Oklahoma....

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Dallas said:
Kiddo? Haha come on! Your crackin me up. Daddy!

Notre Dame fan this week huh? They were impressive over Michigan. You always jump on winning team wagons? Were you not on the Philly wagon last year?

My dad is from South Bend. I've ALWAYS been a Notre Dame fan.

Again, you accuse me of being a 3rd grader, yet you resort to calling me a bandwagoner.

Practice what you preach and quit acting like a little kid. Ask Hos how long I've been a ND fan. Or JDSmith.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Rack said:
My dad is from South Bend. I've ALWAYS been a Notre Dame fan.

Again, you accuse me of being a 3rd grader, yet you resort to calling me a bandwagoner.

Practice what you preach and quit acting like a little kid. Ask Hos how long I've been a ND fan. Or JDSmith.

Dont get so upset. I just find it funny that ND beats Michigan and all of the sudden you are a ND fan. Was just news to me. Sorry. :confused:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I'm not upset. I've been a ND fan since I was a little kid. I've pointed that out here several times. And them beathing Michigan is nothing new. They own Michigan sort of like the Cowboys own the skins.

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
Dallas said:
Do you even know what Oklahoma is having to do this year? That O is almost completely having to retool. The OL is just about brand new. They have to come together and learn.

You act like this is the same Oklahoma team that was there last year. Get real. They lost 9 players from last year to the NFL draft.

I live in Oklahoma city and until two weeks ago all the OU fans were saying it'll be the same success. Their biggest concern was how the punter would do.

I'm figuring OU will improve as the season goes along but if they don't they'll be lucky to win one Big 12 game.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
NorthTexan95 said:
I live in Oklahoma city and until two weeks ago all the OU fans were saying it'll be the same success. Their biggest concern was how the punter would do.

I'm figuring OU will improve as the season goes along but if they don't they'll be lucky to win one Big 12 game.

How the punter would do? What kind of OU fans are they. The punter?

We have 2 new QB's and a completely retooled OL and new WR and almost all new faces on the DL....wow...and they are only worried about the punter.

Great!

royhitshard

Reaction score
NorthTexan95 said:

Ya, I am not sure what kinda OU fans you are listening to, or what papers they are reading, but the punter is the least of our worries. It is going to be a long year if we can't throw the ball. We lost a ton of great players and it shows. But you might make sure they were OU fans, because all the talk has been about the OL and QB position...and rightfully so. Texas may win this year, but don't get used to it.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Texas/OU runs in cycles. Always has. From 1989 to 1999, Texas was 8-2-1 against OU with something like 3 or 4 in a row before OUs current 5 game streak. It's always been this way.

When Texas is on the wrong side of this deal, you OU boys put it too us pretty hard. Deservidly so. That's why it's a rivalry. Now, looks like the tables might be turning. Game hasn't been played yet but OU looks like crap so I think there might be a good chance.

You guys have been good for a long time. Owned the Big12 the last few years. It's your turn. My advice, shut and take it. You give it out in generous portions when you have the upper hand. That's the way it should be. Wouldn't have it any other way. I understand your depleated and have had lots of guys leave to coach other programs. Lots of players graduate or get drafted. That's what happens when your good. Don't give excuses. You don't need to. It's just your turn now is all.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Texas/OU runs in cycles. Always has. From 1989 to 1999, Texas was 8-2-1 against OU with something like 3 or 4 in a row before OUs current 5 game streak. It's always been this way.

When Texas is on the wrong side of this deal, you OU boys put it too us pretty hard. Deservidly so. That's why it's a rivalry. Now, looks like the tables might be turning. Game hasn't been played yet but OU looks like crap so I think there might be a good chance.

You guys have been good for a long time. Owned the Big12 the last few years. It's your turn. My advice, shut and take it. You give it out in generous portions when you have the upper hand. That's the way it should be. Wouldn't have it any other way. I understand your depleated and have had lots of guys leave to coach other programs. Lots of players graduate or get drafted. That's what happens when your good. Don't give excuses. You don't need to. It's just your turn now is all.

What a load of crock. I have never read so much crap. Shut up and take it? Nobody called Texas out. I know most Sooner fans on this board and by and large we are stand up folks. We might have some swagger but in the past 3 years ive been around the boards Ive not seen the Sooners come in and dump on Texas before a RRS game or even after. Only when Texas fans get insulting (and there are some here) does it get heated.

