[OLD THREAD] The first free agent I try to sign. Ken Hamlin

dillinger319

Striped Leopard
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1303376 said:
I asked this question in the NFL forum, I think, but never got reply. Does anybody know how long Colvin is signed for in NE? He's been there like 5 seasons already. He would be perfect for us as the other OLB IMO. You want a guy who can bring heat, that's him. Briggs is probably better as an open field tackler but Colvin is better with pressure on the QB IMO.

This was his fourth year but third to play all year. His first year he played only 2 games. He has gradually gotten better for them. I would rather have Adalius but Briggs wouldnt be a bad 2nd choice.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
LatinMind;1303475 said:
why get thomas when dallas has ellis, ware and carp?

It's a huge risk assuming, at his age, that Ellis can come back 100%... he was never the same player after his broken leg, although he was still good...

We can't take that chance...

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
trickblue;1303488 said:
It's a huge risk assuming, at his age, that Ellis can come back 100%... he was never the same player after his broken leg, although he was still good...

We can't take that chance...

well with all this hoopla in the air with parcells whos the even say dallas will run a 3-4 next yr. they have to do something with roy. and the 3-4 isnt it. they need to play a defensive scheme that gets him closer to the LOS. sort of the way philly uses brian dawkins

newlander

Reaction score
Hey Gordon: I have NFL ticket and have seen about 8 Seahag games this year. The guy has really lost a step since he got pummeled in that bar brawl. I actually watch the games whereas in this case: you're going off hear-say. Inaccurate hear-say to boot.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1303376 said:
I asked this question in the NFL forum, I think, but never got reply. Does anybody know how long Colvin is signed for in NE? He's been there like 5 seasons already. He would be perfect for us as the other OLB IMO. You want a guy who can bring heat, that's him. Briggs is probably better as an open field tackler but Colvin is better with pressure on the QB IMO.

I didn't see his name on any list of potential UFAs or RFAs, so I don't assume he's one of either yet

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BigDFan5;1301142 said:
Ken Hamlin FS seattle - I like Watkins, and I hope he can develop but IMO we can get hamlin and lock this position up with 100% certainty instead of hope.

Next I go after Eric Steinbach G Cincy- Rivera is done we can all agree on this, Steinbach wont be cheap but he will be worth it and will lock down his spot for years to come

Terdell Sand DT Raiders - He isnt a superstar but he is a mamoth of a man at 6'7" 335 May be to tall for NT but he is a very good run stuffer and should not command a large contract

In The draft I look at WR, OT, Backup QB, and a pass rusher

I don't see us signing Hamlin or any other FS for that matter... I think the job is Watkins at this point.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And I don't see us drafting a QB either. I think Baker stays on the PS and we sign a vet to back up Romo.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
i dont agree with Hamlin but the 2 other guys would be a Great fit here and yea we really need Thomas opposite of Ware with Ellis likely done as full time player...

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
BigDFan5;1301142 said:
Ken Hamlin FS seattle - I like Watkins, and I hope he can develop but IMO we can get hamlin and lock this position up with 100% certainty instead of hope.

Next I go after Eric Steinbach G Cincy- Rivera is done we can all agree on this, Steinbach wont be cheap but he will be worth it and will lock down his spot for years to come

Terdell Sand DT Raiders - He isnt a superstar but he is a mamoth of a man at 6'7" 335 May be to tall for NT but he is a very good run stuffer and should not command a large contract

In The draft I look at WR, OT, Backup QB, and a pass rusher

No more free agents.

The first step in setting up this team to win is staying away from free agency.

I hope jerry acts like he is broke this offseason.

Its all about the draft. Lets build the team in april for a change.

We had our supposed "built to win now season" this year, although I know that isnt the truth about our roster and know we our young we need to ignore free agency.

No more big money free agents.

All the teams this weekend except new orleans are built through the draft.

Its not flashy, not exciting and it will be tough for jerry, but I believe after everything that has taken place the past two years, this is the only approach left.

Walk away from free agency.