OL Formal Visits at Combine

cnuball21

Reaction score
eh I'm not sold it is. Barton makes more sense with position flex. I think Dallas moves Tyler Smith to LT plugs Bass in at LG and looks to replace C in the draft, they have met formally with Van Pran and Barton so far, Im sure more will be announced.

It all makes sense now the late 1st round talent WR and Corners getting such heavy focus at combine.
I hate the idea of moving an All Pro but they might have forced themselves into it. The most Cowboys thing ever.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
I would try to get Tyron signed for another year and not have to start a rookie LT. Work him in slowly.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
I hate the idea of moving an All Pro but they might have forced themselves into it. The most Cowboys thing ever.
Same here. This is definitely their thinking though. Three options, I think.

Luck into one of the top OTs at our pick and Tyler stays at guard where he belongs. Pick one of the second tier OTs with ability to flex to guard and him and Tyler play musical chairs at LT and LG until one sticks. Or simply move Tyler to LT and start Bass at LG.

Of course, that all makes sense and each could be an OK option. The problem is putting ourselves in this position to absolutely need a T in rd 1 when we have other needs, or could simply pick the best player regardless of position. Do we miss on another opportunity to get a Ceedee Lamb? Too early to say but obviously more likely the more needs we create in the off-season.

cnuball21

Reaction score

Luck into one of the top OTs at our pick and Tyler stays at guard where he belongs. Pick one of the second tier OTs with ability to flex to guard and him and Tyler play musical chairs at LT and LG until one sticks. Or simply move Tyler to LT and start Bass at LG.

Of course, that all makes sense and each could be an OK option. The problem is putting ourselves in this position to absolutely need a T in rd 1 when we have other needs, or could simply pick the best player regardless of position. Do we miss on another opportunity to get a Ceedee Lamb? Too early to say but obviously more likely the more needs we create in the off-season.
Probably right.

I can feel a top 20 pick sliding and we’re going to have to pass and force the need pick unfortunately. Maybe OT is the player that slides.

1942willys

Reaction score

NO team ever picks best player regardless of position. Now and then a really big one falls and you might grab him but that is incredibly rare. USUALLY what happens when someone like that falls and you do not need or really want him you trade.

Malhavoc

Reaction score
We’re going to find out how highly this staff thinks about Bass and Richards. How they view them could factor into their decision

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
We’re going to find out how highly this staff thinks about Bass and Richards. How they view them could factor into their decision
I’m probably jaded but I can already hear Jerry/Stephen during the post draft presser explaining their overly optimistic evaluations of Bass and Richards as the reasons why they passed on quality OL in the draft.

reddyuta

Reaction score
OL still my no 1 choice in the first rd,we may even drop down get a extra 4th RD pick and pick up someone like Barton.

Carson

Reaction score
I’m probably jaded but I can already hear Jerry/Stephen during the post draft presser explaining their overly optimistic evaluations of Bass and Richards as the reasons why they passed on quality OL in the draft.
Exactly.

”Uhh we felt uhh that a tight end uhh would help uhh us run the uhh ball better. We uhh didn’t uhh feel the need uhh to upgrade uhh the offensive line. We uhh believe that Wally what’s his uhh name and Little uhh Richards are future hall of famers. So we uhh felt like uhh upgrading the uhh 3rd Tight end in round one.”