Ohtani and Gambling

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Big story out of LA is Ohtani's interpreter was busted for gambling on other sports. He is giving conflincting stories as it involves Ohtani once saying Ohtani paid off his gambling losses over 4 million dollars and another stating Ohtani had no knowledge of the situation. Ohtanis reps are saying his long time friend and interpreter stole money from him. It still is not a good look for the 700 million dollar man. The season has not even started yet and scandal with the Dodgers would be a huge story. There is no way the interpreter ran up a 4 milllion dollar bill without Ohtani knowing what was going on. (common sense) Ohtani is the leagues golden star and the league will do whatever is necessary to make this go away. This story along with the other Japanese pitching phenom that looks horrible so far is not starting out the way the Dodgers had hoped. As a fan of another team, I am definetely loving it.

1942willys

Reaction score
Big story out of LA is Ohtani's interpreter was busted for gambling on other sports. He is giving conflincting stories as it involves Ohtani once saying Ohtani paid off his gambling losses over 4 million dollars and another stating Ohtani had no knowledge of the situation. Ohtanis reps are saying his long time friend and interpreter stole money from him. It still is not a good look for the 700 million dollar man. The season has not even started yet and scandal with the Dodgers would be a huge story. There is no way the interpreter ran up a 4 milllion dollar bill without Ohtani knowing what was going on. (common sense) Ohtani is the leagues golden star and the league will do whatever is necessary to make this go away. This story along with the other Japanese pitching phenom that looks horrible so far is not starting out the way the Dodgers had hoped. As a fan of another team, I am definetely loving it.
kind of sad in a way; but damn four million dollars gambling debt? yowsers

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
kind of sad in a way; but damn four million dollars gambling debt? yowsers
No way an interpreter can run up that much gambling debt, bookies wouldn't let him do that.

If Ohtani gave him money to gamble with, I guess that'd be okay, Ohtani can do whatever he wants with his money. But if the interpreter was just a shill for Ohtani betting, that's a big no-no. Just ask Pete Rose if gambling on baseball is a smart thing to do....

1942willys

Reaction score
No way an interpreter can run up that much gambling debt, bookies wouldn't let him do that.

If Ohtani gave him money to gamble with, I guess that'd be okay, Ohtani can do whatever he wants with his money. But if the interpreter was just a shill for Ohtani betting, that's a big no-no. Just ask Pete Rose if gambling on baseball is a smart thing to do....
you just have to wonder sometimes the incredible arrogance/stupidity that you see from the rich and famous.
But then a lot of the time their money does get them out of it so....

Hardline

Reaction score
If he was gambling on other sports that didn't involve baseball he shouldn't suffer any punishment from the MLB.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Ohtani is going to read a statement to the press but he will not take questions. This guy is the biggest star in baseball but he is treated like an insecure child. He never has to answer questions. The angels only had him available on days when he pitched. Why is he going to read a statement. I am sure he is going to read it japanese and then let the world translate. Give me a break. Just release the translated version to the public so you don't get your feelings hurt if someone were to ask you a tough question.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Makes Pete Rose case look like a church bingo game . Please spare me Ohtani didn’t break the law and it was all the fall guys fault .

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Nice contract LA. :muttley:

Well, if he gets.banned for life, at least there isn’t a salary cap.