HeavyHitter used to push OU over Texas alot and stick you in the eye w/ some rants but none of us Sooner fans did.

Why dont you shut up and let the game be played first eh? Just a thought. Dont come calling fans out bro. Big mistake. HUGE!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dallas said:
What a load of crock. I have never read so much crap. Shut up and take it? Nobody called Texas out. I know most Sooner fans on this board and by and large we are stand up folks. We might have some swagger but in the past 3 years ive been around the boards Ive not seen the Sooners come in and dump on Texas before a RRS game or even after. Only when Texas fans get insulting (and there are some here) does it get heated.

HeavyHitter used to push OU over Texas alot and stick you in the eye w/ some rants but none of us Sooner fans did.

Why dont you shut up and let the game be played first eh? Just a thought. Dont come calling fans out bro. Big mistake. HUGE!

Whatever man. You and I have done this before so I'm less then convinced that you are the injured party here.

Bottom line, your team is what it is. You can shut up and take it or you can complain about it and then shut up and take it.

"Big Mistake Bro". Sure, whatever you say. What are you gonna do about it? Nothing. I was pretty stand up about this thing, I thought. The fact that you take offense says everything.

I'm content to wait for the game. If you can't see what I'm trying to say to you, that's your problem. I might add, typical.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Whatever man. You and I have done this before so I'm less then convinced that you are the injured party here.

Bottom line, your team is what it is. You can shut up and take it or you can complain about it and then shut up and take it.

"Big Mistake Bro". Sure, whatever you say. What are you gonna do about it? Nothing. I was pretty stand up about this thing, I thought. The fact that you take offense says everything.

I'm content to wait for the game. If you can't see what I'm trying to say to you, that's your problem. I might add, typical.

Exactly. Wait for the game before poppin off. Stand up about it? hmm

Shut up and take it? Yah...REAL STAND UP. :rolleyes:

Not my problem. Im just pointing out the obvious. Dont tell a fan to shut up and take it. I would hope that would put a burr under any fans blanket be there Sooner fan or Horn fan.

One last thing before I go. You dont see any Sooner fans here complaining about the rebuilding in Oklahoma. They see it and they know its being addressed. I dont see any cry babies.

Let the game be played first before anointing yourselves Big 12 champs. Lots of football left.

I dont remember ever doing anything before w/ you about OU/Texas. I didnt even know you were a horns fan to be honest. Then again - I dont keep tabs on just anyone.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dallas said:
Exactly. Wait for the game before poppin off. Stand up about it? hmm

Shut up and take it? Yah...REAL STAND UP. :rolleyes:

Not my problem. Im just pointing out the obvious. Dont tell a fan to shut up and take it. I would hope that would put a burr under any fans blanket be there Sooner fan or Horn fan.

One last thing before I go. You dont see any Sooner fans here complaining about the rebuilding in Oklahoma. They see it and they know its being addressed. I dont see any cry babies.

Let the game be played first before anointing yourselves Big 12 champs. Lots of football left.

I dont remember ever doing anything before w/ you about OU/Texas. I didnt even know you were a horns fan to be honest. Then again - I dont keep tabs on just anyone.

You and I discussed this at the Update, I believe. My user name on that board was 52Stack. I'm a stand up guy. My team has lost for 5 years. You get pissed cause my advise to you or any OU fan is shut up and take it? I suppose I could have said "Obstain." Maybe, be quite. Perhaps be silent is better?

I said some good things in my original post about OU. You choose to ignore them and hang your hat on "Shut up and take it." That's up to you.

The fact of the matter is this that your team looks poor. You've already lost a game and from the looks of things, it won't be the last one. None of this is my fault but your pissed about it. You contributed your fair share in this thread early on. I understand but doesn't change anything. The problem here is that your pissed and you don't like it. OK. I could have said, stop your *****ing and Moaning. I could have said a lot of things. I didn't. How bout Cowboy up? Is that better for you?

You made the following statement.

"Do you even know what Oklahoma is having to do this year? That O is almost completely having to retool. The OL is just about brand new. They have to come together and learn.

You act like this is the same Oklahoma team that was there last year. Get real. They lost 9 players from last year to the NFL draft."

