OK I've decided, his nickname is Julius Maximus

notherbob

Reaction score
There, you have it. It's simple, regal, great play on his name and describes his talent - what's not to like?

It just has to be. :D

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
notherbob said:
There, you have it. It's simple, regal, great play on his name and describes his talent - what's not to like?

Not bad. Not bad at all. Beats "JuJo" I think.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
what other football board offers this level of literate and witty banter?

i thank my lucky stars for "the Zone". :bow:

CoCo

Reaction score
FWIW - which admittedly isn't much.

My son dubbed him Julius Jonas Grumby after the skipper on Gilligan's Island. Not an attempt to disrespect our new king but rather just kind of a fun play on words. :grin:

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
I still like mine...

"Indiana Jones"

(Notre Dame, Indiana)

But really, he's just "Julius" in my book. It's just too cool of a name to go screwing it up.

VirusX

Reaction score
JJ, screw the "jerry had that name first" I call him Jerry so ill call Julius JJ

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Why this overpowering need to give Julius a nickname??

Did Emmitt need a nickname?? I think not...

Did Troy need a nickname?? Again, I think not...

Now, if any of y'all can explain to me how a really cool name will help Julius PLAY better, sign me up... until then, I think that Julius will suffice...

StevenOtero

Reaction score
notherbob said:

How bout JJ
Or how bout The Future
or the Next Gen
or......lol somethin that has to do with the future.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
silverbear said:
Why this overpowering need to give Julius a nickname??

Did Emmitt need a nickname?? I think not...

Did Troy need a nickname?? Again, I think not...

Now, if any of y'all can explain to me how a really cool name will help Julius PLAY better, sign me up... until then, I think that Julius will suffice...
Never liked Berman and his nicknames. Don't care what they call him as long as they speak in reverent tones about his talent.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Never liked Berman and his nicknames. Don't care what they call him as long as they speak in reverent tones about his talent.

You didn't like Jim "Two Silhouettes On" Deshaies??

Every once in a while, Berman would come up with a good one, but most of 'em were uncommonly lame...

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Just Julius is fine with me. It's a cool first name to begin with. Let the accolades and nicknames come later after he carves his nitch with the Dallas Cowboys.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
I don't mind it. Anything but "JuJo". I cringe when I see that. JuJo sounds like a ****z Zu that eats dogfood out of a crystal bowl and wears a diamond collar.

Ashwynn

Reaction score
silverbear said:
You didn't like Jim "Two Silhouettes On" Deshaies??

Every once in a while, Berman would come up with a good one, but most of 'em were uncommonly lame...

One of my favortite bermanisms is regarding another favorite player of mine. Jeff "brown paper" Bagwell.

Trophy#6

Reaction score
If it's going to have a Roman flavor, not Maximus. Lets all remember Maximus was killed by Ceasars lacky, Marc Antony. And what's with the mixing of names.. if he's Julius, he has to be Ceasar, period.

But scr*w the play on his name, give him something cool like "nighttrain" or something. Why does he have to be a Ju or a Jo something? Was Irvin called Swirvin Irvin....no, he was the "PLAYMAKER".

These insane plays on players names would be like if we called Aikman the "Aiky Breaky Super Bowl Makey"....gay. If the movie "Troy" had just come out, like the TV show "Empire" just came out, we probably would have been calling him Trojan Troy...now if he had only gone to USC rather then UCLA we could play the "what if" game this board is so famous for and go back in time and pretend.

Thread Title: What would Troys Nic been if the TV Show "Empire" had been around in 94' and Agamemnon was our coach? lol.

God, when the hell is the season going to start...

jsond

Reaction score
agreed, why so many feel he needs a nickname I don't know. JJ is ok and a few others sound fine but I like just Julius for now. But one thing is for sure: Jujo = gayest nickname evar.