Ok, I'll admit I'm starting to worry...

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
about the kicking position. Vanderjagt was supposed to be our answer, but he's not sounding good so far. Do I just need a hug, or is it time to start worrying? Do vets like him start sluggishly & then improve?

NEDAL

Reaction score
Kittymama said:
about the kicking position. Vanderjagt was supposed to be our answer, but he's not sounding good so far. Do I just need a hug, or is it time to start worrying? Do vets like him start sluggishly & then improve?

It's only training camp dont worry....take this from a Patriots fan who has read many bad things of Vinatieri in training camp who went on to help us win 2 Superbowls.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kittymama said:

I am not worrying, but I am also not hugging you. :laugh2:

I think maybe there is something to this holder issue.

illone

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about him too much. He's an improvement over what you had last year and it's still early in camp.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
you need a hug

the thing about Ks is that they need to find their groove, and it looks like Vandy found his a looooooong time ago, I'd be worried wk 1, not now

Duane

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I am not worrying, but I am also not hugging you. :laugh2:

I think maybe there is something to this holder issue.
You hit the nail on the head. I think it has to do with his holder.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Kittymama said:

I'll send Roy Williams to give you a good night hug.

When you wake up it will be regular season and all will be well.

You don't want to use up your main kicker in the heat over nothing. Let the second stringer handle - split the duties. The regular kicker has only so many good pops a day in his leg before it gets tired. Add the heat to that.
They also need more reps in the kicking game to look at special teamers.
So if Vanderjack is rounding into form - and not blasting 50 yard FG's out of the gate in TC. Take a breath..... Hole it for about 10 minutes.

Call back later.

ghost

Reaction score
Kittymama said:

you need a hug.

Come here you.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Let's send Vanderjagt a few cases of his favorite liquor.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Kittymama said:

A bit too early to worry just yet but I will say Vanderjagt needs to start hitting his FG regardless if it is practice or not.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I'd been told by a friend of mine that used to be a college kicker that the place holding was suspect. I really didn't know what he meant or cared to ask him, but it seems that Vanderjagt has an issue with that. It's still no reason to be missing 28 yarders like Cortez was, but if you think about it...Cundiff's best year was in 2003 when he had Jeff Robinson snapping and Toby Gowin (one of the better placeholders in the league) holding the snaps.

Rich.......

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
I'd been told by a friend of mine that used to be a college kicker that the place holding was suspect. I really didn't know what he meant or cared to ask him, but it seems that Vanderjagt has an issue with that. It's still no reason to be missing 28 yarders like Cortez was, but if you think about it...Cundiff's best year was in 2003 when he had Jeff Robinson snapping and Toby Gowin (one of the better placeholders in the league) holding the snaps.

Rich.......

As they say 3 things must happen for a FG to be successful. Snap, hold and kick, you mess any one of those up chances the kick will be no good.

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
As they say 3 things must happen for a FG to be successful. Snap, hold and kick, you mess any one of those up chances the kick will be no good.

I still say he's not "liquored up" enough. :p:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:

Rich.......

bring back Jeffy and Hoffman!!! :D

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:

Rich.......

Very interesting.... hmmm...

Doomsday101

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
Henson to backup Qb then? :D

If it is a case of Romo not doing a good job of holding then get your punter in there to do it.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
If it is a case of Romo not doing a good job of holding then get your punter in there to do it.

remember the argument that the #2 QB was just for who was the better holder? that's where I was going w/ that ;)