News: OK: The Release Of Jaylon Smith Continues To Be The Hot Dallas Cowboy Rumor

kskboys

Reaction score
-------When Notre Dame faced Ohio State...that was all they talked about. How high Jaylon would go. I remember it well.

ND VS OSU.....boy, there's a game where its tough choosing someone to root for.
Now that is a fact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
-------When Notre Dame faced Ohio State...that was all they talked about. How high Jaylon would go. I remember it well.

ND VS OSU.....boy, there's a game where its tough choosing someone to root for.

Ah we got us a 'bama fan here.

Still so sore? Tsk tsk.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Now that is a fact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What makes you hate Ohio State? Got yer arse whipped THAT much? :facepalm:

(Sorry...just don;t get why people hate Ohio State so much. Can;t figure out what makes them so unlikeable unless your a Michigan fan...or 'bama fan that can;t forgive them for that arse whipping zeke and co put on them.) )

Ryan Day is a good enough guy to abate yer hate.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Before Jaylon's gruesome injury, they were rated around the same area. Neither was appreciably higher or lower than the other.

Taking Jaylon over Jack was beyond dumb simply because not only was Jaylon going to be out for the next season and questionable thereafter, it was highly debatable whether he'd ever be effective. Miles had knee issues, that's it.

Jaylon is the type of player you take in the 4th to see if he can heal. Using a high 2nd on him was beyond foolish.

Miles Jack is considered by many to be the best 4-3 OLB in the NFL.

That’s how I remember it. They made a mistake, hindsight is 20/20 or we’d have Jack and TJ Watt with Parsons.

RoboQB

Reaction score

Jaylon had the 2nd most tackles in the whole NFL last season in 2020.

Yes, let's spread rumors of the Cowboys planning to get rid of Jaylon. :facepalm:

Tackle stats are right up there with punting yardage stats.
Jaylon Smith will most definitely be gone after this season.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If Jaylon ends up in the top 2-3 team leaders in tackles this season, the Cowboys might want to keep him if he will be willing to restructure his current contract.

RoboQB

Reaction score
If Jaylon ends up in the top 2-3 team leaders in tackles this season, the Cowboys might want to keep him if he will be willing to restructure his current contract.

If his game film looks the same this year as it did last year, he will be cut.

Tackle stats are far less important than allowing the opposing team's TE
run wide open down the middle of the field. Maybe he'll do better this year.

terra

Reaction score
Before Jaylon's gruesome injury, they were rated around the same area. Neither was appreciably higher or lower than the other.

Taking Jaylon over Jack was beyond dumb simply because not only was Jaylon going to be out for the next season and questionable thereafter, it was highly debatable whether he'd ever be effective. Miles had knee issues, that's it.

Jaylon is the type of player you take in the 4th to see if he can heal. Using a high 2nd on him was beyond foolish.

Miles Jack is considered by many to be the best 4-3 OLB in the NFL.
Wrong. Pre injury none of the draft sites had Jack as high.

Mannix

Reaction score
--------Sorry...just don;t get why people hate Ohio State so much.

You have an hour?

eromeopolk

Reaction score
The issue is who do you have on the roster better at SLB or MLB than Jaylon Smith? Cox is a pure WLB/ROLB and Micah is a MLB/DE/SLB/LOLB. I do not see the Cowboys playing 2 rookies at LB in 2021.

basel90

Reaction score
https://www.outkick.com/jaylon-smith-cowboys-dallas-dak-prescott/

"Sweet baby Jesus, please send us a team dumb enough to trade for this clown."

-Rickey Bobby
Jerry thought he was smart drafting jaylon due to the fact his team doctor knew of the condition of jaylon’s injury . Jerry thought he had inside knowledge about the nerve damage and as usual took a risk . It failed . Another wasted draft . Jerry has to trust his staff and especially if Quinn fixes this defense , which I am optimistic he can if left alone to make the necessary decisions.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The issue is who do you have on the roster better at SLB or MLB than Jaylon Smith? Cox is a pure WLB/ROLB and Micah is a MLB/DE/SLB/LOLB. I do not see the Cowboys playing 2 rookies at LB in 2021.
Bingo!

:hammer:

People should think about what you said before being so quick to want to get rid of Jaylon Smith.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
I swear the people who rattle off his tackle numbers do NOT watch the game and most definitely do not review film. I try to shy away from attacking another Cowboys fan football intelligence...but some of these people expose themselves. It is clear all they do is look at the box score after the game. Because they show zero evidence of WATCHING the game...or they do not know what they are looking at if they are watching!