris was outstanding. Saying he was nothing special shows a lack of understanding.

Whitehead is on the same track though not as talented as Harris.
Agree or disagree..

my point stands.

We can't draft one nor develop one.

Out of the hundreds of prospect out of college you would think we would commit a position like that to a player we could turn it over too.

But nope..he's got to be a 3rd string something or other who has to backup another position.

For a guy that gets to return 3-4 kickoffs and 5-7 punts each week..

why is he just a body?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Agree or disagree..

my point stands.

Out of the hundreds of prospect out of college you would think we would commit a position like that to a player we could turn it over too.

But nope..he's got to be a 3rd string something or other who has to backup another position.

For a guy that gets to return 3-4 kickoffs and 5-7 punts each week..

why is he just a body?

I don't even understand what you are asking. Harris was drafted, he was an excellent college player. We developed him into a great return man and very good wr. He became a free agent in a year where the team had no ability to pay him.

Whitehead is on the same track its nearly identical except he wasn't drafted.

Of all the things to complain about not developing a punt returner seems to be about just complaining. Like most of the point of this message board.

It would literally take 30 minutes to go on youtube or wherever and rematch how good harris was.

unless of course you are complaining just to complain.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I follow the draft really deep...like 700 prospects per year....and it amazes me we continue to bring in guys....that I have never heard of. Makes me wonder what they are doing....usually a decent prospect will rise and get some kind of notoriety...but we keep churning up guys that nobody wants.:rolleyes:

Here is a kid we should be looking @.....

nfl-draft-west-georgia-dominique-robertson-030216-ftrjpg_bqlx8967che2zufeg1blo0ij.jpg

Dominique Robertson

Last edited:

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
For those wondering about Mike McQueen, he's a 6-6, 287 guard that was cut last week by the Chargers. He has the size to play OT if needed but would probably be expected to bulk up somewhat in doing so. He also attended Ohio State University in college.

It is interesting....seems like a completely wrong body for guard....taller than most and less bulk. Seems like his body would definitely be more suited to outside....would think he needs to put on about 15 to 20 lbs of bulk. If he can hang in for a year and come back with a bigger body, maybe he has a chance.

As far as bring OL in, the report the other day was the 5 starters and Leary are much better than the rest of the group. Said that Green and Looney are the next best basically by default.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It is interesting....seems like a completely wrong body for guard....taller than most and less bulk. Seems like his body would definitely be more suited to outside....would think he needs to put on about 15 to 20 lbs of bulk. If he can hang in for a year and come back with a bigger body, maybe he has a chance.

As far as bring OL in, the report the other day was the 5 starters and Leary are much better than the rest of the group. Said that Green and Looney are the next best basically by default.

Exactly. I'm seeing McQueen as no more than a camp body at this stage. Realistically, I'm surely not expecting him to be retained on the active roster. He might be a candidate for the practice squad, though and return next year w/bulk and more strength as you suggest.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Sorry, "Championship."

LOL -- I've been awaiting that response and could be persuaded to join that chorus myself. Potential PS candidate at best, I imagine. I'm seeing this as more evidence that Chaz Green probably isn't "there" yet and might not get there anytime soon.

Last edited:

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LOL -- I've been awaiting that response and could be persuaded to join that chorus myself. Potential PS candidate at best, I imagine. I'm seeing this as more evidence that Chaz Green probably isn't "there" yet and might not get there anytime soon.

Chaz Green is one of the players I'm most looking forward to seeing in preseason. Nate seems to think he started lost and has really come on this week, fwiw. I could see that, given that he'd been out of football for a year and then it was only college ball. At the same time, it's scary having him as the swing tackle or looking at moving two players if Free or Smith get hurt.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Chaz Green is one of the players I'm most looking forward to seeing in preseason. Nate seems to think he started lost and has really come on this week, fwiw. I could see that, given that he'd been out of football for a year and then it was only college ball. At the same time, it's scary having him as the swing tackle or looking at moving two players if Free or Smith get hurt.

I truly hope Nate is 100% correct about Chaz being on the verge of a breakthrough. Good Lord, as badly as we need a capable OT to step up and relieve Free when necessary, something like that just might constitute Divine Intervention. I've seen more sad reports than good ones concerning Green, so anything that offers a hint of hope is welcome. Here's hoping your hopes prove to be well taken. Maybe the light came on for him.

Last edited:

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Are you talking about WR? I think that's one of the positions that we develop well. We have some draft misses, like Street, but there's not much to complain about at this position.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And say what you will about Charles Brown (insert Charlie Brown quote here), he was competing for that swing tackle job, and now it's apparently Chaz Green or bust. I haven't read much of anything positive about any of the other backup candidates, which is why I think we continue to churn.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And say what you will about Charles Brown (insert Charlie Brown quote here), he was competing for that swing tackle job, and now it's apparently Chaz Green or bust. I haven't read much of anything positive about any of the other backup candidates, which is why I think we continue to churn.

What's the story on Bradfield? I haven't heard much about him one way or another.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What's the story on Bradfield? I haven't heard much about him one way or another.

I haven't heard much other than a mention on one of the shows that he was hurt and missing some time. It was a quick mention so I may be wrong, can anyone confirm on that?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven't heard much other than a mention on one of the shows that he was hurt and missing some time. It was a quick mention so I may be wrong, can anyone confirm on that?

After I posted this I listened to Nate from yesterday on my drive in. He thinks Green is improving a lot this week but that Bradfield is still a bit ahead of him right now, fwtw. They also talked about the possibility of moving Martin out to RT in a pinch, which we've played with early on but which hasn't been looked at in camp this year so far as I know.