Oh dear God Houston sucks....

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
jazzcat22 said:
Off the top of my head, teams needing a QB, as in franchise QB...Arizona, GB, Jets (Chad injury prone), Miami, Baltimore, Cleveland, Titans (McNair almost done)

Anyone else?

Dallas Cowboys. But thats just my opinion, I dont think Henson is the next big thing. I want Brady Quinn or Omar Jacobs to be the QB here. Im sure thats just my naive opinion though, since I haven't seen as much of Henson as the team has, and they've kept him here for a reason.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Hostile said:
I'd trade it if I were them. Offer it to the Jets so they can take Leinart because I think Pennington is done.

Bingo...We have a winner. I would venture to say there virtually no chance Houston takes Leinart or Bush.

So what if they get Leinart, he will just get killed like Carr. Not saying Carr is good or bad and that is the problem, nobody knows.

I am not a huge fan of Dominck(SP) Davis, but he is at least alright. Without an OL the Texans are headed no where real fast.

If they end up with the 1st pick, they will trade down with someone willing to give up a kings ransom for Leinart.

I dont often say "Book It", and I still will not, but that is close of a Book It you will get from me.

TLW47

Reaction score
They'll probably trade their first choice for extra picks. That would be the smart thing to do anyway.

Carr has regressed. Whether it's him, coaching, O line or all of the above who knows? But he's nowhere as good as projected.

They don't use their TE at all.

Their defense is porous.

Stadium is beautiful though. They did that right.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
gbrittain said:
Bingo...We have a winner. I would venture to say there virtually no chance Houston takes Leinart or Bush.

So what if they get Leinart, he will just get killed like Carr. Not saying Carr is good or bad and that is the problem, nobody knows.

I am not a huge fan of Dominck(SP) Davis, but he is at least alright. Without an OL the Texans are headed no where real fast.

If they end up with the 1st pick, they will trade down with someone willing to give up a kings ransom for Leinart.

I dont often say "Book It", and I still will not, but that is close of a Book It you will get from me.
Houston needs OL and lots of it. D'Brickashaw Ferguson will be their guy. They can move down a couple of spots and get him plus add a pick or two to the team that is despearate for a QB. Bush may be the best in the land but QB still rules the roost.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
gbrittain said:

I agree with you and Hostile. No way they pick Leinart or Bush. The Texans need help on o-line, and it would make sense to trade down. I am a Domanick Davis fan, since I watched him at LSU. I have watched a few Texans games this year, and he is the one guy that never seems to quit.

Personally, if they are done with Carr, then they have convinced me that they are a dumb organization. I think Carr has immense talent and can live up to his billing if he has time to throw. I would welcome him here if the Texans dump him.

HoustonSucks

Reaction score
Geez, this subject line startled me for a moment. :)

The tricky part is Carr is due that 8 million, if I'm not mistaken, before the draft if they want to keep on with the Carr-experiment. Casserly is the culpable party here. He's made a mess of things since he got to Houston. Can't say it upsets me.....

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jazzcat22 said:
Off the top of my head, teams needing a QB, as in franchise QB...Arizona, GB, Jets (Chad injury prone), Miami, Baltimore, Cleveland, Titans (McNair almost done)

Anyone else?
Not well known but McNair has a 50 million dollar bonus coming. That won't happen.

Culpepper has an 11 million dollar bonus, he might be gone too. I expect them to go after Brees in a trade.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Not well known but McNair has a 50 million dollar bonus coming. That won't happen.

Culpepper has an 11 million dollar bonus, he might be gone too. I expect them to go after Brees in a trade.

Hostile, I am not in agreement with a Brees trade. I think this would be a dumb move on the part of the Chargers. If they do this, then they are setting the team back by 2-3 years while Rivers develops. Rivers has been there since last year, but you can't develop while riding the pine or wearing a headset.

Of course, we are talking about the Chargers, so nothing would surprise me.

:laugh1:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Tuna Helper said:
Hostile, I am not in agreement with a Brees trade. I think this would be a dumb move on the part of the Chargers. If they do this, then they are setting the team back by 2-3 years while Rivers develops. Rivers has been there since last year, but you can't develop while riding the pine or wearing a headset.

Of course, we are talking about the Chargers, so nothing would surprise me.

:laugh1:
The thing is TH, Brees may demand a lot of money and handicap them against the cap. Trading him might be their best option and Minny should have a mid round pick to dangle.

burmafrd

Reaction score
If SD trades BREES they are really stupid. the guy is a player and does well. HOW could they know that Rivers can be any better? I think Carr can still be a good QB, but not at Houston. The worst O line in the history of the NFL has about baked the kid.
Houston and SD should get together for a trade (though I wonder if Rivers would run screaming into the night at the thought of that O line). If Houston does ANYTHING but put priority on BUILDING an O line this offseason then the whole staff and front office should be shot.

5mics

Next Year's Champions
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
The man is not an NFL QB, protection or no protection
Geez, I wonder what people thought when Aikman went 1-15 w/ a crappy O-Line. Luckily for us, the O-Line problem got fixed and Aikman is now a shoo-in for the Hall. For Carr, it's been four years of crappy O-Line play! I'd like to see a good line in front of him before I call him a bust.....

joseephuss

Reaction score
I think teams will shy away from trading with Houston for the #1 pick. They will eventually find someone to trade the pick, but I don't think they can expect a great package in return.

I won't think Houston is stupid if they cut Carr. Releasing him may not be their best option, but it could work out for both parties. Even if they get some good young O-linemen, they will still need to learn to play at the NFL level and they won't immediatly be a good unit. Carr getting the crap beat out of him for another year or two won't do anything for his confidence.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Carr needs to leave for his own health and safety. Though I wonder if any QB wants to play for Houston now- unless he has a death wish!!!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
McNair is as good as gone and they will replace him with Voleck so I don't see TN trading up.

Won't Brees be a FA after the season since he was franchised this year?

I agree that the Jets is the most likely trading partner.

kartr

Reaction score
dargonking999 said:
when David carr has had the time and talent he's been good, but when you cant get 3 secodns in the pocket, your gonna suck

When he had time he stared down his receivers.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Carr will never be able to do anything as long as he is in Houston- with that line NO one would be able to do much.

kartr

Reaction score
T-New41 said:
I wouldn't pin it all on David Carr. The staff there as done a horrible job of building the team. Their offensive line makes ours look like the all-madden line. They trade away a ton of picks to grab a guy they probably could have gotten anyway in the draft (sounds like the way we were running things for a while)

Carr has the record for being the most sacked QB in the league and they say he is on pace to break that record. Matt Leinhart will get eaten alive if he gets picked by Houston.

If they were smart, they would trade the #1 and get a handsome package (look at what the Bolts got to give NY Eli) and really build a solid O-line. But they wont. They will probably pick Matt Leinart and cut David Carr.

Houston needs to get rid of the GM and the whole coaching staff. They just need to start over.

The people in Houston says that if his primary receiver is covered, he can't find the second and third options.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
kartr said:
The people in Houston says that if his primary receiver is covered, he can't find the second and third options.
Yeah, and we all know it's smart to listen to armchair QBs and GMs to know everything there is to know about the game.

Asklesko

Reaction score
I saw the futility of the Texans during the offseason. There was no promise there. They need to slash and burn the whole organization.

burmafrd

Reaction score
When you are halfway down to the ground with 3 DL's on falling on you, its a little hard to find your second option.