Twitter: OL Matt Waletzko and CB Nahshon Wright are eligible to come off IR on Monday

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Waletzko apparenty has the arthritic shoulders of an 86 year old grandmother

old-lady-fall.gif

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He actually took some positive steps forward and has potential to be a swing tackle candidate. The problem is he keeps getting these shoulder injuries.
Great. A project OT with a bum shoulder. I feel much better now.

John813

Reaction score
Curious if the team will activate them as soon as possible or they don't mind that both don't need to activated right away?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Have more faith in my bum shoulder W than the former 1st round center bust we just desperately aquired.

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
Wonder who gets cut when these two are ready to return? Eric Scott? Jalen Brooks?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
So who are the Cowboys cutting to get these guys on the 53 if they so choose?

If you go by the players who have been on the inactive list through three weeks as a hint than both Eric Scott and Viliami Fehoku might be on shaky ground.
That's why I don't think either will come off Monday.

I think at this point that we would rely on Edoga, Tyler Smith and Richards at tackle before Waletzko. And I don't think we want to risk Scott to waivers unless we have to.

blueblood70

Reaction score
So who are the Cowboys cutting to get these guys on the 53 if they so choose?

If you go by the players who have been on the inactive list through three weeks as a hint than both Eric Scott and Viliami Fehoku might be on shaky ground.
You probably don't have to cut anybody off the official roster you cut a couple players off the practice squad to make room for the other two that are now on the team roster to be moved down to the practice squad... It's more shuffling and churning the bottom of the roster just like all teams have to do...

quickccc

Reaction score
Yeh .. "eligible " . but I'm not looking forward, nor confident that either one being an immediate productive contributor.
They seem like mere JAGs.

Matt Waletzko seems always hurt, (soft?) .. and Wright has not made the expected impression
since being picked in 3rd rd. (a bust reach?)

I wish more that we could find a way to keep 'em on practice squad reserve, until the injury depth numbers become
worrisome and problematic. .... yep, just for the sake of having mere bodies that are famiilar with our O/D systems.

quickccc

Reaction score
That's why I don't think either will come off Monday.

I think at this point that we would rely on Edoga, Tyler Smith and Richards at tackle before Waletzko. And I don't think we want to risk Scott to waivers unless we have to.
I admit that I am not familiar with the workings of the NFL's injury list to practice squad rules, waivers and activations

Can Cowboys chose to keep them per short term IR ( 6 games?) or could Cowboys waive them and add them to their
practice squad - without another NFL team picking them up off waivers wire ?

Or is it only certain " veteran' players with vested years could be eligible for such a protected move ?

quickccc

Reaction score
I doubt they cut anybody. They will IR 1-2 players. Somebody like Fehoko and Richards
Why would it be Richards, as promising and athletic as he is, to risk cutting him ?

Fehoko is a draft pick (4th rd) and a rookie. They are not gonna give up on a draft pick his rookie year
and cut him in less than one year.
This will be very likely be a " red shirt " inactive game day year for him, imo.

Carson

Reaction score
Why would it be Richards, as promising and athletic as he is, to risk cutting him ?

Fehoko is a draft pick (4th rd) and a rookie. They are not gonna give up on a draft pick his rookie year
and cut him in less than one year.
This will be very likely be a " red shirt " inactive game day year for him, imo.
If you IR them for 4 games you don’t risk them being cut.

Same with Fehoko. Short term IR if we need the spot.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Neither Waletzko or Wright have shown a need to activated them from IR.

quickccc

Reaction score
If you IR them for 4 games you don’t risk them being cut.

Same with Fehoko. Short term IR if we need the spot.
I have to assume you're referring to Wright and Waletsko with IR' ing them for 4 games ? ( short term IR)

And Fehoko is not even listed on the injury list.
So you're gonna fake like he has some kind of injury, warranted an IR listing to the NFL ?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
This is probably a bit off topic but I think it's time for the NFL to expand rosters. This will keep teams from having to invent injuries- and don't fool yourself, they all do- in order to keep some guys around.

Having the ability to keep 57 to 60 players active insures teams have enough depth at all positions to avoid having to do these practice squad dances. For example, Brock Hoffman is out of PS callups. If he's needed to play Sunday the Cowboys will need to cut a player off the active roster in order to have him available. That's ridiculous.

I know there are roster limits so teams don't stash players, but since guys on IR can't play anyway what difference does it truly make?

Carson

Reaction score
I have to assume you're referring to Wright and Waletsko with IR' ing them for 4 games ? ( short term IR)

And Fehoko is not even listed on the injury list.
So you're gonna fake like he has some kind of injury, warranted an IR listing to the NFL ?
It’s what teams do.

Its mess with the system or lose your guys.