***Oklahoma vs Oregon game thread****

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
No problem....

Although they are punting , it looks as if OKLA is very much in control of this game....

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
rhett bomar is going to be in the intensive care unit if he takes 3 more shots.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Natedawg44 said:
If this game is any indication Texas is going to beat the hell out of USC
That is another animal all together. But I'll have my fingers crossed!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cbz40 said:
Bomar is one tough cookie
That kid has taken a beating. No way he stays healthy through 16 games in the NFL taking shots like that all day.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Yeah, they may be without their starting QB but I have not been impressed with their defense which was highly touted.

OU is really creaming up now.

You can tell they are nervous by the way the are playing. Should have been illegal motion with the QB and the back moving at the same time.

Defenders running into each other.

Stoops would have never fell for that fake field goal attempt in the past.

You gotta start questioning this guy...

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
OU defenders are looking like some of the Cowboys linebackers in the Carolina game...lots of missed tackles.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
OU defenders are looking like some of the Cowboys linebackers in the Carolina game...lots of missed tackles.

Yeah , but #24 for Oregon looks a little lie MB3... HUh?

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Texas better celebrate this year because the Sooner could be really strong next year.

- Mike G.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Let me say this. This "soft" Big 12 stuff was always silly but the bowl season is exposing just how silly. The Big 12 has now gone 3-1 with 3 of the teams facing ranked competition while being unranked. The one game where they were favored they won by 30.

The 1 loss was by a Colorado team with no coach and came against a ranked opponent losing by only 9.

USC is very good but any thought the Pac-10 was severely tougher was completely wacky. No conference is recruiting as well as the Big 12 and while teams like Nebraska and OU are playing way too many kids the talent is top notch and the teams got better as the season wore on.

Man OU is gonna be tough next year late and especially the season after that. Rhett Bomar is a tough kid with a willingess to take shots and a good arm to go with solid speed. He has 3 rookie WRs and OU is playing so many kids right now. AD getting healthy and having a better OL could make them really really tough.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
leonargized said:
Thanks Adam,
Wasn't just the name .
He kind of has his actions and such.....
Considering they showed his face there really was zero doubt. His hair is much lighter but they could pass for twins.

ddh33

Reaction score
OU is going to be good soon. Right now, they are still finding their way...and yet, they beat the #5 team in the nation, while practically gift-wrapping the game for them at times.

Bomar definitely has a bright future. I love his toughness. Now, he just needs to add sensibility to it.

Peterson is the best back in college football right now, with all due respect to Reggie Bush. I think Peterson runs harder, hits the hole faster, and is stronger when it comes to breaking tackles. I hate the punishment he takes, but I think he's going to be a great pro.

The defense is young and has been missing it's best two defensive ends basically all season. They were also missing a couple of corners for the season.

Cowboy Junkie

leonargized
Reaction score
jterrell said:
Considering they showed his face there really was zero doubt. His hair is much lighter but they could pass for twins.

I did not see when they showed his face...
I was doing 100 things while the game was on in the background....