Ok, I'll just throw it out there

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
starfrombirth;2285097 said:
I agree with all of this but I also see us getting better every week. We are developing other weapons, we are more and more explosive on special teams and most importantly our defense is becoming a shut down defense. I've been critical of our pass rush but the reality is that we are getting pressure (if not sack) fairly regularly. Our cornerbacks (scheme) is getting better. We shut down the vaunted Green bay offense and all their wr weapons. Jennings got yards but the touchdowns never happened and that's what counts. As was pointed out about the Philly game, we essentially spotted them 21 points. That means our defense held philly to 17 points. Even if you give them back 7 that they had to drive 30 yards for that 24 points for Philly. That's not a great number but it's pretty good against McNabb and we got better for GB. I think our defense continuing to improve is THE most important aspect to a superbowl run. Keep developing our offense and special teams and we are a juggernaut! Go Cowboys! :D

I agree with everything you said. Especially the getting better as the season goes part.

Even though I believe we are going to be the most talented team everytime we step on the field this year, I just dont think we can go 16-0.

Especially when we get all 16 teams best shot.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Of course the obvious answer is to say it's not likely. But I could very well see us being the favored team for every game here on out. So if you look at every game individually, we're "likely" to win each game.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
YoMick;2285114 said:
Hey Fletch!

I would gladly take 10-6 and a WC. Last year was very humbling.

No doubt. But ya know how it feels from a fan's perspective? This is what I think... It feels like we just watched the Indy Colts who came so close before they actually got over the hump. The Colts were a talented team who just couldn't seem to get it done. Always the bridesmaids (Not trying to steal Bob Lilly's analogy).

We have the talent. Now we just have to put it all together as a team and go and do it. Number 6 is right around the corner.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
CATCH17;2285040 said:
We have to many penalties, have games where we make to many mistakes, and play in to tough of a division to go 16-0.

If we do i'll cry.

But first time we lose there is going to be a board meltdown.
As opposed to when we win? :laugh2:

Champsheart

Reaction score
playmakers;2284906 said:
If we stay healthy and dont lose a key player at a key poistion.......... I think you know what Im hinting at. Keyshawn Johnson hinted at it on Monday Night and we have most of our tough games out of the way, can we make a run at 16-0????? Looking at our schedule I see only 4 teams that can knock us off our road to 16-0 and they are

At Pittsburgh
At Washington
At Philly
At Giants

Our offense is so good that we can flat out suck on defense for a game or two and still win. Personally, I look at our schedule and dont see any hornets nest matchups like last year at Buffalo. I think were beat the Giants twice because of what happened last year and they're not as good as last season. Playing at Washington will be an enmours test. Weird things always happen when we play there.

My question is how many wins do we need under our belt for us to put the watch up? Im not saying were going to go 16-0 nor am I saying were going to go 12-4, Im just saying more than half of our tough games are out of the way and were still undefeated. Just some fun food for thought.

I want no part of 16-0 - I just want the Lombardi -
I think there is just to much pressure regarding a 16-0 season.
And it is way to early to even think about that, way to early. Besides I do not think you will ever see a team go 16-0 out of the NFC East.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I don't think we go 16-0 at all. We are not as good as the Patriots last year and we play in a tough devision with heated rivalries.

I do think it takes 13-3 to win the division and home field advantage- maybe 12-4 does it but I doubt it.

Now, if you put Wes Welker on our team, 16-0 might be possible!!!!

Don Corleone

Reaction score
wayne motley;2285080 said:
I could see us going 16-0 if we fix the penalty issue and Romo takes care of his redzone brain farts.

However, toughest game on the schedule, imo, is Philly in the City of Brotherly Love.

I agree with that being the toughest game for 2 reasons:

(1) They almost always play us tough up there.
(2) It is the last game of the year, and even if we are 15-0, I don't see us risking injury to starters heading into the playoffs if home field and a bye is secure. Bring on 3rd and 4th stringers and let Philly have the game.

The goal is to win the Lombardi trophy. All other records and milestones in the middle are meaningless.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
rkas03;2284940 said:
Honestly I don't think we'll go undefeated, and really don't want to sweep the giants and eagles. More than likely we'll see one of them in the playoff's, and it's an extreme challange to sweep a team 3 times no matter how good we are. Would love to see it , but don't really want to either.

I dont know about this way of seeing it. By this logic since we beat the Eagles, that means the next time we play them it would actually be better to lose to them because it increases our chances of beating them should we face them in the playoffs? I dont know, just doesnt make sense. However, do you ever think it is good that your division foe wins the week before you play them? I often do, like last week I was rooting for the Cards but then shrugged and said, oh its probably better the Skins won, they will be less hungry, less desperate, less in need when they face us this Sunday.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Ummmm...no thanks. I'm not even beginning to entertain this idea at this point. I won't entertain this idea at any point before we're at least 12-0 or 13-0.

Frankly I don't even care about that as long as we're 7-0 down the stretch (meaning we win our final 4 regular season games, the divisional playoff, the NFC title game, and the Superbowl). That's the only undefeated time I really care about.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
I think a loss or two can be a healthy thing...gives teams perspective and motivation. I just hope they can remain motivated to first win a playoff game, then worry about the rest later.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I don't even want to go undefeated....just want enough wins to be the #1 seed in the NFC....don't want to expend the necessary energy to go 16 - 0. Need to establish a rotation that gives Hatcher, Spears, Spencer more reps. Need to integrate Holland. Need to use our young WRs to enusure TO has legs in Januray. Need to let Felix and Choice gain experience and give Barber the proper rest he needs. That Pats, the greates offensive show the NFL has ever seen...scored 14 points in the Super Bowl....they simply ran out of gas and ideas. The went all out to win every game and in the end, no one cares that they won 18 games....all anyone cares about is that they lost 1!!!!!!!!!!

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
The moment we clinch home-field throughout Wade will rest many starters like he did last year

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Can't say going undefeated is a goal of mine. And at 3-0, it's still too early to speculate (which explains why Keyshawn would).

But I'll say this: 6-0 in our division would actually surprise me more than 10-0 against the rest of the NFL. In all honesty, I wouldn't be that shocked to see the latter happen, even though that, too, would be immensely difficult.

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
I don't really care if we go undefeated--sure, it's possible (if we stay healthy and the breaks are even) but not likely--I like how Phillips has got them thinking about each play and practice and just focused on getting better

cowboys2233

Reaction score
playmakers;2284906 said:
If we stay healthy and dont lose a key player at a key poistion.......... I think you know what Im hinting at. Keyshawn Johnson hinted at it on Monday Night and we have most of our tough games out of the way, can we make a run at 16-0?????

The only thing I care about is getting homefield throughout. If we get that with an 11-5 record, fine by me. There is only one end result that is worth anything, a SB win.

History will look back on last year's Patriots and every single thing written will say "They were perfect in the regular season but failed to win a Super Bowl." And since "failed" comes after "perfect" in that sentence, that is truly what people will remember. They will not go down as one of the great team's in the history of the NFL, nothing.

So excuse me if I spit on that notion, why do you make it sound like it's some great accomplishment or worthy of accolades? It really isn't.

Aven8

Reaction score
I'm worried about getting to 4-0. We cannot overlook the skins! There defense has played solid football since the third quarter of the Giants game.

Everson24

Reaction score
jaybird;2284939 said:
Let's just go undefeated in December and January. But 12-0 we can start considering it, but for now let's please win this Sunday. Working in D.C. and being a life long Cowboy fan, man! I hope the team wants this win as bad as I do. Geez I hate the Skins!

That's exactly the way I feel when we play the Steelers. I wish the team hated them as much as I do!