Twitter: Ogbonnia playing very well so far

He is playing SOOOOOOOOO much better than I expected
Not me. I thought he was an extremely underrated pickup, 2nd only to Thompson.

You see, we haven't had decent NT play since Jon Hankins. When we have one who is even above average, we see what a competent NT brings to the team. Now imagine if he was even more disruptive!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I don't think so. Q is playing where Osa would be playing, and he's better than Osa.

OTOH, maybe Osa's youth would make him more disruptive than Clark, but then you do lose some in run support.
That's basically it.

Q is the Osa replacement, except Q is better and his size/strength makes him a better fit for a 1.5 Gap role.

Osa is maybe more disruptive than Clark, but Osa also can't do what Clark does on a per down basis either.

Osa is still a pretty good player, he just wasn't a fit here, especially at that cap figure.
 
That is possible. Clark is a better pass rusher than Ogbonnia is, able to collapse the pocket some. If Overton develops as a pass rusher, I could see Dallas keeping Ogbonnia over Clark to play NT in the 3-4 sets. It will cost us $23.7 million to keep Clark without an extension and $14.8 million to cut him, so I could see it, but again, I think whether we give him an extension depends more on Overton's development than Ogbonnia's play. We've got to have three quality interior DL in this scheme.
You all do realize that that was the plan right OSA was already under a large contract and they were going to reduce his role and that is why he got traded they brought in other guys that can be rotated in and fit better for what they needed behind Clark and QW so now they can bring in Ogbonnia and by the way Bullard was also playing pretty well so the whole rotation thing was working out exactly the way they wanted yes the specific guy some are better pass rushers some are better run stuffers and they give the number one guys a break and they don't have a big drop off..

So yes this is not a surprise he did this in training camp or practice I don't remember when I saw him first but the other guys are doing pretty well in this rotation up front they're tackling better they're stopping the run better They do need to get a better pass rush as far as from the outside to help the inside guys but yeah but don't forget to bring Bullard out of this conversation. I think before he got hurt he was also playing pretty well so that was the plan the plan is working.

You end up getting a nice draft pick for OSA and now you have three cheaper guys taking his place in a nice rotational role.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,186
Messages
14,671,554
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top