Ok, I'll admit I'm starting to worry...

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
KM, these guys just want a reason to get close to you. Don't let 'em do it.

BTW, he's back on the field today. So we'll see if his struggles continue.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
bring back Jeffy and Hoffman!!! :D

Seems like we need better holding than better snapping and kicking coaches.

Cundiff struggled in 2002 and 2004, 2005.

In 2002 and 2004 he had Robinson as the snapper. So I don't think Robinson's snapping dramatically affected Cundiff's kicks.

However, Gowin was the holder in 2003 and he was known as one of the better holders in the league. He wasn't the holder in either 2002 or 2004 or 2005.

That being said, Cundiff really isn't much of a kicker talent wise. And there's still no reason for him missing the real short ones.

Rich.......

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
For the love of all that is holy. Cowboys fans have to be the biggest nuts in the world.

We sign the most accurate kicker in the history of the NFL, and our fans worry about him because of the first couple days of training camp.

Blows my mind.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich said:
That being said, Cundiff really isn't much of a kicker talent wise. And there's still no reason for him missing the real short ones.

Rich.......

:hammer:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
cobra said:
For the love of all that is holy. Cowboys fans have to be the biggest nuts in the world.

We sign the most accurate kicker in the history of the NFL, and our fans worry about him because of the first couple days of training camp.

Blows my mind.

It is early and no need to panic, but what you did in the past is just that past. Even some of the all time best FG kickers got to points in their career that they were no longer hitting their kicks. I don't expect that to be the case this year for Vanderjagt but then again you never know. He has 1 job to do put the ball through the FG and I don't care if it is practice or a pre-season game the man needs to get it going.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Duane said:
You hit the nail on the head. I think it has to do with his holder.

down with henson! :laugh2:

sago1

Reaction score
Frankly maybe there on to something about the holder. No one has ever accused Romo of being a good holder. From comments I've heard during time Romo has been doing the job, it's usual he just average. Since Parcells wants to use Romo more this summer (and therefore he not spending enough time with Vanderjagt to get their timing down) maybe it's time to find someone else on the team whose been a holder in the past & whose got the time to work with Vanderjagt. Maybe when Cortez got so angry at Romo (and LA almost punched him) there was something to that. We sure had our share of poor FG kickers last year. Hope ST coach is talking about this with Parcells.

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
If we get him a good snap and a good hold Mr Vanderjagt is going to put most of them thru the uprights when it counts.

Great FG kickers don't all of a sudden lose their accuracy, their leg strength yes, accuracy not so much.

It's very telling that you haven't heard a peep out of Parcells on this subject.

The kicking problem in Dallas became a non-issue the momment "our drunk kicker" signed on the dotted line.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think it is a long snapping issue as I am pretty sure I heard or read that Bill likes our current guy and thinks he did well last year.

Now we have had problems at LS for a decent amount of time but I don't think that is what it is now.

Now we have been through plenty of Kickers who were considered less than stellar as we try to find diamonds in the rough and so on.

But with Vandy having the same troubles it has to be something and I think if you weed out some areas it just seems it goes back to the holder.

We will see.

I think bill likes QBs to be the holder for the occasional trick play scenario. Which in that case I wonder if they would consider possibly Crayton to be the holder as he has spent time as QB in college.

Reaction score
Kittymama said:
about the kicking position. Vanderjagt was supposed to be our answer, but he's not sounding good so far. Do I just need a hug, or is it time to start worrying? Do vets like him start sluggishly & then improve?

Can Daddy have a hug!?!?!?!

Dr%20Evil.jpg

:lmao:

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
He'll be fine, just shaking the rust off, just like the rest of the guys.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
psst.. hey guys..

Mike Vanderjagt has the highest all-time field goal percentage in the history of the NFL.. He didn't forget how to kick in the offseason.. I think we might just be OK..

Doomsday101

Reaction score
EMMITTnROY said:
psst.. hey guys..

Mike Vanderjagt has the highest all-time field goal percentage in the history of the NFL.. He didn't forget how to kick in the offseason.. I think we might just be OK..

Great then there is no reason he should be missing his kicks. I understand this is practice there is no pressure on him to make the kick so make the kick. I fully expect him to go out season and get the job done what I don't agree with is this notion that because you have done this or that in the past it give you some type of free pass or means you will continue to be the most accurate of kickers. Do the job that is what matters to me he is getting a darn good paycheck make the kicks.

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
Thanks gang! I was pretty sure it's TC blahs. Interesting discussions tho.

I may still take some folks up on the hugs--& the likker (maybe on a Friday afternoon!). ;)

Ashwynn

Reaction score
Vandys an 8-9 out of 10 guy. Meaning he will miss one or two out of every ten. You cant get much better then that since a 10 out of 10 guy does not exist. We are the best at that position we have been at for a long time. Kicking game is the least of our worries.

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Kittymama said:
about the kicking position. Vanderjagt was supposed to be our answer, but he's not sounding good so far. Do I just need a hug, or is it time to start worrying? Do vets like him start sluggishly & then improve?

I've been worrying in silence. When you're the best kicker in history and you can't make kicks in practice:eek:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Sportsbabe said:
I've been worrying in silence. When you're the best kicker in history and you can't make kicks in practice:eek:

or at crunchtime in the playoffs... I am more concerned about THAT to be honest.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
I think bill likes QBs to be the holder for the occasional trick play scenario. Which in that case I wonder if they would consider possibly Crayton to be the holder as he has spent time as QB in college.

Best comment I have seen on this suspected "holder" issue. Having a guy like Crayton or Green back their could allow for us to use an occasional trick play for a 2 point conversion.

CIWhitefish

Reaction score
I thought training camp was to practice for the upcoming regular season, not to be in mid-season form after a week. My bad.