Ok, I'll just throw it out there

playmakers

Reaction score
If we stay healthy and dont lose a key player at a key poistion.......... I think you know what Im hinting at. Keyshawn Johnson hinted at it on Monday Night and we have most of our tough games out of the way, can we make a run at 16-0????? Looking at our schedule I see only 4 teams that can knock us off our road to 16-0 and they are

At Pittsburgh
At Washington
At Philly
At Giants

Our offense is so good that we can flat out suck on defense for a game or two and still win. Personally, I look at our schedule and dont see any hornets nest matchups like last year at Buffalo. I think were beat the Giants twice because of what happened last year and they're not as good as last season. Playing at Washington will be an enmours test. Weird things always happen when we play there.

My question is how many wins do we need under our belt for us to put the watch up? Im not saying were going to go 16-0 nor am I saying were going to go 12-4, Im just saying more than half of our tough games are out of the way and were still undefeated. Just some fun food for thought.

Pabst

Reaction score
I have a hard time believing we'll go undefeated in the division, much less the season as a whole. It is within the realm of possibility, I suppose, so I'll throw my measuring stick out.

I think if Dallas gets to 10-0 (In other words, having beaten New York and Washington on the road), we can start thinking about this. Until that happens, I'd concentrate on staying in first place in the division race.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
playmakers;2284906 said:
If we stay healthy and dont lose a key player at a key poistion.......... I think you know what Im hinting at. Keyshawn Johnson hinted at it on Monday Night and we have most of our tough games out of the way, can we make a run at 16-0????? Looking at our schedule I see only 4 teams that can knock us off our road to 16-0 and they are

At Pittsburgh
At Washington
At Philly
At Giants

Our offense is so good that we can flat out suck on defense for a game or two and still win. Personally, I look at our schedule and dont see any hornets nest matchups like last year at Buffalo. I think were beat the Giants twice because of what happened last year and they're not as good as last season. Playing at Washington will be an enmours test. Weird things always happen when we play there.

My question is how many wins do we need under our belt for us to put the watch up? Im not saying were going to go 16-0 nor am I saying were going to go 12-4, Im just saying more than half of our tough games are out of the way and were still undefeated. Just some fun food for thought.

This isn't really responsive to your question, but I'd be quite thrilled with a 14-2 record at the end of the regular season... that would be the best single season record in Cowboys history, and certainly ought to be enough to guarantee home field advantage throughout the playoffs...

the playmaker

Reaction score
playmakers;2284906 said:

At Pittsburgh
At Washington
At Philly
At Giants

Remember our december games!!!:bang2: :bang2:
I hope that will be different:pray:....sunday? we crash
the **...ig 'Skins!!!:dissskin: :suxskins:

jaybird

Reaction score
Let's just go undefeated in December and January. But 12-0 we can start considering it, but for now let's please win this Sunday. Working in D.C. and being a life long Cowboy fan, man! I hope the team wants this win as bad as I do. Geez I hate the Skins!

rkas03

Reaction score
Honestly I don't think we'll go undefeated, and really don't want to sweep the giants and eagles. More than likely we'll see one of them in the playoff's, and it's an extreme challange to sweep a team 3 times no matter how good we are. Would love to see it , but don't really want to either.

cowboyed

Reaction score
playmakers;2284906 said:

At Pittsburgh
At Washington
At Philly
At Giants

I know you are just toying with this but nevertheless are we already on our dessert before the echo of our soup has died away....

This season is only 3 games young. I can't even contemplate running the table until much later into the season. Even then I will only look forward to the prospect of being in the playoffs, winning our first game and going deeper with the goal of our team being in the Superbowl.

Zero loss regular season be damned, I say, unless it is the only way we can secure home field advantage. It didn't help us out last year and the Patriots didn't win the Superbowl either because of their exemplary record.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
would lvoe it if it happened, but I think somewhere around 12-4 to 14-2 is more likely, if we stay healthy. This is by far the best division in football and we have alot of tough games left.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
playmakers;2284906 said:

At Pittsburgh
At Washington
At Philly
At Giants

After watching the Pats last year. I dont want any part of that. They lost the most important game on the schedule.

The added pressure. Who needs it. I am totally fine with the Dolphins having the glorious record.

The only record I want is.... first team to win 6 SB's.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We have to many penalties, have games where we make to many mistakes, and play in to tough of a division to go 16-0.

If we do i'll cry.

But first time we lose there is going to be a board meltdown.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have a difficult time seeing us running the table.

I'm not saying it won't happen. :)

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
YoMick;2285004 said:
After watching the Pats last year. I dont want any part of that. They lost the most important game on the schedule.

The added pressure. Who needs it. I am totally fine with the Dolphins having the glorious record.

The only record I want is.... first team to win 6 SB's.

Hola Mick! You are so right. I would not want the honor of going 16-0 in the regular season. Just too much pressure when going into the playoffs. I'll go with silverbear's record of 14-2 and be ecstatic.

Bottom line, the Cowboys need to finish games at the end of December and then throughout January strong! One game at a time.

But I've got to be honest, the thought of that 6th Super Bowl trophy, and being the first team in NFL history to have six sure does like to dance around in my head a lot. That would the icing on the cake.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I could see us going 16-0 if we fix the penalty issue and Romo takes care of his redzone brain farts.

However, toughest game on the schedule, imo, is Philly in the City of Brotherly Love.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
CATCH17;2285040 said:
We have to many penalties, have games where we make to many mistakes, and play in to tough of a division to go 16-0.

If we do i'll cry.

But first time we lose there is going to be a board meltdown.

I agree with all of this but I also see us getting better every week. We are developing other weapons, we are more and more explosive on special teams and most importantly our defense is becoming a shut down defense. I've been critical of our pass rush but the reality is that we are getting pressure (if not sack) fairly regularly. Our cornerbacks (scheme) is getting better. We shut down the vaunted Green bay offense and all their wr weapons. Jennings got yards but the touchdowns never happened and that's what counts. As was pointed out about the Philly game, we essentially spotted them 21 points. That means our defense held philly to 17 points. Even if you give them back 7 that they had to drive 30 yards for that 24 points for Philly. That's not a great number but it's pretty good against McNabb and we got better for GB. I think our defense continuing to improve is THE most important aspect to a superbowl run. Keep developing our offense and special teams and we are a juggernaut! Go Cowboys! :D

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
We will not go undefeated.

And I hope we are not counting on beating an NFL team 3 times in one season again.

jimmy40

Reaction score
playmakers;2284906 said:
and we have most of our tough games out of the way, Looking at our schedule I see only 4 teams that can knock us off our road to 16-0 and they are

At Pittsburgh
At Washington
At Philly
At Giants
Can you explain how most of our tough games are out of the way?

Cleveland = joke, like most of us knew was going to be.
Philly at home= not as tough as on the road
Green Bay= tough road game

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Fletch;2285073 said:
Hola Mick! You are so right. I would not want the honor of going 16-0 in the regular season. Just too much pressure when going into the playoffs. I'll go with silverbear's record of 14-2 and be ecstatic.

Bottom line, the Cowboys need to finish games at the end of December and then throughout January strong! One game at a time.

But I've got to be honest, the thought of that 6th Super Bowl trophy, and being the first team in NFL history to have six sure does like to dance around in my head a lot. That would the icing on the cake.

Hey Fletch!

I would gladly take 10-6 and a WC. Last year was very humbling.