Twitter: OL Matt Waletzko and CB Nahshon Wright are eligible to come off IR on Monday

CCBoy

Reaction score
Think they are just trying to get a younger injury risk for a left tackle? :muttley:

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I admit that I am not familiar with the workings of the NFL's injury list to practice squad rules, waivers and activations

Can Cowboys chose to keep them per short term IR ( 6 games?) or could Cowboys waive them and add them to their
practice squad - without another NFL team picking them up off waivers wire ?

Or is it only certain " veteran' players with vested years could be eligible for such a protected move ?
They would have to pass through waivers and could both be claimed. But we can keep them on short-term IR for a while before having to make a decision on whether to IR them for the season or waive them.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I really Wally would stay healthy. I'd love to see what he could do.

He could be a solid player given the chance to put it all together instead of healing and rehab.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He actually took some positive steps forward and has potential to be a swing tackle candidate. The problem is he keeps getting these shoulder injuries.
In one of the preseason games, he was visibly favoring one shoulder. Then he injured the other shoulder during that game...

Maybe he can wear one of those rubber bench press shirts...