Sorry but this sounds an awful lot like excuse, regardless of wheather you ment it to or not.. OU doesn't need to make excuses. This is what happens to good teams. Suck it up. Your football team will.

You may veiw me as "Just Anyone" but if you take the time to re-read my post, you will see that I was trying to give your team it's due. I don't like OU but I can give them there just due. OU has been a great great football program these past few years. IMO, a much better football team than the example you are setting right now. Of course, not "Just Anyone" is saying that. A Longhorn fan is trying to tell you what should be staring you smack in the face.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Your right. I hung my hat on Shut up and take it. It irritated me. I chose to respond in kind.

Im not making excuses for Oklahoma. I knew going into this year that we were rebuilding and there will be growing pains. I am not however willing to roll over and die and just hand UT some Big 12 title. You post like its a given your team will run the gambit. Thats fine and good.

I have re-read your post 2x now. I still get the feeling you are preaching to us Sooner fans. The shut up and take it was pretty uncalled for I thought. The Sooner fans on this board follow its team very closely like all fans do. To be honest..

Your not telling a soul here what we already do not know about Oklahoma.

You can run around explaining yourself all you want. I never did get that you were giving OU props for anything this year. All I got was "shut up and take it." You are correct.

I might have posted something like....

It will be a tough road this year for OU. They are obviously in a rebuild mode. The fans seem to understand that around here. I hope for a fun-competitive game come RRS time.

One last thing =)

I dont need a LongHorn fan to tell me anything that I dont already know about Oklahoma.

But uh.... Thanks for the try.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dallas said:
Your right. I hung my hat on Shut up and take it. It irritated me. I chose to respond in kind.

Im not making excuses for Oklahoma. I knew going into this year that we were rebuilding and there will be growing pains. I am not however willing to roll over and die and just hand UT some Big 12 title. You post like its a given your team will run the gambit. Thats fine and good.

I have re-read your post 2x now. I still get the feeling you are preaching to us Sooner fans. The shut up and take it was pretty uncalled for I thought. The Sooner fans on this board follow its team very closely like all fans do. To be honest..

Your not telling a soul here what we already do not know about Oklahoma.

You can run around explaining yourself all you want. I never did get that you were giving OU props for anything this year. All I got was "shut up and take it." You are correct.

I might have posted something like....

It will be a tough road this year for OU. They are obviously in a rebuild mode. The fans seem to understand that around here. I hope for a fun-competitive game come RRS time.

One last thing =)

I dont need a LongHorn fan to tell me anything that I dont already know about Oklahoma.

But uh.... Thanks for the try.

Perhaps. But, after 5 years of lossing, maybe I figure that gives me a unique perspective on preaching. Bottom line, it has been a hard 5 years for us Horns fans. In those 5 years, I can honestly say that when we lost, I shut up and took it. I tipped my hat to OU because they deserved it.

No where in my posts did I predict a victory in the Red River War. If your asking me what I think, I'll tell ya, but we haven't earned the right to say anything about that game just yet.

One thing is sure, come Oct. 8th, one of us will have to shut up and take it and one of us will have the option to rub it in a little bit. I will tell you now that if we lose, I will suck it up. If we win, I won't rub your nose in it. I won't need to but, it will be interesting to see just how magnanamous you will be twords Texas.

Less then a month away. We will see what happens.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Ill tell you straight up if it was a good game even if OU loses. Ill say OU stunk it up if they do stink it up.

You might not know this about me but I tend to take out my own trash when the need arises.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dallas said:
Ill tell you straight up if it was a good game even if OU loses. Ill say OU stunk it up if they do stink it up.

You might not know this about me but I tend to take out my own trash when the need arises.

Which is why I was surprised that you took such offense on my post. Honestly, to me, it was simply a matter of fact kind of view. I'll grant you, it's my view of the situation, but it doesn't make it any less valid.

Come Oct. we'll see what there is to see.

NickZepp

Reaction score
First of all Tulsa is a lot better then TCU.

That being said. This OU team isn't very good. I still think we beat Texas and Baylor outside of that I'm not sure if they win a game. I think we probably beat UCLA too, but that's not certainty. This is a very bad OU team and I think if OU wins 4 or 5 games like I'm predicting Bob Stoops SHOULD be fired.