Ok, I'm Convinced we need another WR !

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
If Crayton goes invisible again in next game I saw put out an APB on him.

Sometimes you gotta give to get... lets give up Crayton and get a Roy Williams.

Give them a 1st, 3rd and Crayton

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
ilovejerry;2310306 said:
You who were screaming to get another Wr this year. I concede You are right I'm wrong I'm sick of watching 1 guy ( T.O ) get taken out of the game with Double coverage and no one else steps up. I had faith in Austin, but him and Romo seem out of sync and that last drive was disgusting letting the ball go thru his hands..and don't get me started on Crayton... So We have T.O and Witt. And a bunch of number 3's.. Lets hope we get another star at WR next year...
the announcers commented about how on (at least) one play, both Witten and Owens were being double-covered.

I like Pat Crayton but IMO he's the weakest link in the passing game. The guy just can't seem to ever get open...that or Romo just refuses to throw to him. I doubt it's the latter so what else could be the reason that, for the most part, Crayton is invisible.

Btw...on the last TD that Crayton caught... 2 guys almost in the same spot... by plan or did they benefit from a screw up? I don't see how both Austin and Crayton could be down in the same area...

TEUFELI

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2311800 said:
Perhaps you can then explain to me why Romo isn't hitting them consistently. I look forward to your insightful explanation.

I think Crayton gets open. I dont know why Tony isnt "clicking" and hitting guys or going through progressions like he used to.??? Wish I did.

Austin has no hands, never has. He has sexy speed, but a WR with inconsistent hands is never a good combo. Hurd has great hands, I think he will add something when he works back into the offense.

How about packaging those extra picks we traded for last yr and trying to move up 15 or so spots for an elite WR next yr. I am torn between Crabtree and Percy Harvin. Crabtree prob better more polished overall WR, but Percy is quite the playmaker with unreal speed. It's fun to dream, but none of this helps us this yr.

ilovejerry

Reaction score
EPL0c0;2311815 said:
the announcers commented about how on (at least) one play, both Witten and Owens were being double-covered.

I like Pat Crayton but IMO he's the weakest link in the passing game. The guy just can't seem to ever get open...that or Romo just refuses to throw to him. I doubt it's the latter so what else could be the reason that, for the most part, Crayton is invisible.

Btw...on the last TD that Crayton caught... 2 guys almost in the same spot... by plan or did they benefit from a screw up? I don't see how both Austin and Crayton could be down in the same area...

He's dropped at least one pass in the last few games and I think it was the green bay game he was thrown to once and he dropped it and that was it. Romo went to Austin, I doesn't matter he is not a threat at all. he's is a number 3 Wr at best. We need serious help at number 2

Yes your right That why I believe Romo has little or no confidence in them he gets in trouble throwing the ball to them either a drop or Int..

ilovejerry

Reaction score
seoulman;2311789 said:
A loyal Skins fan here to give you guys my 2 cents. Anyone who's read my previous posts knows that I try to give an honest assessment w/o any Anti-Dallas sentiment.

I don't think Roy Williams is the guy you need as your #2, although I do think you've got to upgrade at that position.

Roy Williams and TO both play a similar role and are suited to being great possession receivers who have run after catch abilities like very few other WRs in the game (I don't think Roy is in TO's class but he's still very good).

You guys were much more dangerous when you had a deep threat like Terry Glenn because it forces defenses to account for the deep ball and play the safety deep. This prevents them from shading the safety closer to the line where TO makes his bread and butter with those short to intermediate routes. A speedster (like Santana Moss or Lee Evans) who can beat guys deep forces the defense to choose where to play the safety. Either they play up close and possibly risk getting burned deep or play back to prevent the big play but let TO work his magic in the middle of the field.

Frankly, I don't think Roy Williams or Anquan Boldin fits the bill.

Yeah I would like a burner as well. Chad Johnson has the hands and Speed. and plus he is a closet groveling Cowboys fan, who I'm sure is begging Jerry and drew to get him out of Cincinnati. He would be a nice addition but then again he and T.O and the same team would be a bloody circus....

ilovejerry

Reaction score
YoMick;2311805 said:
If Crayton goes invisible again in next game I saw put out an APB on him.

Sometimes you gotta give to get... lets give up Crayton and get a Roy Williams.

Give them a 1st, 3rd and Crayton

If he was only as good as his mouth....:rolleyes:

ilovejerry

Reaction score
You know I want a burner ala Glenn but at this point Ill take anyone who will help