OK i need Honesty...Everyone be Honest

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Terence Newman700;2397499 said:
While the game was going on yesterday...ill assume everyone was *****ing n complaining at brad Johnson...pissed as hell.....and when brad got replaced..we were all happy that brooks came in.....

be honest...when brooks took his first pass....who busted out laughing?

i know i did....all the complaining we did to get brad out of there too see this guy come in and throw a pick his first pass...i was 1 of them complaining about brad..n i couldn't help but laugh..when brooks came in and just threw a pick..i felt like we were just hopeless

for the record i never ever laughed during a bad moment in a game....besides Jenkins trying to jump kick a ball:D :lmao:

honestly, when Brooks did that, all I could think of was how it was the same situation, timing, and result as when Romo became "the guy". You know, Romo replaced bledsoe at the start of the second half, first play was an int, and it was against the Giants.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
RW Hitman;2397756 said:
honestly, when Brooks did that, all I could think of was how it was the same situation, timing, and result as when Romo became "the guy". You know, Romo replaced bledsoe at the start of the second half, first play was an int, and it was against the Giants.

I was just about to say this...but now I dont have to....

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
That actually happened to me when Romo threw his first pass and it was tipped and intercepted. I couldn't stop laughing.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Had Brooks been afforded 1st team reps all week we would have had a fighting chance yesterday. Instead, they continued to believe in the fossil.

I wasn't necessarily shocked by his first pass for an INT due to the fact that they didn't allow him to prepare properly during the week.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
I was sitting in the stands at Texas Motor Speedway with my headphones on listening to the game and i heard "intercepted" and i laughed so loud others thought i was crazy..............

superpunk

Reaction score
I have consumed other people's snot.

There's honesty for you.

Also I laughed at Brooks Bollinger. It's the laugh of the damned.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
No laughing...just a sigh of resignation that the game was indeed long past over.

I was not shocked that it happened though. Brooks had not been given the reps in pratice that he needed to get on the same page with the receivers and I did not expect anything really good to happen when he came in. They should have started him not bring him in in a not win situation after Johnson had already given the game away.

Bollinger lead a scoring drive for more yards than Johnson had managed to get in the entire first half. I think that fact bares out our opinions that Bollinger should have started this week. His play was far superior to Johnson's in spite of the INT.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Hostile;2397581 said:
We wanted John Beck. Miami wanted a CB in return. I am told it was Anthony Henry. Because of Pacman being suspended Jerry couldn't make the deal. Some will say Newman's injury contributes. It was not the deal breaker though. The suspension was.

I predict the deal will happen in the off season. Too late for this year.

Figured Beck was it but didn't know Henry was the bait. I do remember you hinting at Henry not being around and wondered where he was heading.

So would Beck have beaten NY? Or maybe I should say would Beck have allowed us not to give NY the game?

sweetness0986

Reaction score
I laughed, only because I was thinking to myself before he came in, what if his first pass is an interception? Then I reasoned with myself that God wouldn't be that cruel. Welp... :laugh2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
jobberone;2398099 said:
Figured Beck was it but didn't know Henry was the bait. I do remember you hinting at Henry not being around and wondered where he was heading.

So would Beck have beaten NY? Or maybe I should say would Beck have allowed us not to give NY the game?
No, I think the Giants are the best team in the NFL right now.

Frozen700

Reaction score
Hostile;2398152 said:
No, I think the Giants are the best team in the NFL right now.

i dont think so....faced with a great Defense....and a decent offense i can see them bending backwards

The titans and healthy Cowboys...i think are better

the first n second quarter was anyone's game...better play from the O and we have a chance...instead our D was out there all the time

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Didn't laugh. Yelled a few four letter words, then got up and almost turned the TV off, for the 3rd time this year. Which is saying something, since I still have yet to turn off a TV when watching the Boys play. For some reason, I just can't turn it off, no matter how bad they are playing.

Just glad to see the Skins lose, will be even sweeter to see the Boys hand them back to back losses at FedEx in 2 weeks.

DTK

Reaction score
TNewman, are u the same one that posts frequently over at Extremesuck?

Royal Laegotti

Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!
Reaction score
While the game was going on yesterday...ill assume everyone was *****ing n complaining at brad Johnson...pissed as hell.....and when brad got replaced..we were all happy that brooks came in.....

i know i did....all the complaining we did to get brad out of there too see this guy come in and throw a pick his first pass...i was 1 of them complaining about brad..n i couldn't help but laugh..when brooks came in and just threw a pick..i felt like we were just hopeless

for the record i never ever laughed during a bad moment in a game....besides Jenkins trying to jump kick a ball:D :lmao:

At that moment my remote had an assisted instant disassembley. I still haven't found all pieces.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
Hostile;2397581 said:
We wanted John Beck. Miami wanted a CB in return. I am told it was Anthony Henry. Because of Pacman being suspended Jerry couldn't make the deal. Some will say Newman's injury contributes. It was not the deal breaker though. The suspension was.

I predict the deal will happen in the off season. Too late for this year.

I'd have been really tempted to do that deal.

Hell, I'd do it now if it weren't for the trade deadline.

TwentyOne

Reaction score

I didn't laugh. Just because you could see how nervous he was. I just hoped for him to settle down and therefore play better. I must admit when he entered the game i gave up the thought about winning this game. I just hoped he would pan out as our new backup QB. He settled down after the third drive and i think he played a good game. A good game because he is/was the third QB of this team and for him to play like he did seems good to me.

He played far better then Johnson IMO. What i really don't understand is how coaches haven't realized his ability in training and declared him as no.2 long before that game. I don't want to paint things black but we have real problems at the coaching positions.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
TwentyOne;2399015 said:
He settled down after the third drive and i think he played a good game. A good game because he is/was the third QB of this team and for him to play like he did seems good to me.

He played far better then Johnson IMO. What i really don't understand is how coaches haven't realized his ability in training and declared him as no.2 long before that game. I don't want to paint things black but we have real problems at the coaching positions.

Spot on post.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
CowboyMike;2398021 said:
That actually happened to me when Romo threw his first pass and it was tipped and intercepted. I couldn't stop laughing.

I laughed really hard when Romo had that happen and it was all because everyone was clamoring, myself included, so hard and so long for him to replace Bledsoe and then he comes in and has a pick.

Also I laughed cause I knew Kornhieser had already jinxed him by mentioning the fact that Tony was the man, and loved, right up until he threw his first INT.

Sort of felt the same way for Brooks on Sunday but only because it made me remember how it started for Tony and nothing more.