OL - RD 1

Word Mofo

Reaction score
We need somebody who can maul in the run game. Our current OL is doing nothing there. Give me Penning all day

Sydla

Reaction score
So, we can't swing a trade?

The cost would be prohibitive on a team that has multiple needs. My guess is you have to get ahead of Philly at 16 to get him. Per the value chart, you are looking at trading your 2nd for him if you have to get ahead of Philly who has the 15th and 16th picks.

garyv

Reaction score
Does anyone else think this is a huge priority? Can anyone give me film of OL prospects that can fall to our range of 24 if that is realistic.

I need this to get over the loss - thank you.

OL is huge and I've been saying 2-OL in first 3 rounds

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The cost would be prohibitive on a team that has multiple needs. My guess is you have to get ahead of Philly at 16 to get him. Per the value chart, you are looking at trading your 2nd for him if you have to get ahead of Philly who has the 15th and 16th picks.

I'd say its worth it on a "win now" team. Whats the point of holding picks to get players like Jaylon Smith, Trysten Hill, Connor Williams, Awuzue......I'd rather draft one great player to upgrade a good team than a bunch of mediocre players with low ceilings. We aren't looking at a Diggs or DLAW drafting near the end of round 2. So, trade the pick.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There is always the possibility they use those picks to move up, or one of them. I think Lindenbaum is a good bet for them if they use three. If they use two, maybe not as much

visionary

Reaction score
I like thinking outside the box but, That’s too much for a center IMO.

Cooper will not get you more than a late 2 in a trade and we don’t use him as much

upgrade the OC fir the next 10 years with a premium talent which I think is the weakest and most critical link on our entire offense

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Cooper will not get you more than a late 2 in a trade and we don’t use him as much

upgrade the OC fir the next 10 years with a premium talent which I think is the weakest and most critical link on our entire offense
I get it. It’s early though I’d have to see what else is available at 24. Trading back isn’t a bad option either. If we could get a 2nd for Cooper, it would be nice to have 4 day 2 picks.

Sydla

Reaction score
I like thinking outside the box but, That’s too much for a center IMO.

He can also play OG.

If you add Linderbaum and let's say Ball develops or Steele continues to improve, you could roll out an OL next year of Smith, Collins, Linderbaum, Martin, Steele/Ball.

WIth a real OL coach, that could be a really good OL.

Sydla

Reaction score
Ravens at 14 need a WR in the worst way and we need cap help

trade them 24 and Cooper

take Linderbaum

I kind of like it. Because honestly, the more I think about it, looking at our cap and the fact Gallup is hurt and likely could take a "cheaper" deal now, they may cut Cooper anyway and bring back Gallup.

Sydla

Reaction score
There gonna keep cooper and restructure his contract. Bank on it.

They have to restructure or cut. They don't have any options here given their cap situation.

But they are likely going to have to make a surprise cut or two and Cooper could be a prime target.

dreameaglegreen

Reaction score

Since the eagles have the 15th pick you'd have to trade with the ravens at 14. 14th pick is worth 1100, cowboys would have to give up 1st-24 (740), 2nd-56 (340), 4th-120 (54) total 1134. Last year the eagles gave the cowboys picks 1st-12 (1200), 3rd-84 (170) total 1370 for pick 1st-10 (1300). If he's still available, and the eagles aren't interested in him, I could see the eagles trading with the cowboys, but your 1st and 2nd isn't enough to get the ravens pick at 14.

Xavier187

Reaction score
They have to restructure or cut. They don't have any options here given their cap situation.

But they are likely going to have to make a surprise cut or two and Cooper could be a prime target.

They can trade Collins that frees up money
Trade or cut Jarwin that frees up money

Trade Anthony Brown and Jourdan Lewis

All free up money.

Restructures are easy.