Ok, I'm Convinced we need another WR !

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2310436 said:
Yeah, but TO isn't getting open either......

DUHHHHHHH

He would be getting open if there were any other WRs to command attention on the field. Cmon.. this isn't rocket science.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
Mr Cowboy;2310459 said:
I hope yo are right!

Me too. Seriously, the Lions have no reasonable reason to keep him.

1. He doesn't want to be there.
2. He isn't giving 100% because he doesn't want to be there.
3. The Lions cannot afford to franchise him.
4. They need any help they can get at this point...immediately.
5. They aren't going to the playoffs anyway.

Give him to someone that can use him and help you out at the same time.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
skinsscalper;2310319 said:
It's not too late to offer the floundering Lions some cheddah for Williams.

I think we should see what we can do for him. We do need another WR to loosen up TO.

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
ilovejerry;2310306 said:
You who were screaming to get another Wr this year. I concede You are right I'm wrong I'm sick of watching 1 guy ( T.O ) get taken out of the game with Double coverage and no one else steps up. I had faith in Austin, but him and Romo seem out of sync and that last drive was disgusting letting the ball go thru his hands..and don't get me started on Crayton... So We have T.O and Witt. And a bunch of number 3's.. Lets hope we get another star at WR next year...
Hate to say i told you so. but back this summer i told you people we had to get another bigtime reciever on the other side of owens.or he will keep getting 2 passes a game.we need to be calling teams like the Rams or lions tonight looking for a trade. or this offense will go downhill.we need a proven WR folks.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
ejthedj;2310378 said:
Wrong--Awful Post. This is the least of our worries. Big worries are 1) Romo accuracy and turnovers 2) Defense

If we can improve in those areas, WR don't matter. Guys are open all over the field. Crayton and Austin are better than most team's #3 and 4 options

I feel the same way about our D but lets face it there our week link here. There just not that good, maybe I hope they can pull it together but they give up min 20+ points a game. We need to score and score big. Hence another Wr would aleveiate that problem. Now on Romo, he is what he is.. Int every game a fumble here and there. again we need to score and score big with this team. Only way we get to the promised land with these guys. You see it another way I would love to hear it.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
ejthedj;2310453 said:
What game are you guys watching?!!??

We scored 31 points DESPITE Romo missing people all over the field and giving up two silly turnovers.

We don't need another WR. We need Romo to be accurate. And We Need to grow a Heart and some balls.

Talent is not the problem. You are all delusional.

If he gives up turn overs to a good team ..Goodbye and goodnight...

And Romo is as accurate as its going to get......He is not Aikman. If you think that your Delusional.

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
ilovejerry;2310551 said:
I feel the same way about our D but lets face it there our week link here. There just not that good, maybe I hope they can pull it together but they give up min 20+ points a game. We need to score and score big. Hence another Wr would aleveiate that problem. Now on Romo, he is what he is.. Int every game a fumble here and there. again we need to score and score big with this team. Only way we get to the promised land with these guys. You see it another way I would love to hear it.
Wrong! you cant keep scoring if your WR's cant get open. our starting WR's had 2 catches, and one catch. thats flatout terrible.we have got to make a trade for a WR now.we have the draft picks to do it.Crayton is just not getting it done.yes we have got to get this defense fixed.but it will be a shame to blow another season because you have one proven WR. Jerry better do something now.

lwehlers

Reaction score
ejthedj;2310378 said:
Wrong--Awful Post. This is the least of our worries. Big worries are 1) Romo accuracy and turnovers 2) Defense

If we can improve in those areas, WR don't matter. Guys are open all over the field. Crayton and Austin are better than most team's #3 and 4 options

i do not agree. seems to me that romo does not trust his wrs at all. he is forcing alot of passes to witten because he is only receiver he trusts right now. owens is having a hard time right now with double coverage and it would seem that a wr would be open but crayton and austin cannot beat even single coverage.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2310405 said:
Romo is locking on to TO because no one else (aside from Witten) is getting open. Just had to clear that up... Carry on.

We need to start hitting our backs. Not our FB either.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2310691 said:
We need to start hitting our backs. Not our FB either.

Or Utilize T.O like Philly does Westbrook, ( we did that some but we need to do it more !)

ejthedj

Reaction score
We already have the most talent in the entire LEAGUE, as a whole and on offense especially.

If we can't win with this team, it is not b/c of lacking a WR

I don't think that Romo is not trusting his WR--He is not trusting himself. He has been in a funk since GB. Very inaccurate. And yet we still score 27, 24, and 31 in those three games. You can't ask for much more

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Hostile;2310443 said:
70/30 before the games today.

80/20 now.

Man, I hope you got some contacts or something feeding you this info because I dont see us going very far in the playoffs with just TO, Witten, and a bunch of scrubs.

Man I hope you are correct on this.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I didn't see anyone open....not really sure what people are talking about.

Crayton is a #3...maybe
Austin is a fourth at best
Hurd is not any better than Austin
Stanback is injury prone..don't have a clue about him.

I really think we are looking at the wr group thru rose-coloured glasses.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Rounder;2310372 said:
I must admit I have always liked Crayton and I'm not ready to give up on him. But he is no better than a number 3

I always saw Crayton as a good #3 that cab fill in as a #2 for a limited basis and i like Crayton a lot he is a solid player and a good pick up for a 7th round pick

ilovejerry

Reaction score
Kangaroo;2311053 said:
I always saw Crayton as a good #3 that cab fill in as a #2 for a limited basis and i like Crayton a lot he is a solid player and a good pick up for a 7th round pick

2-3 Whatever.this dude needs to catch the freaking ball in the clutch.. that pass he dropped was big. Again we need to score points and I'm losing what little confidence I have in the receiving corps. From the posts on here I'm not the only one. I'm glad we lost but, dont kid yourself its all about the playoffs.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2310405 said:
Romo is locking on to TO because no one else (aside from Witten) is getting open. Just had to clear that up... Carry on.

You obviously don't actually watch the games. Crayton and Austin are open a lot.

seoulman

Reaction score
A loyal Skins fan here to give you guys my 2 cents. Anyone who's read my previous posts knows that I try to give an honest assessment w/o any Anti-Dallas sentiment.

I don't think Roy Williams is the guy you need as your #2, although I do think you've got to upgrade at that position.

Roy Williams and TO both play a similar role and are suited to being great possession receivers who have run after catch abilities like very few other WRs in the game (I don't think Roy is in TO's class but he's still very good).

You guys were much more dangerous when you had a deep threat like Terry Glenn because it forces defenses to account for the deep ball and play the safety deep. This prevents them from shading the safety closer to the line where TO makes his bread and butter with those short to intermediate routes. A speedster (like Santana Moss or Lee Evans) who can beat guys deep forces the defense to choose where to play the safety. Either they play up close and possibly risk getting burned deep or play back to prevent the big play but let TO work his magic in the middle of the field.

Frankly, I don't think Roy Williams or Anquan Boldin fits the bill.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
starfrombirth;2311578 said:
You obviously don't actually watch the games. Crayton and Austin are open a lot.

Perhaps you can then explain to me why Romo isn't hitting them consistently. I look forward to your insightful explanation.