Ok, what's the damage?

ethiostar

Reaction score
I think i might have blocked out the entire day becasue i don't remember. My wife told me that i got up from the couch after the game, went to the bed room and laid down in fetal position and cried myself to sleep. At least that's what she tells me:D

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
I didn't do anything other than grab my cowboys coat and hat and went to the store and bought me a another pack of cigarettes. Because I did smoke abit more than usual.

It may have been a loss but 12-2 still isn't bad and the one game we needed to win verses the Packers we did. So we still are in the driver's seat and we control our own destiny.

To be honest I am more worried about the injuries than the loss.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Yeah 12-2 is part of the reason I didn't feel so upset about this loss. I do feel very uneasy that we are not dominate this late in the season though.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I swear at the TV a lot. This was one of those games it was clear from the beginning Romo was off the reservation. Thumb really had nothing to do with it. I was depressed all game and fully expected to fritter a win away.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
As I prepared for bed I thought about the game, farted, scratched my ***, and went to sleep.

For some strange reason, my wife wasn't feeling the least big frisky at that point.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Only my vocal cords were damaged. I've mellowed over the years, too many Mondays spent repairing walls, cleaning carpets, wondering how to repair couches, etc.

VietCowboy

Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.
Reaction score
i was asleep for the 3rd quarter (hoping for a 15 minute halftime nap, turned into more, lol) so can't say I ever got into being pissed. I'm usually not anyways, because even if we are down by 21 points, I would always hold out hope with 5 minutes left to play that we will win. when it is 00:00 and we lose, then well....I do something that makes me happy, which is SHOPPING! I think I walked over 4 hours yesterday, tired but happy.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
CalCBFan;1840940 said:
No, I usually just subject my elderly (93) fathere to a string of unbelievably profane, f-bomb laced outbursts. But yesterday I knew the Cowboys were going to lose about half way through the 1st Q. Andy Reid is the best coach in the NFL behind Belichick, and Jim johnson knows more about Defense than Wade does I'm afraid. Guys like this have a way of taking away your last second miracles. And unless we get a better 2ndary before Kolb gets his "game legs" Andy is right: They will be taking the crown back from us...
Please let us know how it is straddling Andy's sweaty jock.

Actually nevermind, that would be a disservice :ralph:

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
I was calm. It's a loss. I hate it and am not really happy for the rest of the week until the next game, but do realize it does happen from time to time.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
I punched a (drywall) wall back in 1989-1990 I think, over a Cowboy game. I hit a stud and broke my right wrist and two bones in my hand. It was one of those things that, the instant I did it, I wished it was 5 seconds ago.........
Stupid thing was, was that my heavy bag was less than 15 steps away hanging in the carport!! I was about 30 yrs. old then, it took almost a year for the pain to become bearable. It still cracks and pops, and hurts like the dickens if I overwork it. So I have this wrist problem the rest of my life all because of bad call in a Cowboy game. It's a good match with the "Star" tattoo as a "memento for life" of my undying fandom of the Dallas Cowboys I guess.
Ever since then, I've never even been tempted to pull a boner like that ever again. Nowadays, I just curse and scream profanities. My office and shop is the first floor of my house, and of course I have the TV piped into my office. But my wife and kids upstairs can hear most everything because it gets REAL loud down here, for the good OR the bad. Probably louder for the bad. Like yesterday. Those are the days that no one comes down stairs to "hang with dad" during the game. The wife of 15 years knows when to keep the kiddies up there. Then, the rest of the day, there's usually a stifling and eerie silence about the house and everyone walking on eggs around me. I don't go off on THEM, they haven't done anything wrong. They just know that for the rest of the day, the only conversation I offer are short, one word answers...........

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I just shook my head saying "oh no Romo, you killed us" after his errant throw to Brian Dawkins

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Nah, I was very disappointed but I wan't pissed, knowing that they cannot win every game. To me, this game had very little impact on the team standing, we are still in the driver's seat for HFA, so I gotten over it pretty quick.

Everson24

Reaction score
I remember bruising my hand really bad punching my recliner after Broderick Thomas sacked and forced an Aikman fumble in a 1994 Monday night loss to the Lions. I thought those chairs had more padding in the arms. It was my version of going Gus Ferrotte.

I also punched the stuffing out of a decorative bear my Mom had sitting beside the TV on thanksgiving day 1993 after the Dolphins made the second kick after the Leon Lett fiasco.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
It was typical of the last couple of weeks, I wasn't surprised at all, it was due. I was more frustrated earlier in the game when Barber's sitting there ready to bruise someone and they wouldn't even give him the chance.

That made me want to break my keyboard.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1841619 said:
LOL ever seen Don't Be A Menace?

to south central while drinking your juice in the hood? b/c if thats what you are talking about i've seen bits and pieces, and have no idea why it would be relevant :laugh2:

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
It's only a game that millionaires play. It took me most of my forty four years to get it, but I get it. The players don't lose near as much sleep as the fans do after a bad game.

The players don't hate other teams like us fans do.
Most players get a kick out of fans like the Eagles fans.

Hell, if they aren't losing sleep I shouldn't either.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Future;1841660 said:
to south central while drinking your juice in the hood? b/c if thats what you are talking about i've seen bits and pieces, and have no idea why it would be relevant :laugh2:
the relevant part is when the main dude comes home after being assaulted by Bernie Mac, the cop, "I hate my gums, cuz they are black!", the spoof of the Boys N Tha Hood scene where Cuba Gooding Jr. comes home after getting stopped by the self-loathing, black cop, punching the air, only in DBAM, he punches the air, but ends up hitting all the little kids in the house lol

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1841701 said:
the relevant part is when the main dude comes home after being assaulted by Bernie Mac, the cop, "I hate my gums, cuz they are black!", the spoof of the Boys N Tha Hood scene where Cuba Gooding Jr. comes home after getting stopped by the self-loathing, black cop, punching the air, only in DBAM, he punches the air, but ends up hitting all the little kids in the house lol

hahaha, i wish i had seen it...i'm gonna have to look it up